s1ingblade's Coco OG Kush & 818 HeadBand 1st Grow Journal 2013

re: s1ingblade's Coco OG Kush & 818 HeadBand 1st Grow Journal 2013

Next trip to Nv we'll have to get together. I'd love to help design something for ya. Got a great 24hr coffee house nearby to mull it all over at too.

Dam fine gesture there Mr. Bassman, and I love to fish too, lol. Wish you were closer my way, lol. Would love to see this Headband do some stuff have read and heard alot about it, best of luck. Peace, OG

not sure if your talking about me or who? but I'd most def. enjoy getting together one of these days, wonder if they will have a Medical Cup in Vegas one Year? Or maybe the indoor gardening convention or whatever its called?
I'll keep you well posted on the HeadBand OG1969

not sure if your talking about me or who? but I'd most def. enjoy getting together one of these days, wonder if they will have a Medical Cup in Vegas one Year? Or maybe the indoor gardening convention or whatever its called?
I'll keep you well posted on the HeadBand OG1969

No man no conventions like that in vegas. They would get busted in a heartbeat. MMJ cards are one thing. But still to this day, acquiring MMJ is illegal in Nevada. And those dispensaries that did open, all got busted. Some positive moves hopefully going on in the state legislature this year though.

But we do have AVN convention & awards every January!

Not sure whats different about this round of cuts but day 8 and still not even root bumps? The cuts are getting very hard compared to when I took them. I took a fresh batch and the 8 day old ones got re-cut , re-dipped and put into rooter plugs and into a humidity dome. If someone thinks they know what is keeping the cuts from rooting please feel free.

The 818headband seedlings are starting to pop up out of the coco:circle-of-love:

IDK why those cuts are takin so long to root bro, maybe try a longer angled cut next time to expose more of the cells that are going to change to root cells, just an idea.

Yes Sir.
Loading up for an overnight stay/work party. These are the trips were I wish I had a third arm lol. I'll get it done somehow, always do. Feels so good getting things done all by yourself esp. when its things most people cant without help. I have got more work than energy but I will make sure to pace myself, work safe and also take bunches of pics so I can show all you guys and gals whats happening 1st hand.
Have a good one all, ttyl

Glad I found your journal! I kept seeing you post and wondered if you were growing. Gotta check out the growers from NoAZ! I left Flagstaff in 2011 (yes, right after MMJ was made legal), and ended up in WA (yes, right before MJ was made legal). :)

I guess I still feel a stronger bond with AZ than WA. No disrespect to my WA family though! I made sure to get at least one TGA strain to represent the local breeders. :love: Just was in AZ for 10 years and only been here about 18 months.

I dont have a lid that fits right, think if I did and was able to get the humidity up there they would root faster?

I don't think so. The added humidity helps keep the plant from drying out while it builds roots. Some folks believe that the increased humidity may slow root growth as the plant has less pressure to establish roots. I have always used humidity domes, but I've always cloned in rockwool, and recently tried, the much nicer, rapid rooters. I've already got most of the parts to build an aerocloner, but seeing your dome made me realize I had not even considered that. I may have to get a different reservoir. I'll try to find one that will fit 2 domes well, but I may not use them. If the plants start to wilt, put the dome on. If they don't, I would leave it off. I tend to agree that the dome might slow root formation if it isn't needed. The only way I can see it accelerating root growth is that the plant is healthier and better able to make roots?

Sorry, after typing that, I'm not sure anymore. I'd still use the dome if they wilt, and probably wouldn't if they didn't. In the DIY threads I've read on making these cloners, I don't recall them using domes.

Yes I agree if your patient and really put your heart into it, with each harvest there should be access to some funds to add onto or upgrade.
Thanks Jon

That's how it works! I'm focused a little more on the commercial side of the equation, but I still have to "ramp up" as some revenue starts coming in.

Not sure whats different about this round of cuts but day 8 and still not even root bumps? The cuts are getting very hard compared to when I took them. I took a fresh batch and the 8 day old ones got re-cut , re-dipped and put into rooter plugs and into a humidity dome. If someone thinks they know what is keeping the cuts from rooting please feel free.

Some strains take longer. Again, I've not used that cloner style yet, but it's well known that some strains clone faster than others. My TGA Apollo13xVortex is a cloning monster. I already had high hopes for this strain, but it's already a front runner for mother selection. Some of my other strains are still rooting and making nice clones, but at a much slower rate.

