Sativacat's Soil Tent Grow - Five-o & Alpujarrena - First Grow

You can remove the very yellow leaves as they are not adding energy to the plant and when they wilt are a potential problem site for insects and mold.

Good call! I was removing fan leaves for a couple of days. I figured it would make harvest time go by a little faster. Regardless it seemed to go on forever just for one plant. I cant imagine trimming several of these a day.

My first 2 plants have been harvested, dried and have been in jars curing for nearly 3 weeks.

So what was the yield for my first harvest? 47.5g.

IMG_20141103_232948.jpg

Alpujarrena (indica) plant 4 weighed in at 24.6g

-------------

Five-o plant (sativa) plant 5 weighed in at 22.9g

This grow is far from over ... Of the 6 seeds I germinated on 4/12/14 two plants have just been switched to 12/12. These two plants were sitting in a small space in the corner of my veg tent competing for space with 5 clones. The tent was way overcroweded in the way only inexperience would allow.

I moved these two remaining plants (1 and 6) which were grown from seed to the flower tent and let them recover under the 700w Mars II on a 16/8 schedule for a few weeks. I would have liked to veg them longer and shape them a bit better but I am up against a mid January deadline for harvest. I will likely be out of town for 10 days. More on these guys in the coming weeks. They are misshapen and unsightly plants.

How about the clones in the veg tent? I upgraded their hydro setup with a real flood table and a large 27 gallon tank in the hopes they will survive for the 10 days I expect to be out of town in January. Here is what they look like now after some serious pruning to reduce their size. There are 5 clones. I didnt expect a 100% success when taking them but they all survived! Now I am overcrowded and overgrown. Who would have thought I would have too much pot?

Thant is good news that you will have a good supply of cannabis medicine. You may also find that your cannabis consumption increases as your body becomes accustomed to regular doses of cannabis when you have a steady supply of medicine.

Photo taken the next day. Immediately after trimming.
It hurt to cut off and throw away all that growth and its potential but it was just too much.
I am certain there will be much more trimming before all 5 girls all make it into flower.

The one that got trimmed less (large one on the right) is the next one going into flower. I am estimating that will be the first week in january.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom