s1ingblade's Coco OG Kush & 818 HeadBand 1st Grow Journal 2013

re: s1ingblade's Coco OG Kush & 818 HeadBand 1st Grow Journal 2013

Yeah so far i dont have anything negative to say about the root plugs, I still want to try my luck with the small rockwool cubes but mostly cause I have like 96 of them lol. I really liked growing at home with more reliable power and cloning in my aero tub. With the fact that the cabin site's power is hit and miss i have to grow in coco and not in my rdwc that I had been planning on learning and showing. No big deal, right now I feel very blessed to have an opportunity to grow at all:)

If you make it square, then as you go up you can turn it 90 degrees and if you had to go up another you could rotate another 90. The stems would end up 180 degrees from where they started:cheesygrinsmiley: kind of a slow spiral...
:tokin:

Love the idea. may try it on an outdoor grow and see if I can get a plant 9ft wide instead of tall???

If you make it square, then as you go up you can turn it 90 degrees and if you had to go up another you could rotate another 90. The stems would end up 180 degrees from where they started:cheesygrinsmiley: kind of a slow spiral...
:tokin:

ive always been a fan of scrogs and the different variations, Vscrogs and stadium scrogs etc.. i can picture what you mean and it would be cool to experiment with for sure!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah so far i dont have anything negative to say about the root plugs, I still want to try my luck with the small rockwool cubes but mostly cause I have like 96 of them lol. I really liked growing at home with more reliable power and cloning in my aero tub. With the fact that the cabin site's power is hit and miss i have to grow in coco and not in my rdwc that I had been planning on learning and showing. No big deal, right now I feel very blessed to have an opportunity to grow at all:)

howdy brother!!
yeah i was wandering how your RDWC was going, plenty of time tho bro.. BUT as long as your growing and the plants are pumping all is well :cheesygrinsmiley: :Namaste:

Yo Alkhe! Great to see ya, sorry I couldn't run the rdwc, wanted to SO bad, the power this year is expected to be worse as there going to be shutting it off during the days for up to 7 hours so they can upgrade. Hopefully once they get it better I can fire it up. It also helps me grow in the coco as getting ahold of RO is hard enough just in the coco, full on hydro would be challenging but asap.
Keep in touch Alkhe

howsit brother!

so you SHOULD be bloody sorry! loL ;-]
i feel ya there bro!! ya gosta do the best ya can with what you have sometimes- for sure! one thing ive definitely learned and had to do over the years- adapt to so many different grow spaces and situations! certainly keeps u on your toes moving as often as i have but thats the gypsy in me! loL
bro! considering your present limitations with access to electricity, water etc.. how much time you have to spend travelling to and fro.. and your current state of health- I am f$#*ing blown away by how well you're doing!! dude... you even got a wife and kids to look out for too! im sure everyone else is on the same Page when i say i REALLY hope this goes well for ya bro! i for one wanna see you cracking MINIMUM 1G=1W SOON!! ;] otherwise im gonna start cracking the whip loL... yeah, like i can talk :p

hope you get confirmation soon about some solid access to electricity dude... but ya know, good things can take a little time hey ;]

all the best with your lovely ladies brotha :goodjob: :Namaste: :peace:

Can you girls and guys tell me what they know about strains that are resistant to mold and mildews? I have always had a struggle with Powdery Mildew. Of course the strain Im growing OG Kush is one that I have and others have had PM problems. I need to re read all the descriptions of the strains I have to see which are less susceptible to my enemy PM! lol. I have seen a few bigger growers on you tube grow out OG one time and then switch and never see them grow it out again, wondering if its cause it gets it so easily?
Off to the dr to get shots in the back, fun stuff. hey at least I get 15MG's of valium:)

I always used rockwool cubes in the past. When I germinated my seeds, I put them in the small rockwools after the paper towel. For my recent batch of clones, I tried rapid rooters, and also used up some leftover rockwool cubes. I really liked them! I was 100% sold that I would never go back. I'm not as sure now. In this batch of clones, the rapid rooters didn't really out perform the rockwool. In fact, I lost 2 clones in the rooters, but had 100% success in the rockwool. Also, I culled most of my male clones last night, so I ripped apart the rockwools and rapid rooters to examine the root development. As a result of this study, my appreciation of the rockwool cubes has increased a bit. I thought the root development looked better, and the bottom of the stem seemed less 'rotten' than in the rapid rooters. I will say that the rapid rooters seemed to root faster. I guess the embedded rooting hormones help, but I use gel with the rockwool anyway, so it ends up about the same.

