Rusty seedlings again: help please

leafy86

OK here I am again with the same problem as last grow although THIS TIME I'M USING CANNA COCO. LAST TIME WAS SOIL. OK folks il start with the setup.
4x4 grow tent
15litre fabric pots
4 Auto stardawg
Ph 5.8
Temps on 27 off 21
Humidity about 46 lights on about 60 lights off
Extractor fan and small fan blowing in between plants.
Mars Hydro 3000 light 38inch above.

Seeds 11 days old
I had same problem with last grow and me or other kind people on this site could not get to the bottom of it apart from the soil I was using. Like I said I'm using canna coco pro plus this time.
I wet coco with 3ltr ph5.8 tap water which I always leave out over night with 1.5ml foliage Pro and 6ml rhizotonic added before using water . Then planted seeds straight in. They spouted 4-5 days later and all looked good. Then 4 days in I gave 200ml water about a inch from stem. Then they started to droop bad 4days after so I have them 500ml with 0.5 foliage and 1ml rhizotonic a bit further from stem and this is important I also sprayed the plants with 2 sprays of water at the reccomonded dose of rhizotonic solution 4ml per ltr (don't know if spraying them has caused this) as problem then started. But was no drooping the next day but the marks where there then the next day.
2 days from last water they was drooping bad again so I gave them 1ltr water with 1ml foliage and 2ml rhizotonic. Pics are from today. Gave them the 1ltr water yesterday and drooping is going today. Also I forgot to mention, the coco in pic looks dry, that's because I topped up pots a few days ago with stuff straight out the bay because one plant fell over.

Attachments

• DSC_0417.JPG
    DSC_0417.JPG
    595.7 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC_0417.JPG
    DSC_0417.JPG
    595.7 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC_0416.JPG
    DSC_0416.JPG
    1,005.6 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC_0415.JPG
    DSC_0415.JPG
    592.3 KB · Views: 198
  • DSC_0414.JPG
    DSC_0414.JPG
    972 KB · Views: 213
Epsom for Mag and Cal/Mag.
I believe this is what is needed to start and see where it leads.

Hey bro Not sure if you still are having issues but one thing I will point out right off the bat is you want to water the pot fully until you get a fair amount of runoff. Coco can not be treated like soil and yes cal mag is gonna be necessary with coco. How much depends on your base nutrients and your water you will be starting with either city tap, well, or reverse osmosis. One tip for next time start them in smaller pots much easier this way.

Hey bro Not sure if you still are having issues but one thing I will point out right off the bat is you want to water the pot fully until you get a fair amount of runoff. Coco can not be treated like soil and yes cal mag is gonna be necessary with coco. How much depends on your base nutrients and your water you will be starting with either city tap, well, or reverse osmosis. One tip for next time start them in smaller pots much easier this way.
Still having problems yes. They seem to droop before they rust. They droop bad so I give them a bit of water then next day or 2 they rust. They are 15litre fabric pots and I wet them with 3 litres of ph water got about 20% runoff.

Still having problems yes. They seem to droop before they rust. They droop bad so I give them a bit of water then next day or 2 they rust. They are 15litre fabric pots and I wet them with 3 litres of ph water got about 20% runoff.
Have you been giving them nutrients?

Mate your coco is bone dry, keep it moist. I had this same issue last grow and it was either due to under-watering or me putting them in too big pots too quickly (5gal as seedlings).

This grow I've gone Jiffy puck > solo cup > 1gal smartpot > 3gal smartpot. Watering 5% of pot size, started 1x daily then increased to 2x daily about 14 days in. So far this grow my plants have looked suuuuper healthy all the way thru.

Both grow journals in my signature if you want to have a look, rusty leaves is on the first page of my first grow.

Mate your coco is bone dry, keep it moist
Was thinking that that's why I hit em with the litre yesterday. I put more coco in because 1 of the fell over so looks dryer than it is. Under the dry stuff was more moiste stuff but it was rightly dry. I checked with a moisture meter.

I put more coco in because 1 of the fell over so looks dryer than it is.

Ah that explains why it looks so dry!

I edited my comment with a bit more info too, you replied before I finished hehe

Ah that explains why it looks so dry!

I edited my comment with a bit more info too, you replied before I finished hehe
Sure il take a look cheers. I do autos so I don't transplant always started seed in final 15 litre pots always been fine. But also I always growled in soil had problems with my last 2 grows but it was the same soil (bag) so put it down to that.

Sure il take a look cheers. I do autos so I don't transplant always started seed in final 15 litre pots always been fine. But also I always growled in soil had problems with my last 2 grows but it was the same soil (bag) so put it down to that.
Looking better @Preston9mm

Attachments

• DSC_0426.JPG
    DSC_0426.JPG
    931.7 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC_0425.JPG
    DSC_0425.JPG
    963.5 KB · Views: 186
Back
Top Bottom