Anyway, +reps for the grow. Bummer about the rental situation. I have a slightly different perspective on it since I have a rental in Flagstaff. Need a new rental in town? I know the landlord would be cool about growing there. Just make it so he can't tell when you leave and he won't care hehe. :Namaste:

Do you mind if I ask how things are in AZ now regarding MMJ? I did notice your avatar. What's the 25 mile rule? Is that something about you can't grow your own unless your 25 miles from a dispensary?

Do you have an idea about how licensing works for growing for a dispensary? The wife and I miss northern Arizona. We like WA well enough, but if I could grow down there legally, that would be awesome!

Glad I found your journal! I kept seeing you post and wondered if you were growing. Gotta check out the growers from NoAZ! I left Flagstaff in 2011 (yes, right after MMJ was made legal), and ended up in WA (yes, right before MJ was made legal). :)
lol, We moved back after the law passed

I guess I still feel a stronger bond with AZ than WA. No disrespect to my WA family though! I made sure to get at least one TGA strain to represent the local breeders. :love: Just was in AZ for 10 years and only been here about 18 months.
I feel similar to my former contacts, coop's and dispensaries that I used to work with in California.

I don't think so. The added humidity helps keep the plant from drying out while it builds roots. Some folks believe that the increased humidity may slow root growth as the plant has less pressure to establish roots. I have always used humidity domes, but I've always cloned in rockwool, and recently tried, the much nicer, rapid rooters. I've already got most of the parts to build an aerocloner, but seeing your dome made me realize I had not even considered that. I may have to get a different reservoir. I'll try to find one that will fit 2 domes well, but I may not use them. If the plants start to wilt, put the dome on. If they don't, I would leave it off. I tend to agree that the dome might slow root formation if it isn't needed. The only way I can see it accelerating root growth is that the plant is healthier and better able to make roots?
I am trying a few different ways to root cuttings, hopefully one day I will pick and stick with what ever method bests serves my situation

Sorry, after typing that, I'm not sure anymore. I'd still use the dome if they wilt, and probably wouldn't if they didn't. In the DIY threads I've read on making these cloners, I don't recall them using domes.

That's how it works! I'm focused a little more on the commercial side of the equation, but I still have to "ramp up" as some revenue starts coming in.

Some strains take longer. Again, I've not used that cloner style yet, but it's well known that some strains clone faster than others. My TGA Apollo13xVortex is a cloning monster. I already had high hopes for this strain, but it's already a front runner for mother selection. Some of my other strains are still rooting and making nice clones, but at a much slower rate.
I have heard alot of good stuff about Subcools Apollo 13 and Vortec strains or hybrids?

Anyway, +reps for the grow. Bummer about the rental situation. I have a slightly different perspective on it since I have a rental in Flagstaff. Need a new rental in town? I know the landlord would be cool about growing there. Just make it so he can't tell when you leave and he won't care hehe. :Namaste:
Do you mind if I ask how things are in AZ now regarding MMJ? I did notice your avatar. What's the 25 mile rule? Is that something about you can't grow your own unless your 25 miles from a dispensary?
yeah the 25 mile rule is lame and unfair, if you live within 25 miles of a MMJ Dispensary you wont be "Authorized to Cultivate" Hoping it will eventually get thrown out or that the Law will be changed? Not holding my breath. So far it looks like my patients or patients that designate a caregiver that live further than 25 miles will Keep a designated caregiver who lives too close Authorized.
Do you have an idea about how licensing works for growing for a dispensary? The wife and I miss northern Arizona. We like WA well enough, but if I could grow down there legally, that would be awesome!
I would miss No Az also if we werent here lol. if ya come back get ahold of me. No idea on the license other than a 5K dollar non-refundable deposit is required and you have to show evidance of funds at or over 150K. Just another ploy to keep the average person down.
Thanks for stopping by and please subscribe and let me know what you think as the show progresses.

So last night I worked well into the night, the 818 Headband seedlings have popped up but one of the 3 doesnt look very promising. So it's looking like 2 will make it and hopefully one if not both will be female, if not I will isolate and collect the pollen if possible. Here is a pic from 2/13 which will be day one of veg. for the seedlings.
securedownload19.jpeg

This is a pic of what I think might be a Calcium or Magnesium Deficiency? Please let me know what you all think, its minor and very early. I have only been feeding them approx 800 ppm and last night's watering I ramped it up to 1000 ppm's approx. Hey bassman59 how do you like my all natural defoliation tool? lol
Image761.jpg

Here is a before and after shot of my G13 (freebie) Raw Diesel which was LST'd and plucked and in need of a bigger container. It's now in a 3 gallon or 3.2 Airpot with some of BPN's "Root Magic"
securedownload18.jpeg

After transplanting
securedownload20.jpeg

Still not so sure about the cuts that I took on Feb. 4th? Ten Days ago, The older ones got re-cut and dipped into Root Tech rooting hormone and into rooter plugs in a humidity dome/greenhouse. the fresh cuts now 2 days maybe 3 sorry, still look limpish. 12 new ones in the diy aero cloner and the original older twelve in a more traditional plastic greenhouse w/dome plastic type. Hopefully some of both will root if not all of them lol

Just for the heck of it I wanted to share a pic of one of my The Purps clones that seems like it almost doubled in size after a day or so being transplanted. I am looking fwd. to trying some cured "The Purps" and see how grape it tastes, if I like it I will keep it as one of the Mother Plants that I will keep going for the rest of the year at least, she is by far the shortest, bushiest of all the strains I am working with, still havent tried her yet but do have one in flower but its still only day 3
securedownload21.jpeg

Not sure if the pics show enough? I am wondering if anyone has an opinion of these two Og Kush Clones they seem like they have a lot of NEW reddish/purplish coloring to the stems? has anyone had similar problems with the same strain. I started giving them 1000 ppm's instead of 800. They were transplanted into some fresh coco approx. 5 days ago. they didnt seem to have the tint before going into a new home. Do yo think the fresh/different brand of coco could be leaching the nutrients out of the plant? The pic of the Raw Diesel that was just transplanted has the same tinting of the stems and branches, thanks all
securedownload22.jpeg

my opinion is they look great. Let em grow.

What Bass said! :cheesygrinsmiley:Don't over analyze...the plants look healthy and I have seen the color you talk about before...as long as the leaves are healthy ...let her grow and stay on the recommended nute schedule...or you may have very serious problems :cheesygrinsmiley: IMHO
:tokin:
PS I don't remember who's soil you are using but most have enough nutes in them to start with (about a months worth) that you really only need to water them...

I agree with what everyone else has said. :) Damn nice looking plants!

Thanks you guys. I do have a few in soil but the majority are in 100% coco. This batch is different and is responding accordingly, I am going to start brewing some compost tea and first rinse then inoculate the coco with a colony of beneficials. I will do this to most but leave a couple without to do a side by side. Maybe its a better idea to do a few and leave most alone (Just in Case??) What do yall think?
Thanks again for the compliments it makes me proud to hear that from grower like you guys.

So the more I look and study the more I realize I have a long way to go, the good thing is I am patient and enjoy seeing the room grow just as much as the plants. Stay tuned were going to get alot of upgrades and repairs that ought to be educational as well as amusing Im sure lol. Not sure if I can mention any of the names I subscribe to on U Tube? Their is a grower on there that I learn so much from I am sure his vids would inspire and educate others as well. If I am allowed I will link one of his vids so yall can sub if you want

Thanks you guys. I do have a few in soil but the majority are in 100% coco. This batch is different and is responding accordingly, I am going to start brewing some compost tea and first rinse then inoculate the coco with a colony of beneficials. I will do this to most but leave a couple without to do a side by side. Maybe its a better idea to do a few and leave most alone (Just in Case??) What do yall think?
Thanks again for the compliments it makes me proud to hear that from grower like you guys.

So the more I look and study the more I realize I have a long way to go, the good thing is I am patient and enjoy seeing the room grow just as much as the plants. Stay tuned were going to get alot of upgrades and repairs that ought to be educational as well as amusing Im sure lol. Not sure if I can mention any of the names I subscribe to on U Tube? Their is a grower on there that I learn so much from I am sure his vids would inspire and educate others as well. If I am allowed I will link one of his vids so yall can sub if you want

Side by sides are always fun and educational, your insights are sound, the flush inoculate plan you have mentioned sounds good, I don't think you could go wrong. Peace bro.......just my thoughts

wont be able to get back there until Saturday morning, hoping the seedlings dont dry out to much, I did moisten them up some yesterday. I have got to get an automated watering system up and running before Summer, that and some a/c. The temp. outside right now is 14 deg.'s F and right now I'm forced to add heat when the lights are out. By the time I figure this season out it will be time to change my game plan. Notes, Notes and more Notes lol that and a calendar

I like your idea of doing the test. Since you seem pretty 50/50 about wether or not it will help (I agree with McLoadie that it sounds like a good idea), why not do half? Then no matter the outcome, you always have at least half. :)

What is that plant on the left? I know I've seen leaves like that, but I can't place where.

Back
Top Bottom