Scrubbys Rare Darkness - Rare Dankness #1 x Grape Ape

I hope it's a girl, too. That said, just because a you found a Ghost Train seed, doesn't mean you'll get the Ghost Train you're looking for. There are two likely scenarios: one is that the Ghost Train hermied and pollinated itself which raises the probability that the offspring will be hermies, so be careful even if it appears to be female. The second scenario is that another strain in the room hermied or was a male and cross-pollinated the Ghost Train, which could lead to some very interesting results (assuming the other parent was a dank strain as well). Either way, the probability of the seed turning out to be a hermie is greater than if you bought a seed directly from a breeder.

All of that aside, growing bagseed is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. In fact, Chemdawg and its' sister strains were all bagseed found in some dank bud bought at a Dead show in Deer Creek, Colorado. I recommend taking clones just in case it turns out to be the next great strain, so you can propagate the genetics.

Happy growing! :Namaste:

Hey scrubby, I'm so impressed with this strain that if my GTH seed doesn't pop I'll simply drive 45 mins to Green Man Cannabis and pick up some legit GTH seeds. :)

Hey scrubby, I'm so impressed with this strain that if my GTH seed doesn't pop I'll simply drive 45 mins to Green Man Cannabis and pick up some legit GTH seeds. :)

Yeah, I dont have GTH bro. I made a big order before they came out and they sold out so damn quick! I have Rare Darkness and Tangerine Kush by RD. Havent grown any of the TK...Yet :)

Hi scrubby I would love to sub to ur journal. The garden is legit and those plants are some healthy lil ladies with great structure. If you don't mind I have a few questions for ya. First do you prefer your led over hid lights and what wattage hid would you say your mars 2 900 replaces. I wanna give led a shot cuz there's so many mixed reviews and the owner of my local grow shop told me not to get one that they aren't worth it but he's set in his ways and has been growing the same way for like 20 yrs. So the only way imma know is to get one and try it for myself but before I spend a fortune on a top of the line led light I wanna try out a decent but lower priced one. So far mars 2 seems to be the light it's fairly low priced but not a cheap knock off junk light. That way I can get a good enough idea of how I feel about led and make the decision if they are worth switching over too. Then I can be okay with spending all that doe on top notch LEDs. By the looks of it yours is working great and doing a good job on those plants of yours

Absolutely! My first grow was under HID. Still have the whole rig! Lol. Then I bought the mars ll 900 and did 3 more grows with it, all turned out beautiful!!! I also use a Platinum P450 and 2 90w g8 ufos. If youve seen the pics in this journal you know they do well :)

20150714_102904.jpg
20150714_102851.jpg
20150714_102818.jpg
20150714_102806.jpg
20150714_102748.jpg
20150714_102740.jpg
20150714_102732.jpg

Few pics in no particular order. Thats High Brix :)

Good lord.....3 amber triches? We'll get that straightened out next grow. I haven't seen an amber triche in a long, long time....except for the usual 3 or 4 per 10,000.....like what you saw. :thumb:

You do realize that HB growers are a weird bunch....everyone else expects amber. I'm worried if I see it, no matter how many weeks it's been growing.

Just wondering about this comment. Is this a personal preference of harvesting before you have to many amber or does growing with the kit cause the plant to not produce many amber triches?

Just wondering about this comment. Is this a personal preference of harvesting before you have to many amber or does growing with the kit cause the plant to not produce many amber triches?

Yup, when done right, produce from our soil will not get many amber trichomes bro. I noticed about 4 when I harvested my last 2 plants (bubba kush and strawberry cough). I'm going for none on these rare darkness and the one tga jack skellington in the flower tent :)

Is there a certain thing that you look for when its time to harvest? With my first grow (not in kit soil) I just waited till a seen a couple amber, flushed for 10 days or so then cut it down. Any advice on knowing when your in the harvest window? Website says 50-55 days. I guess that's a good place to start. :Rasta:

Once I notice the plant isnt doing anything for about a week Ill kill it :) And there's the matter of lighting schedules too. I use GLR and when I flip I use 11/13 instead of 12/12 so apparently that kinda speeds up the process. But, im wanting to try 16/8 for veg instead of GLR once I have more room. Right now im vegging in a small cabinet so im kinda limited on what size I can let them get. :)

Thanks Scrubby, Thats what I figured. Pay attention to the plant and it will let you know. I figure 2-3 weeks. Just need those flowers to keep swelling and pack on some weight. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom