s1ingblade's Coco OG Kush & 818 HeadBand 1st Grow Journal 2013

re: s1ingblade's Coco OG Kush & 818 HeadBand 1st Grow Journal 2013

looking good in here bfam, that widow bomb is not an auto it was a flowering clone, thus the odd leaf growth and i believe it was topped ,should be no mold or bugs on it, also the wb strain is sensitive to low temps i have some other cuts that were acting funny till i put them in the warmer flower rm and are doing fine now,give it time to adjust to the different nutes,lights enviros etc, its a cut from a widow bomb from bomb seed co,, i think the coco needed to be flushed i do see a lil wind burn and slight mag def, a lil micro or epsom salts should fix, i think the mycos idea is perfect organics love coco!, gotta run right now i'll be back in a while to blow some more hot air :high-five::thumb:
ok im back to like type stuff about stuff..he he heh heh ya ya uh huh huh
one thing i have noticed something about coco, i reuse my coco several times and add old rinsed coco to new coco ,anyway with old coco it holds on to mag and Calcium ,basically what happens with new coco is in the beginning it sucks up cal & mag till its reached its fill then after that the deficiencies stop showing in the plants and it levels out nicely i have noticed with old coco i dont see the calmag issue or its very minor, i actually like it better the 2nd and 3rd time around it seems to colonize mycos much better and faster, holds and retains more water for some reason it seems, and i really like the eco freindly aspect of it too,
that one leaf you showed with the yellow & brown starting looks like typical calmag def from fresh coco to me,
but like its been said before dont over analize it the plants look really happy and healthy overall ,i have noticed the calmag thing usually goes away in time as the coco absorbs nutes and ages, no worries bfam
boy i sure would love some cuts of that mendo purps ,og kush *winkwink*
let me know if you want some of my azomite & i'll get ya hooked up (that seems to put an end to all sorts of mineral probs)
ok im out the walking dead is on!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
ps the stuff i said about coco recycling is my own personal take on it i cant quote and hard science on it its jus my opinion and observations

Sounds good bfam, as soon as I get my cloning procedures down you'll be the 1st to know about it. So last night I pulled a late shift and spent the night on the army cot. Overall it was a stressful shift as I am getting discouraged with all the work that needs to be completed asap and there is SO MUCH equipment that I still need. So my decision is to first of all relax, take a break from stressing on the op and take it one day at a time and one room at a time. With each successful harvest I will have access to the funds I need to get the rest of the stuff. So even though the clones look like crap I did get another 4 rooted and transplanted into the tiny air pots. Re-cut the last batch and now they are all in rooter plugs and in the lil plastic greenhouse w/dome. I will be back tomorrow and will check on them and the other plants. I got a crude automated irrigation station up and running in the tent. I will get fresh pics tomorrow and update by Tuesday evening or Wed. afternoon.
I hope and pray all my 420mag bros and sisters are doing well and that there plants are thriving

Sounds good bfam, as soon as I get my cloning procedures down you'll be the 1st to know about it. So last night I pulled a late shift and spent the night on the army cot. Overall it was a stressful shift as I am getting discouraged with all the work that needs to be completed asap and there is SO MUCH equipment that I still need. So my decision is to first of all relax, take a break from stressing on the op and take it one day at a time and one room at a time. With each successful harvest I will have access to the funds I need to get the rest of the stuff. So even though the clones look like crap I did get another 4 rooted and transplanted into the tiny air pots. Re-cut the last batch and now they are all in rooter plugs and in the lil plastic greenhouse w/dome. I will be back tomorrow and will check on them and the other plants. I got a crude automated irrigation station up and running in the tent. I will get fresh pics tomorrow and update by Tuesday evening or Wed. afternoon.
I hope and pray all my 420mag bros and sisters are doing well and that there plants are thriving
OK my friend, here comes my hippy cure for stress...have used it for years. Take deep breaths in and out...remember at the altitude you are at air is thinner so deep in and out breaths..with your eyes closed. After several deep breaths continue to breath normally with your eyes still closed. Picture yourself standing in the door looking at your finished project...awesome isn't it? By what you have said you want to do, it will be...It's the same with the pests in my tent...I visualize them gone! Hopefully since my frontal attack on them yesterday, they will be gone in another day or so...perfect timing before I have to start planning for the harvest...Take a day to collect your thoughts like you said, maybe making a to do list if you haven't already and PRIORITIZE the tasks that are there and be methodical...I know you will succeed...:cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