My point? If you have rockwool, and like using them, then use them. I like the rapid rooters too, but both work about the same IMHO.

I always used rockwool cubes in the past. When I germinated my seeds, I put them in the small rockwools after the paper towel. For my recent batch of clones, I tried rapid rooters, and also used up some leftover rockwool cubes. I really liked them! I was 100% sold that I would never go back. I'm not as sure now. In this batch of clones, the rapid rooters didn't really out perform the rockwool. In fact, I lost 2 clones in the rooters, but had 100% success in the rockwool. Also, I culled most of my male clones last night, so I ripped apart the rockwools and rapid rooters to examine the root development. As a result of this study, my appreciation of the rockwool cubes has increased a bit. I thought the root development looked better, and the bottom of the stem seemed less 'rotten' than in the rapid rooters. I will say that the rapid rooters seemed to root faster. I guess the embedded rooting hormones help, but I use gel with the rockwool anyway, so it ends up about the same.

My point? If you have rockwool, and like using them, then use them. I like the rapid rooters too, but both work about the same IMHO.

I am about to try rapid rooters too. I am a rockwool cloner normally since I achieve 100% usually, even with hard to clone strains.

I want to use rapid rooters since I am in a soilless mix. but I tried them once and failed miserably. XLR8 has a tutorial on cloning with the rapid rooters I believe. should be a good tutorial.

On the Pm issue AM. I think you need to clean the room and drop the humidity more. when you think the room is clean clean it one more time to be sure. I like to do a weekly maid service in my room. put on some music and clean every corner and crevise. very important In my eyes.

Thanks yall, nothing like driving 60 miles in the snow to get injections and to be turned away because there equipment s down lol, then again wouldn't want to be getting the injections and have the live X-ray machine fail and the doc screw me up worse. so now its time to go back home and study up\on the seed i have which ones are resistant. the pm hasn't shown it's ugly face YET but I agree the cleanliness is a must and proper temps and RH are super super important. what i do without the old trusty shop vac? lol. I will check into XLR8's tutorial forsure thanks shottafire , tried to +Reps but it wont let me? Thanks Hiker

i like the feeding tube system i have all i need to do one except a timer that runs less than 15 min, i have had mixed results with rockwool and nearly 100% with rooters i think the few i lost i muffed em up by overdoing gels and powders, i like that there's no prep to the rooters no need to soak or ph, the spongy texture holds its shape and keeps the cut or seed at the perfect rh i still have a pak of 96 or whatever they come in of the 1.5 inch rockwool cubes plus another few, i do use those when i cant get any root plugs, and they do work i get about 50-60% success but i find them to be more hassle and i dont like how they crush so easily and it seems they grow algae easily and in my tray stay to waterlogged well thats my take on it anyway, and my aerocloner is ok but such a big setup and all its reserved for only the most difficult to clone strains,
you will settle on a means to clone brother, and anything i can do to help if it means bringing me a mum and i make clones for you till you get is sussed out i have your back ,i'll help you anyway i can to get this thing producing, i personalty think going with coco was a great idea its a great hydroponic medium you can use organics with and get the best of both worlds hydro growth and organic potency and flavor ,when i switched from soil the first 2 things i noticed were the cal mag deficiency and the crazy fast growth ,from others who have done both soil and hydro well i have heard that the growth rate in coco is about the same as hydro with the exception of nft which is a little faster than any other method but also the hardest to master and work with and costly for a pre built system, i think coco is one of the best ways to go well i guess i have preached enough for the moment lol the plants are looking good bfam

So far the irrigation system is working so well I bought another manifold this morning and will hook it up tomorrow in the veg. room and power it on an extension cord plugged into the same timer, only problem though that I can see is the timer is operating only durg the 12 hours the flower room is on. Then again with the plants being smaller and requiring less water it might just work out fine? I will keep everyone posted. Tomorrow I will take a bunch of pics cause I finally found my camera:)

I took a break on youtube and was flipping thru the channels on directv and luckily stumbled across discovery channels new series Weed Country

I watched it last night. It looks like it's going to be like the moonshiners reality show on the same channel.

Might be intertaining but probably not going to learn a lot about how to grow.

I was wondering when there was going to be a 420 show similar to moonshiners. They made it seem like the guy transporting was going down but of course he didn't, luckily for the grower. I wouldn't want to participate cause then everyone would know what were up to:)

Back
Top Bottom