Sativacat's Soil Tent Grow - Five-o & Alpujarrena - First Grow

I would wait until you have all the fungus gnats killed before switching to flower. I would wait until your plants are larger to flower them to maximize your harvest. How tall is your tent that you will flower in and how tall are your plants now?

I would wait until you have all the fungus gnats killed before switching to flower. I would wait until your plants are larger to flower them to maximize your harvest. How tall is your tent that you will flower in and how tall are your plants now?

I was under the impression that the gnats were a thing of the past. I havent seen any adults in about 2 weeks. In fact I waited until I thought they were gone before taking clones and starting the liitle hydro experiment. I am going to continue treating the soil surface until mid to late august.

Since you asked I pulled out the tape measure. I guess these girls were bigger in my own mind. I guess they do need more growth even though they just had their 100 day from germination birthday. The flower tent is 2.6' x 2.6' x 7' Plenty of room.

Looking at the photo above should I let the two larger plants grow a bit larger before going 12/12? What do you folks think?

are the 2 there (the bigger one) been vegging for 3months in ths pic?!

are the 2 there (the bigger one) been vegging for 3months in ths pic?!

ah i just saw that they are 100 days already.. man, they should be much bigger than what they are?! :morenutes:

ah i just saw that they are 100 days already.. man, they should be much bigger than what they are?! :morenutes:

You're right!
Had a serious gnat infestation. Almost lost the whole grow. This is my first time around the block. There are a bunch of things I could have done better. =)

The larger indica on the left doesnt like nutes at full strength. Keeps showing signs of burn. Lately I mix to full strength for the sativas and dilute 25% for the indica. She seems to be happier now even though Im still getting a yellow leaf here and there.

cool man,gnats as in flying things? are you in the jungle lol?

Just wanted to share a nice photo taken earlier tonight.

IMG_20140903_200113.jpg

hey sativa cat :) what one is the alpuharran?

Its plant #4, the one in the back of the new tent (photo above). I can only fit 2 plants in the 79cm x 79cm tent. The Alpujarrena is giving me a lot of trouble. She just doesnt like nutes at anywhere near the strength of her neighbor sativa. I'm getting tons of yellowing, unhappy leaves.

Too many clones!

I took 5 clones thinking I might not have a 100% success rate. Turns out they are all doing amazingly well and growing huge in their 3" rockwool cubes. Been running them in hydro. I'm floored by how quickly they are growing in the rockwool. Most of them are bigger than their *much* older cousins in the pots.

Ive had the usual first time grower problems like figuring out nutes, bugs, heat issues, noise control, etc..

Now Ive got a problem that I didn't expect to have. --- Too many plants! My flower tent is only 2 weeks into 12/12 so I wont have additional space for a while yet.

So, experienced growers, what would you do besides tell me that you wouldn't have painted yourselves into this corner? ;) Prune the hydro girls back? *GASP* Or eliminate some of them?

Veg tent as it is today. Two older plants on the left in pots (155 days old). These were heavily stunted by fungus gnats and have recently decided to recover and pick up. On the right are 5 clones from 2 plants that are currently in flower. These girls are growing like gangbusters.

Clone 5b, a pretty little sativa. (72 days since cutting) She has more growth than her sister to her left who is much, much older.

Now 33 days into flower. - Photo update and a few questions below.

First a couple photos of the alpujarrena indica, plant #4.

Trichombs on the indica.
I had *NO CLUE* how difficult it would be to take photos through the cheap pocket microscope and a cell camera.

** Does anyone have any suggestions to get better photos?
** Do these look cloudy or clear to you guys? I just picked up the microscope today and dont have any history to compare to. Remember, only 33 days into flower.
** Any guesses on when I should start feeding only water? (Im looking for more of a head high than couchlock)

Trichombs on the sativa five-o, plant #5

Next time I try to get photos I will turn the lights off first. =)

Back
Top Bottom