Scientific data for edibles making

so i did 120c for 30 mins

weed looked golden brown when taken out. 0.5g of 18% weed.

it did get me high but not a lot....

whereas last time i did 0.3g of mid-grade hash at 145c for 8 mins and i was straight up on the moon

then i tried 0.2 hash for 40 mins at 120, didn't get very high.

the thing is, 145c should be way too much! i don't understand

what do you guys suggest i try next? i def think 0.5 of weed should've gotten me much higher off a edible, especially because my tolerance isn't very high at all
100c for 90 mins wrapped in double layer of tin foil.

Might have to use a bit more than points of a gram. Will seriously affect how quick it heats up if there’s only a tiny bit

Slow cooking in milk works really well too and might help with the problems you’re having.

Anything with a high fat content allows THC to bind to it easier, coconut oil works well too. I then just use that in milkshakes or baking or ice cream etc

100c for 90 mins wrapped in double layer of tin foil.

Might have to use a bit more than points of a gram. Will seriously affect how quick it heats up if there’s only a tiny bit

Slow cooking in milk works really well too and might help with the problems you’re having.

Anything with a high fat content allows THC to bind to it easier, coconut oil works well too. I then just use that in milkshakes or baking or ice cream etc
how do you cook it in milk?

That sounds like you went too far. Mine is a brownish green when it's done. I don't know why you didn't get high from it when you did from the second batch.
This is 120 for 30min, how does it look?

IMG_20221012_141322.jpg

IMG_20221012_141313.jpg

The temperature is accurate as far as the oven is concerned

how do you cook it in milk?
If you’ve got a slow cooker whack it in that. Add weed (I use 3-7 grams per pint (a quart and a half 🤷‍♂️ )

Low heat for 3 hours, keep stirring and then strain through a cheese cloth. Should be able to see the THC in the bottom when done 🤟

This is 120 for 30min, how does it look?

IMG_20221012_141322.jpg

IMG_20221012_141313.jpg

The temperature is accurate as far as the oven is concerned
Looks ok, would do another half hour and see how it looks. Like Mel said that dark green/gold mix is the one.

I think I’ve got a pic somewhere of different levels of colour and how it translates to edibles. Will find and post in a mo

1E2A01C9-A148-4457-A9AB-ECE1C7734A6E.jpeg

Couldn’t find the one I was after but that’s the darkness you wantù

hmmm, i recon i should go a lil longer? maybe 40 mins

planning to take this edible today, do you recommend i take it, and then do another test with the same amount but a longer baking time? or is the pic i posted defiantly under "cooked"

hmmm, i recon i should go a lil longer? maybe 40 mins

planning to take this edible today, do you recommend i take it, and then do another test with the same amount but a longer baking time? or is the pic i posted defiantly under "cooked"
Undercooked but definitely on the way to being a brilliant time 😂

Trust me, same temperature, just whack it back in the oven for half hour and watch the colour change 🙏🤟

1E2A01C9-A148-4457-A9AB-ECE1C7734A6E.jpeg

Couldn’t find the one I was after but that’s the darkness you want
ok so i did some testing.

just took the edible 0.5g 120c for 30 mins, been 1 hour 40 and still nothing. tomorrow i will try the 1h one

then, i baked another 0.5 but this time for one hours. here is the picture, looking better=? they look very similar to me.

photo_2022-10-13_00-34-50.jpg

ok so i did some testing.

just took the edible 0.5g 120c for 30 mins, been 1 hour 40 and still nothing. tomorrow i will try the 1h one

then, i baked another 0.5 but this time for one hours. here is the picture, looking better=? they look very similar to me.

photo_2022-10-13_00-34-50.jpg
Brilliant. I can see the difference with the extra half hour.

So adjust to suit your needs. Call it 120’c and go for 75 mins or go full throttle and do the 90.

I promise you it will not burn. Might look unsmokeable but we want to EAT it not smoke it.

The dark green/golden brown texture like sun 🌞 that’s what you’re after. Just a little while longer

Don’t know why but most bud stuff comes down to patience. Bloody annoying but is what it is 😂

Brilliant. I can see the difference with the extra half hour.

So adjust to suit your needs. Call it 120’c and go for 75 mins or go full throttle and do the 90.

I promise you it will not burn. Might look unsmokeable but we want to EAT it not smoke it.

The dark green/golden brown texture like sun 🌞 that’s what you’re after. Just a little while longer

Don’t know why but most bud stuff comes down to patience. Bloody annoying but is what it is 😂
alright sounds good, i will try 75 or 90 next. i also wanna compare it to 150c for 8 minutes as i did that a few days ago with 0.3 of hash and it got me FUCKED UP, like i wasn't even functioning i hadn't been that high in years.

alright sounds good, i will try 75 or 90 next. i also wanna compare it to 150c for 8 minutes as i did that a few days ago with 0.3 of hash and it got me FUCKED UP, like i wasn't even functioning i hadn't been that high in years.
Hash is different as it’s already gone through the Decarb process so it can be turned into hash. Times will be a lot quicker.

Learnt to make edibles using block hash. Go to method there was 150-180 for 10 mins or so so seems about right 😁🤟

And honestly. Think I’ve had the best edibles from hash over the years so again know where you’re coming from 👍

Hash is different as it’s already gone through the Decarb process so it can be turned into hash. Times will be a lot quicker.

Learnt to make edibles using block hash. Go to method there was 150-180 for 10 mins or so so seems about right 😁🤟
alright so it's been 2h 30 and the 30min 120 edible had no effect. mind you this is pretty good weed, 0.5 smoked would've got me very high. lets see what happens tomorrow at 60 min and then 90 :)

alright so it's been 2h 30 and the 30min 120 edible had no effect. mind you this is pretty good weed, 0.5 smoked would've got me very high. lets see what happens tomorrow at 60 min and then 90 :)
I’ve never tried using smaller increments like that, if you can use a bigger bit like 7grams/quarter ounce I think it would really help the process 🙏

sadly my stash is low so i don't really wanna risk wasting it
Completely understandable mate. Keep your stalks and anything you don’t put in a joint. I keep a jar just in case. Every 4 months or so there’s a nice few to make butter or milk. Every little helps 🤟🙏

Really enjoyed this thread thanks for making

Back
Top Bottom