Forgot to mention I lost (or I think its done) another 818HeadBand? I dont know if its a genetic thing or what I did wrong. Two days ago one of the last 3 had signs of Damping Off and last night when the room woke I noticed another, same issue. The only one left is the one I damaged by helping it get the seed shell off, I have grown out plants before that I had been impatient and helped it shed it seed shell before so I haven't lost hope yet but its weird how out of ten seeds 8 have been trouble or duds. Might be time to find myself another seed bank. So tomorrow i will go back to see how things are developing and take pics and update this journal just asap

Man hozona there aint enough room on the paper to put all the TO DO stuff lol.
Im telling ya some deep breaths are what I need, that and a few beers lol, oh yeah I dont drink:)
ME EITHER!:rofl: Only took a dui at 59YO to convince me to quit...I got away with a LOT of shit when I was younger...time to quit, so I did. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I heard that. Luckily for me "God looks out for drunks and idiots" and I was both when I was abusing alcohol. My marraige has never been better, lots of things in my life wouldnt be possible if I was still drinking

I'm happy to read that you guys kicked it. Unfortunately, my Father wasn't as strong and it got the best of him several years ago. Rarely will I touch it. Besides.....I have too many nugs to smoke. ;)

I always like reading about folks who are able to overcome the demons. Kudos to you guys.

I love being able to wake up and think what should I do today without the headache and dent in my pocket from the night before.

My marriage has gotten so much better as well. good job arizona meds!

keep killing it

I would say it wasn't easy but with as sick as I was and how damaged my Liver was it was easy, everyday I made it sober I felt so much better it was a done deal. This is the one time of MANY that I dont resent being on the wagon

I would say it wasn't easy but with as sick as I was and how damaged my Liver was it was easy, everyday I made it sober I felt so much better it was a done deal. This is the one time of MANY that I dont resent being on the wagon

Good for you AM

hey man just try to relax. its stressful as u make it. just work within ur means and grow as u develop. i too have beaten addiction and if u have the strength of character and will to do it then building a grow is a piece of piss. ur doing good mate, appreciate what u have now and the better things will come.

i think the best things i did for myself was to quit drinking almost 10 ys ago, and ciggs 3 yrs ago, theres other things i wont name i quit also, now its just my coffee nd cannabis, and the pain meds but i'll oust those as soon as is feasible, cannabis is the only self medicating we need in my opinion, it has such a range of things it treats,flavors and effects its just perfect:thumb:
i had probs with damping off when i used soil,coco,rockwool and others, the only one i hve not seen that happen in is ...yup you know what im gonna say....ROOTPLUGS!!! lol i love em':love::circle-of-love::love:

And I don't know if you caught my post where I slit the plug end to end like a hotdog bun, dipped the cutting in conex gel, wrapped the plug around it and planted it in a dixie cup and FFOF soil...it worked flawlessly...like the saying goes, more than one way to skin a cat...but I like the plugs for taking my clones that have rooted in the Aero..dip in Root Magic, wrap with a plug, into the soil she goes!:cheesygrinsmiley: Both methods were used on my present veggers...BTW, it's SURE getting crowded in the veg tent...If someone with a card doesn't take them off my hands soon, I'm gonna start losing them because of space deprivation...Stay vigilent, but don't let it make you crazy:cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks guys, means alot to me. I appreciate you all and the things in my life that I can improve even some of the things I can't. I will take this grow one day at a time and one harvest at a time. What do you all think should I put up a net or cages? It might be kinda late for the old mothers I have in flower now but mostly talking about the flowering run for the clones I'm rooting and vegin right now.

Thanks guys, means alot to me. I appreciate you all and the things in my life that I can improve even some of the things I can't. I will take this grow one day at a time and one harvest at a time. What do you all think should I put up a net or cages? It might be kinda late for the old mothers I have in flower now but mostly talking about the flowering run for the clones I'm rooting and vegin right now.
Cages and nets work well...I like Vicks porta srcog...works for his application. I like scrog also and find this is a great way to control where your plants branches go with their flowers...I am considering a two level one built with PVC this next grow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Cages and nets work well...I like Vicks porta srcog...works for his application. I like scrog also and find this is a great way to control where your plants branches go with their flowers...I am considering a two level one built with PVC this next grow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Love that idea Hozona, staqger or offset the squares to get different angles, could be fun, I have plenty of pvc. And with your grand extender method sounds like a whopper, OG

So today (Feb. 19th 2013) I went up to our Ranch to feed the dogs and tend to the gardens. Tightened up the plants that are tied down aka LST Low Stress training, filled up the res. in the tent, set the pump timer to give the plants 15 seconds of nutes every 6 hours daytime setting. Misted the cuts and by the way they arent looking so good. B.I.D. suggested to me next time to add a lil super thrive in the water that sits in the bottom of my tiny plastic greenhouse/cloning/seedling germination thing, so I will try that cause as of now I am having problems getting cuts to root. The other DIY aero Cloner I made out of a 18 gallon tote worked well but this new upgraded unit just wont do it? Wonder if with it being from a different manufacturer maybe it is toxic or something? Would love to be able to afford a turbo cloner. I did get a few og's to root from the rooter plugs, so I might continue to do that. The patients I grow for really need me to be able to cut and root well cause they are going to need fresh meds every month. Since I want to run 2 separate flowering rooms 30 days apart I have to get good at cloning.
So today I made a batch of compost tea here is a pic of the stuff i have and use
DSCN8735.JPG

This is a pic from today in the flowering tent 8' by 8' the plant is Raw Diesel
DSCN8724.JPG

This pic is of my homemade automated irrigation system, I have it giving the plants 15 seconds every 6 hours (Daytime)
DSCN8730.JPG

This is an up close pic of one of the LST'd OG Kush Clones
DSCN8737.JPG

Og Kush Twins
DSCN8736.JPG

a pic of the clones (OG Kush, Raw Diesel and The Purps)
DSCN8732.JPG

a pic of the seedlings ( 818 Headband and LA Confidential), cuttings that arent doing so well and a The Purps clone that was transplanted into one of our largest Air Pots
DSCN8734.JPG

was really jazzed to see that in the mail today I got my replacement T5 bulbs and also got our new seeds, got them ordered in time to qualify for Feb.'s promo which was HSO's Blue Dream, OG Kush and their Pineapple Skunk. The Pine. Skunk was the only reason I even ordered lol. Tood did me right (Bassman59 needs to read this) I mailed back 5 of the 6 The Purps I ordered that didnt germinate and or had issues and they finally (3 months later) decided to give me credit cause they couldn't get more of the feminized seeds so I picked Duth P's Strawberry Cough Fem. x's 5 and GDP's Phantom Cookies x's 3. I think its fair for the fact I did get one healthy female mother out of the 6 I bought last year and they sent me two strains of my choice. I also ordered NL#5 x Haze and Dr. Grinspoon. Couple of other seeds that were free UFO's. I am going to send them back the 818 headbands that either didnt pop or died days later from what I diagnosed damping off? Dont know for sure but I do know I attempted to germinate them the same exact way I did all the others. All of my plants are from seeds.
Talk To You All next time. Please feel free to let me know what you think I am doing right or wrong

Love that idea Hozona, staqger or offset the squares to get different angles, could be fun, I have plenty of pvc. And with your grand extender method sounds like a whopper, OG
If you make it square, then as you go up you can turn it 90 degrees and if you had to go up another you could rotate another 90. The stems would end up 180 degrees from where they started:cheesygrinsmiley: kind of a slow spiral...

Back
Top Bottom