Seeds

Who got seeds this year, even though you had no males or hermi plants?
Last year purposely pollinated my plant to get seeds
This year Had 4 plants at diff locations & all of them had some seeds in them.
Not that it's a bad thing, all were autos so I will have a big supply for years to come
I believe that it will be next to impossible to grow outdoors in the city without getting some seeds in your weed.
With legalization I sure there are more & more people dropping seeds in the ground outdoors.

Not that it's a bad thing, all were autos so I will have a big supply for years to come

They might not be autoflower seeds, though.

Autoflower x Autoflower = Autoflower
Autoflower x Photoperiodic = Photoperiodic

It's a recessive gene, so the child would have to get it from both parents. See:

You will always get a few natural seeds inside or Out, but it only takes one male that someone didn't pull early outside to seed and or ruin neighboring crops. Most people here in CA run feminized seeds like I do, or Clones that have been growing indoors for a month or so. I'm not sure if clones have natural seeds, I have a GDP clone I'm working with so we shall see.

Nobody told me that(hilarious you assumed so)... it's in my experience. I just pulled a seed from my Master Kush indoor plant feminized seed that was grown purely under QB lights. I get 1-3 seeds in a whole plant and it's fairly common. I've never experienced hermie plants with feminized seeds, but a couple seeds in an entire plant is never a concern. I can take a picture of the Master Kush, it's PINEY fire Man so... it's not seeded hermie weed BRO.

I guess it's possible a single flower could happen it's definitely not impossible. I am hard on my plants and push them could be a stress factor causing a seed here and there makes sense. Every bud of mine is hand held and cared for so I'll catch them every so often. I do well in a 2x4 so it's NO concern.

Nobody told me that(hilarious you assumed so).

I've been hit with "they say" by three different people, and it's not even 17:00 yet. Apologies.

I get 1-3 seeds in a whole plant and it's fairly common.

It happens, now and then. Plant might produce a staminate flower (or a few of them), especially if you allow your buds to reach peak potency - and even more likelihood if you let the plant continue past that point. Or another plant in the grow space does. Or random pollen ends up on you or your clothing and you tend to the garden while it's still viable.

But it's not an "always" thing. That's what I meant.

I've been hit with "they say" by three different people, and it's not even 17:00 yet. Apologies.

It happens, now and then. Plant might produce a staminate flower (or a few of them), especially if you allow your buds to reach peak potency - and even more likelihood if you let the plant continue past that point. Or another plant in the grow space does. Or random pollen ends up on you or your clothing and you tend to the garden while it's still viable.

But it's not an "always" thing. That's what I meant.

No you are absolutely correct, it's inconsistent and I did have that Master K under intense light since it was a middle plant of three and the 4 QB132's converge HARD in the middle(no gaps in between boards). I need to spread the boards away from the middle of the frame, anyway I didn't mean to sound like it's every plant, saying natural seeds since more than likely it DID self pollinate so MY apologies as well. I will always speak from experience, I'm not one for regurgitating other peoples words. I do take my plants to peak potency, light levels, and nutrients so it is what it is... grow this plant long enough you will experience all kinds of variables. Keep em' Green. :volcano-smiley:

@Brewsterman I am with you. I am experiencing more seeds this year than last. 3rd or 4th year here at this locale. This year has only seen a few buds cured and chopped. Even so, those few produced more than i planned on seeing. Our Harley Tsu grows without seeds. I found 3 in a couple buds. Not bad, but something got the yard. I could just be paranoid. I do believe there are a lot more growers this year, than people who know what a male flower looks like.

Last year I had tons and tons of seeds in a couple of my plants. Probably have 100+ seed of both Fruity Pebbles and Black Sugar crosses with some Unknown strain. Wasn’t gonna grow one of them this year (no idea if they would be male or female) still a seed fell during last years harvest and sprouted on its own when the warmer weather returned. Now I might be giving that Fruity Pebbles X Unknown cross the chop this weekend. I did find a seed in her when looking a few weeks ago, but everyone else has been looking good.

3FDA5050-82A2-49E3-929F-0A0BFB16659D.jpeg

If you have to have a volunteer, it'd be nice to have one that... looks like that :D. Does it look like it'll be ready, or is this something determined by your weather?

If you have to have a volunteer, it'd be nice to have one that... looks like that :D. Does it look like it'll be ready, or is this something determined by your weather?

actually looks like it will be ready on its own. Dealing with a ton of wind right now and she is still standing tall. Plus I look over the weekend with my digital scope (picture below) and look like it only needed a few more days to be ready. Today I’m finding bugs getting stuck to my trichomes and she‘s looking real frosty

14A4B55C-4A6B-4F20-8FE9-A2BC7D2C5743.jpeg

A timer that has a battery backup is a good idea. I've got a cheap Chinese digital model from Walmart. It either has a non-replaceable battery or some kind of capacitor in it that stores a bit of juice, because it's kept time and settings through various outages (including one extended one). Its clock has become about ten minutes slow over the past two years or so, but that's no big deal. There's even an article somewhere on the web showing how to easily open it up and cut a solder trace on the circuit board, in order to enable the "seconds" function. In other words, so you can program it to run for n seconds instead of having a one-minute minimum. And also how to cut the one beside it, which will switch the timer from military/world time to standard US am/pm display, if it wasn't done before purchase.

I figured it would last a few months, lol, but needed one for a percolator and that's what I ended up with. Turned out to be more durable than I had expected.

Back
Top Bottom