Sativacat's Soil Tent Grow - Five-o & Alpujarrena - First Grow

re: Sativacat's Soil Tent Grow - Five-o & Alpujarrena - First Grow

Oh, that's awesome. I wasn't aware you could change the fans on the lights! I can't wait to see how your plants turn out. Are you going to LST them?

The first seed I tried to germinate is also the last one to peek her head up to say hello to the world. The seed casing fell right off but left behind a bit of translucent fiber keeping her from opening up. Im using a toothpick to transfer tiny droplets of water hoping the moisture will help her break free.

After flying across a whole ocean to spend a few months with me she deserves to live!

You should definitely bend em or scrog em! I think you'll yeild much more and the plants are beautiful when they're bushy! I think the membrane on the leave is normal, I had that on a seedling too and it eventually opened up.

+1 on LST. It's a good introduction to training of any sort. If you can pick an LST method and implement it, you will learn the basics and go from there.

I ended up removing my fans and found the fans from the LEDs kicked up enough air. The plants still want that sun heat simulated, so the heat from your lights should still get to the plants. I would avoid using direct wind on your plants. This is just my experience. If you have a jungle going that may be a different story.

Here is that same seedling again. I thought she was looking sturdy today so I decided to try to help her out. I used a toothpick to transfer droplets of water onto the transparent casing that was holding her together. I did this a few times over about half an hour before carefully slipping the toothpick underneath the casing and gently working it off.

Freedom! She opened right up. I expect her to look much happier after a day or two.

IMG_20140422_180732small.jpg

nice, I bet it will spread out within hours, tomorrow it will be looking real nice! Are you keeping them under the led as seedlings? I wonder if it is better to keep them under a cfl, like a few inches away, so that they don't stretch? Just wondering.

You should definitely bend em or scrog em! I think you'll yeild much more and the plants are beautiful when they're bushy! I think the membrane on the leave is normal, I had that on a seedling too and it eventually opened up.

So LST even on a first grow, eh? I am starting to regret getting a 7 foot tent! =D
Its not a big one either. 4 plants in a 2.6ft x 2.6ft

nice, I bet it will spread out within hours, tomorrow it will be looking real nice! Are you keeping them under the led as seedlings? I wonder if it is better to keep them under a cfl, like a few inches away, so that they don't stretch? Just wondering.

She feels strong, just stunted. I bet she will do fine now that the binds have been released.

Seedlings are under the LED at 33 inches. I don't have CFLs or I would be using them. They seem to be happy with the LED so I don't think I am going to go out and get CFLs.

+1 on LST. It's a good introduction to training of any sort. If you can pick an LST method and implement it, you will learn the basics and go from there.

I ended up removing my fans and found the fans from the LEDs kicked up enough air. The plants still want that sun heat simulated, so the heat from your lights should still get to the plants. I would avoid using direct wind on your plants. This is just my experience. If you have a jungle going that may be a different story.

I couldn't manage without a fan pulling air through the tent. Without some kind of climate control it would get up into the 90's for certain.

It's up to you of course, but I recommend lst'ing. I did it my 2nd grow and have done it since with every plant. Your plants can still get huge and beastly :D and tall! Maybe just play around with one or two plants and let the other two do their own thing and ser what you like more?

I'm on my first grow, I topped once and lst'd it to stay flat and even. And now there's about 20+ bud sites. Just be gentle at first, so you don't snap em off. I figured I would try it all in first grow just to get the practice. Topped, lst'd, defoliated, and although not a true scrog, I did screen them down cause adjusting hangers constantly becomes a chore. But everything's looking good in your grow so far. Looking forward to the next one already

Unless you have a great deal light, the plant will produce lower quality buds, fluffy, not sticky. LST and pruning allows you to let the plant focus on less buds, increasing the potency.

If you have a huge light you could simply stretch the plant apart and each cola would have ample light. For instance, I found that, for me 200 watts of LED light was only enough for two or three colas. It seemed to work out well, so I think this is a pretty reliable ratio, but I'm sure it even varies from strain to strain.

In general, LST is used to at least get light to the growth below and make it even with the growth above. You can just prune, or decide to top, as well.

Looks great. I can tell that humidifier will fit around your pots now. I love how it's pretty much a fountain of mist. Be careful of the water pooling on the ground. I had to put it on a stand, put a fan on it, or keep the flow low.

Good job on the setup.

Looks great. I can tell that humidifier will fit around your pots now. I love how it's pretty much a fountain of mist. Be careful of the water pooling on the ground. I had to put it on a stand, put a fan on it, or keep the flow low.
Good job on the setup.

Unfortunately the humidifier isn't working out. Whatever vapor that it generates comes out of the bottom and it just ends up making a pool of water. RH dropped to 35% which is even lower than the 45% Ive got in the rest of the building. Ive gone back to the old one for now and have ordered this one to try. I like how it has 2 separate jets that you can point in different directions.

Safety 1st Ultrasonic 360 Degree Humidifier

Subscribed Sativacat, off to a great start, this will be fun to watch. I've noticed you have a heavy hitter watching out for you, good job.
KingJohnC must be a very busy guy. Have some Reps my friend, good save on your little girl.

Subscribed Sativacat, off to a great start, this will be fun to watch.

Glad to have you aboard for the ride! This has been a lot of fun so far and I am just getting started.

Here is what they were looking like earlier today. 4 happy looking sprouts! #5 was dropped directly into the soil too shallow. She was having trouble standing up on her own. I added some more and she seems much more stable now. (Numbers 2 and 3 did not germinate)

Back
Top Bottom