Scientific data for edibles making

Hey Joe - Looks good!!! One thing I will mention, and I'm not sure about this, but I have heard that courser fragments of weed can irritate your gut. That is why I always grind the decarbed real fine, to dust, then sift out the sticks, stems, etc.
Just a word of caution, might be right, might not. :hmmmm:
Be sure and give us a "Smoke Report"!!! :goof:
Hey, cheers for the heads up.

I found it in the back of my kitchen cupboard. Been sitting there for 3 months. Was a lot of trim no real buds to it just the airy ones from the bottom.

Have had 3. Very very dry. Need to be dunked in tea or coffee. Think that’s just my baking skills 😂

Have got a slight buzz. Had to pop out to the shops and could feel it on the drive there and back.

I’m going to start putting some recipes up. Will post them here, it’s a nice little thread. Good vibes 🤟

:thanks:013! This is wonderful information. I decarb at 110°C, which is pretty close to the above for 110 minutes. However, I decarb it just once.

Soy lecithin is not needed in a decarb. Liquid lecithin is used when you combine your decarbed bud with a fat, e.g. olive oil, coconut oil, butter, etc. to make the THC and other cannabinoids more bioavailable. Liquid lecithin is recommended over granulated (powdered) lecithin due to studies that indicate it can cause heart damage.

Some people prefer using sunflower liquid lecithin over soy liquid lecithin due to soy being a GMO product.

Here are a few articles that cover this topic that may be helpful to you:

Granules vs Liquid Lecithin

Your Guide to Lecithin
so you do 110c for 110 minutes? isn't that a bit too long?

:thanks:013! This is wonderful information. I decarb at 110°C, which is pretty close to the above for 110 minutes. However, I decarb it just once.

Soy lecithin is not needed in a decarb. Liquid lecithin is used when you combine your decarbed bud with a fat, e.g. olive oil, coconut oil, butter, etc. to make the THC and other cannabinoids more bioavailable. Liquid lecithin is recommended over granulated (powdered) lecithin due to studies that indicate it can cause heart damage.

Some people prefer using sunflower liquid lecithin over soy liquid lecithin due to soy being a GMO product.

Here are a few articles that cover this topic that may be helpful to you:

Granules vs Liquid Lecithin

Your Guide to Lecithin
damn it i don't think they sell liquid lecithin here :(

i don't think they sell liquid lecithin here
Depends on where here is.

If you are near a large metropolitan area in the US you should be able to find liquid Lecithin in most of the stores that specialize in natural or organic foods and supplements. If none of those nearby then try a larger high end produce and specialty food store with a large organics food section.

If you are near a large metropolitan area in the US you should be able to find liquid Lecithin in most of the stores that specialize in natural or organic foods and supplements. If none of those nearby then try a larger high end produce and specialty food store with a large organics food section.
I got mine on Amazon. In the uk but pretty sure can get it

I popped in to a large health food store yesterday, in Canada, and they only carry Lecithin in capsule form. Could order it online, just mentioning in store experience at this one shop.
I noticed Xantham gum mentioned and is on the shelf. Would that do as a substitute?

Why didn't it get me high people, WHHYYYYYYYYYYY
Maybe trying too hard?:)

Just did a basic google search on 'amount of dry marijuana to use for edibles' and another using 'amount of dry marijuana to use for butter'. Example of what I found were recommendations to use 1/4 to 1/2 ounce per stick of butter. Then the butter is used as part of the fat input into food recipes.

I have seen recipes for complete meals with each item from the salad to main course to desert being an edible. Many ways to go from a cookie or brownie to a whole meal.

Do you have any relatives or friends that are into edibles? Maybe plan a small get-together with them and they can show every step of what they do.

Maybe trying too hard?:)

Just did a basic google search on 'amount of dry marijuana to use for edibles' and another using 'amount of dry marijuana to use for butter'. Example of what I found were recommendations to use 1/4 to 1/2 ounce per stick of butter. Then the butter is used as part of the fat input into food recipes.

I have seen recipes for complete meals with each item from the salad to main course to desert being an edible. Many ways to go from a cookie or brownie to a whole meal.

Do you have any relatives or friends that are into edibles? Maybe plan a small get-together with them and they can show every step of what they do.
I’ll post some how to’s later on today. I took some step by pics of edibles I made. I’ve got some of weed being decarbed on old phone will have to dig it out and have a look

what do you guys suggest i try next? i def think 0.5 of weed should've gotten me much higher off a edible, especially because my tolerance isn't very high at all
I make a lot of edibles. Trial and error, I now do 45 minutes at 250 F, in the oven, in a mason jar. Then, I use a Moka pot (makes espresso on the stove) and extract using 1/4 stick of butter. That takes less than 5 minutes. Then I use that butter to make brownies.

Last batch, I used 9 grams to make a pan of 16 brownies. Half a brownie was a really hefty dose, so that's 32 doses from 9 grams, or 0.28 grams per dose. If I ate a whole brownie all at once (about half a gram) I wouldn't be able to move. Normally, I eat quarters every 3 hours.

I used to just do up single doses using the microwave and peanut butter, but it definitely does not work as well as baking up brownies, which is more heating in the actual fat, plus the Moka pot extraction works like a charm.

I made my first ever batch yesterday.
2 baking sheets of larfy flower. 110 for 110.
Put 20g in cheese cloth and tied it up.
Sat the flat pouch in 1 cup of coconut oil in a heavy glass mixing bowl and simmered on a pot of boiling water on the stove for 3 hours stirring occasionally, topping up water every 30mins or so.
Thermometer said it was steady at 170F. I’m not sure if that was hot enough but there was no burning.
Squeezed out that beautiful green goo in to a 500ml mason jar and put in the fridge to harden up.
Tried 1/4 tsp about 6pm, by 8pm I said this isn’t too bad and had another 1/4 tsp. I ended up going for a nice ride and this morning I’m still feeling it.
Not very scientific but I’m pleased for a first go. It’s delicious just the way it is 😁

Been doing this 24 years and been a chef for 24 years. I've tried a lot of different methods. Like tons. I've found the best for my edibles and dishes to be 110 min at 110 deg Celsius to be by far most efficient. I run 100g to 1lt min, so if you use less then drop the time rather than the temp.
Also make sure you preheat your oven before starting anything. That's the best way with a home convection oven that's fairly accurate temp wise.
If you have a dry herb vape that has adjustable Temps then decarb for a min or two in that, record the temp and time , eat that however you want and then increase then temp and repeat. Dry herb vapes give one a very good idea of what's going on at different Temps.
Just my experiences from doing this exact thing a loooot.
Cheers

I think that sometimes it is how and when that makes a difference. A couple of times I have been straining my concoction right at lunch so a little bit ended up in my chili and WOW!! It seemed that it was less than my 00 capsules but made for a very pleasant afternoon!!! :ciao:
If I could figure out a way to get the cococanna oil with the dust still in it into my capsules I would sure waste less and it would be stronger - gotta work on that - I might make a capsule holder that is completely flush with the top of the capsule then I could squeegy it in.:hmmmm:

Try grinding it coarse before the decarb, decarb how you like, use whatever recipe to infuse (I infuse 12 hours at about 60 - 80c depending on what I am using for).
Allow to cool a little and then puree it until fine.
Allow to cool but keep mixing it to keep all the ground decarbed bud evenly mixed.
Get some big syringes and use those to fill your caps with all that goodness. No reason to be filtering out anything for caps. Won't taste it. Definitely won't be wasting anything.
Just an idea. Sure you can tailor that to suite your methods.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom