RM's First Grow, Unknown Seeds

420-magazine-mobile835268287.jpg

Most in the fabric pots and in the 60/40 are drooping slightly, could they be due a water/feed. The pots feel light, dry till about 3/4inch. Last watered/fed on the 30th with 1/2 nutes at PH 7:0

RM's First Grow - Unknown Seeds

Look up iron deficiency. Maybe that?

Certainly looks like it could be that however I did feed them with half strength 'calmag' last feed.

Wonder if it's worth using full strength Calmag this feed and the rest 1/2 still?

Little question I was under the impression of giving nutes 2 out of every 3 waters. Does this sound right?

Many thanks in advance

Certainly looks like it could be that however I did feed them with half strength 'calmag' last feed.

Wonder if it's worth using full strength Calmag this feed and the rest 1/2 still?

Little question I was under the impression of giving nutes 2 out of every 3 waters. Does this sound right?

Many thanks in advance

What is your pH at? It may be that the amount of nutrients is correct but your pH is off and locking it out. Or maybe you just need to increase the strength further for those plants. Can you foliar feed the CalMag to help correct the deficiency faster?

Edit: Oops missed the last question. I can't really say how often you should give your nutes. It depends on the brand, the setup, the strains. Everyone seems to do it different. Listen to the plants. Let them guide you. :blalol:

What is your pH at? It may be that the amount of nutrients is correct but your pH is off and locking it out. Or maybe you just need to increase the strength further for those plants. Can you foliar feed the CalMag to help correct the deficiency faster

First feed was at PH 6.0 second was at 7:0.

I'll have to look in to foliar feed . first time Iv hurd of that .

It's been 12 days since your last watering. Have you gone through ledrf thread? If it was me, growing the size of plant you have I would water once daily since your in coco with 1/4 strength grow nutes and calmag. Get a little run off. Do it for a week and see if anything changes

I hope you don't mind me reposting this #2 is what I see

The is a quote from ledrf.
1. Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated.
2. If you let coco dry out, you will get lower yields and most likely nutrient issues because when the coco dries out, it leaves dry spots, where the roots dry up and die. That causes issues.
3. When you water every day or twice a day or ever three times a day, you are replacing all the oxygen the plant used up, thus letting it grow faster. You are also replacing any nutrients the plant used up with fresh nutrients. This is why I water every day with nutrients.
4. You get hydroponic results. Fast growth. Bigger yields.

It's been 12 days since your last watering. Have you gone through ledrf thread? If it was me, growing the size of plant you have I would water once daily since your in coco with 1/4 strength grow nutes and calmag. Get a little run off. Do it for a week and see if anything changes

I hope you don't mind me reposting this #2 is what I see

The is a quote from ledrf.
1. Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated.
2. If you let coco dry out, you will get lower yields and most likely nutrient issues because when the coco dries out, it leaves dry spots, where the roots dry up and die. That causes issues.
3. When you water every day or twice a day or ever three times a day, you are replacing all the oxygen the plant used up, thus letting it grow faster. You are also replacing any nutrients the plant used up with fresh nutrients. This is why I water every day with nutrients.
4. You get hydroponic results. Fast growth. Bigger yields.

Hiya BF, yes I did I got alittle confused and scared off. Iv a little time off work tomorrow so I'll go though it again :)

420-magazine-mobile1782895909.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1331726015.jpg

Is this the same kind of coco you water everyday?

Again sorry for the silly questions.

Thank you guys

I do use canna and have used botanicare but didn't like it. Your coco is the same thing pretty much. As long as the coco is pure meaning no amendments like in soil then you should treat it like a hydroponics set up. Ph is super important in coco/ hydro. Your ph in coco should be between 5.5-6.0. What scared you off?? I'll try my best to answer any questions you have.

Edit: The coco your growing in specifically says it's good for flood and drain and drippers.

Too high PH for coco. PH is the number one cause to nutrient issues with plants.

Start feeding 5.8 ph with nutes every day. In a week or less you will see them looking good.

I would raise the light a bit for now.

Check out my free course at Black Diamond LED grow lights Perfect Sun

Day 26 (From Dropping in water)
Day23 (From braking the surface)

Temperature: Max 79.7 Min 61.6 (might be creeping alittle low on a night)

Humidity: 46%

Water: All. Bought some pH down today but regretted not investing in a pH pen. The liquid drop is far to fiddly for me. Will be calling and getting a pen tomorrow. My guess was pH a ranged between 5.5-6.5 very difficult to be accurate with out a pen.

Nutrients: 1/2 Strength: Coco A+B, Roots, Silicon. Full strength: Calmag.

Actions: Raised light 12inch. Attached carbon filter (got my first real smell today .)

420-magazine-mobile56212413.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1029919175.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1996074675.jpg

The two sick ones.

420-magazine-mobile1496963358.jpg

Enjoying the bumpy ride still (just haha)

pH_chart_-_Soil.jpg

Plant problem solver with pictures

The image and link are two great resources I use frequently.

Thank you obi.. Saved :)

If you can prevent the temps from dropping quite so low it might help a little. I'm not sure if it's just the result of lighting or angle in the pictures, but it looks like the plants have a bit more green on top today. Do you notice that in person?

Thanks again for taking time to reply. Ever so sightly I did think so, I only sprayed them a few times with Calmag at lights off (last night) so possibly helped. Hoping the water/feed today will help again. Is they a best time to water ie after lights off or before etc?

I'll feel a lot happier with a pH pen what i was using was very vague

Thank you obi.. Saved :)

Thanks again for taking time to reply. Ever so sightly I did think so, I only sprayed them a few times with Calmag at lights off (last night) so possibly helped. Hoping the water/feed today will help again. Is they a best time to water ie after lights off or before etc?

I'll feel a lot happier with a pH pen what i was using was very vague

I'm sorry. If there is a best time I don't know it. In my mind it makes sense to do it early so the plants have the whole light period to use and process the nutrients though. Also I don't like things being too damp at night and risking mold issues.

:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom