Scientific data for edibles making

can someone who uses the oven method weigh in?
Here is what I do...if you don't like it - don't use it....
Toaster convection oven, three mason jars fit on their side, small hole punched in the lid...
I crumble the buds to about popcorn size.
fill about 1/3 full at about 225 for about an hour - it takes a bit of time for the inside of the jar to heat up.
I shake the jars about every 20 minutes.
Once that is done I mortar and pestle the weed into dust and sieve out the sticks, etc. then
I heat up my coconut oil til liquid then add the dust til it will hardly absorb anymore in a small mason jar then it goes into my "Transmogrifier" Parabolic Solar accumulater - you can use the toaster oven - and heat it at about 165 - 170 for many hours because it's free.
The small jar sits in a tomato can full of water as it is heated. You may not need the can of water in the oven.
I add lecithin to the oil to aid absorbtion.
1665624761395.png

Here is what I do...if you don't like it - don't use it....
Toaster convection oven, three mason jars fit on their side, small hole punched in the lid...
fill about 1/3 full at about 225 for about an hour - it takes a bit of time for the inside of the jar to heat up.
I crumble the buds to about popcorn size.
Once that is done I mortar and pestle the weed into dust and sieve out the sticks, etc. then
I heat up my coconut oil til liquid then add the dust til it will hardly absorb anymore in a small mason jar then it goes into my "Transmogrifier" Parabolic Solar accumulater - you can use the toaster oven - and heat it at about 165 - 170 for many hours because it's free.
The small jar sits in a tomato can full of water as it is heated.
I add lecithin to the oil to aid absorbtion.
1665624761395.png
Love it. One for the future for the OP maybe 😂🤟 baby steps is what it’s all about for the mo

Make sure to use Soy Letchin :)
I like the lecithin (think I called it lethicin yesterday in another post. Think your way is right 😂🙏)

It stretches it out and really helps it to bind. Can’t go wrong.

I have never heard of soy version unless there is only soy and it’s what everyone gets. Is there another type?

Lecithin - Oops!!! :rofl: Fat fingers, thin brain!!!!:hmmmm: Everyone says get the sunflower version I think - they say the soy is all modified etc. I know sunflower lecithin is hard to find and expensive and the soy is everywhere and cheap!!!! Hell, somethings gotta kill me!!! So I used Soy.

I like the lecithin (think I called it lethicin yesterday in another post. Think your way is right 😂🙏)

I have never heard of soy version unless there is only soy and it’s what everyone gets. Is there another type?
can you just eat Lecithin straight before and after taking the edible to enhance the effects? or does it have to be mixed in with the edible

what about 250f for 30 min, is that acceptable/optimal as some claim?
also, is that fan assisted oven or not? because it makes a big difference,
It will be up to you to come up with a time and a temperature that work for you.

As someone mentioned using 1/10s of a gram to experiment might be what is making it hard to come up with a time/temp that produces something you find will work for your edibles. Back in the day many of our group that experimented with edibles would be using 1/4 to 1/2 ounce each time they made something. Occasionally an entire ounce if they were going to invite a lot of people over and use them as 'guinea pigs' for a new brownie recipe.

But, better quality now a days to the 1/4 to 1/2 might be more than enough for a test.

I understand the situation where your stash is running low it is what it is. ;)

alright, back with more pictures

the one inside the foil is the 90min 120c one, the one inside the black grinder is the 60min one

photo_2022-10-13_16-02-51.jpg

It will be up to you to come up with a time and a temperature that work for you.

As someone mentioned using 1/10s of a gram to experiment might be what is making it hard to come up with a time/temp that produces something you find will work for your edibles. Back in the day many of our group that experimented with edibles would be using 1/4 to 1/2 ounce each time they made something. Occasionally an entire ounce if they were going to invite a lot of people over and use them as 'guinea pigs' for a new brownie recipe.

But, better quality now a days to the 1/4 to 1/2 might be more than enough for a test.

I understand the situation where your stash is running low it is what it is. ;)
i just hope the 60/90 min one will get me high, otherwise, i'm literally done with edibles...

30 min at 120 didn't get me high.

actually the absolute last test i'm gonna do if the 60/90 min ones won't get me high is the 150c at 8min which seems to be the temp i had most sucess with

I do not do edibles but this might be an important question. What is the edible you are using? Or are you just doing the decarb stage and then mixing that into anything handy?
right now i'm keeping it all the same for testing purposes, just a piece of bread with 20 grams of peanut butter (weed mixed with the butter) + 200 ml of full fat milk while eating it

as in cooked with it? can i just mix decarb weed with it and penaut butter and still enjoy the benefits of using it?
Yes once it’s decarbed. I sprinkle mine into my morning porridge.

I meant the lethicin, that needs to be mixed with the weed prior to decarbing as it’s the carrier that grabs the THC from the plant material 🤟

Yes once it’s decarbed. I sprinkle mine into my morning porridge.

I meant the lethicin, that needs to be mixed with the weed prior to decarbing as it’s the carrier that grabs the THC from the plant material 🤟
oh wow okay, so how do you go about it? just sprinkle it on the ground weed?

oh wow okay, so how do you go about it? just sprinkle it on the ground weed?
No it has a consistency like really tough treacle. Need to heat it up to get it running and then slow boil the weed up in it for a couple of hours.

Strain it off through a cheesecloth. The resulting liquid will set and is now your edible base mix to use in anything

GW Pharmaceuticals was issued a patent for decarb process. Here’s what their white lab coats came up with . Data source is SensiSeeds website

A patent owned by the UK company GW Pharmaceuticals defines the ideal conditions for decarboxylation: It involves low temperatures and a relatively long period of heating. This process ensures that 95% of the cannabinoid acids are converted into their phenol form without many decomposition products being created. Another benefit: The aromatic terpenes remain intact. Terpenes are responsible for the aroma, taste and they also influence the effect of cannabis.

According to the patent, decarboxylation in a lab setting should be carried out in two steps:

1. First heat the cannabis briefly, to make any remaining moisture evaporate.
  2. Then heat the plant material twice more for longer periods.
The best results involve 15 minutes at a temperature of 105°C and then 60 to 120 minutes at the same temperature.

If you are using a marijuana variety which has a very high CBD content, (defined as >90% CBD as a percentage of the total cannabinoid content), then the second phase needs to be 30 minutes at 140°C.

:thanks:013! This is wonderful information. I decarb at 110°C, which is pretty close to the above for 110 minutes. However, I decarb it just once.

Make sure to use Soy Letchin :)

Soy lecithin is not needed in a decarb. Liquid lecithin is used when you combine your decarbed bud with a fat, e.g. olive oil, coconut oil, butter, etc. to make the THC and other cannabinoids more bioavailable. Liquid lecithin is recommended over granulated (powdered) lecithin due to studies that indicate it can cause heart damage.

Some people prefer using sunflower liquid lecithin over soy liquid lecithin due to soy being a GMO product.

Here are a few articles that cover this topic that may be helpful to you:

Granules vs Liquid Lecithin

Your Guide to Lecithin

Hey Joe - Looks good!!! One thing I will mention, and I'm not sure about this, but I have heard that courser fragments of weed can irritate your gut. That is why I always grind the decarbed real fine, to dust, then sift out the sticks, stems, etc.
Just a word of caution, might be right, might not. :hmmmm:
Be sure and give us a "Smoke Report"!!! :goof:

Back
Top Bottom