Seraphim's Tangilope - Coco Smart-Hempy - LED Grow 2014

Re: Seraphim’s Tangilope - Coco Smart-Hempy - LED Grow 2014

Subscribed without a doubt. I am running hempy, and very interested to see how a smart hempy works out. Lots of great information. The plant also looks very healthy, so it seems to be working great!

Thanks DarkGreenGoo!

So far smart hempy is working great!

Tangilope has entered that stretch period of early flowering. The main shoots are mostly even and out to the sides leaving the center of the plant open and slightly lower in the middle. This is ideal so that when the lamp goes on top of her, the most intense light will go down the middle onto those lower buds and build them while the main shoots are higher but on the outer edge of the core coverage area. The result should be an evenly developed canopy towards harvest time.

The smart hempy is working exactly as designed. Water fills the reservoir and spills out the sides when the reservoir is full. Just like the original hempy, but in a smart pot. And she's loving life in there.

Here are some pictures of her..

IMG_258713.JPG

IMG_258913.JPG

IMG_259013.JPG

IMG_26048.JPG

IMG_260311.JPG

And here she is with her friends.

IMG_261013.JPG

Thank you DarkGreenGoo! I can't wait to see what the little 3 gal smart-hempy can do compared to the 3.5 gal standard ones I have going.

Thank you as well Dr. Catman! I have been taking it a little easier with the feed on this one. Learned my lesson from last go-around. Her green is healthier looking and no curls or burns on the tips. Just soft, lush and happy greenery.

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm subbed. I'm definitely interested in seeing how your smart hempy is going to work out.

Your tent is awesome! Great lookin plants and those buds are fat. Great job man. Subbed and in for the long haul. +reps!

Thank you very much Sphnx!! I do what I can to stay out of nature's way.

And she's just climbing away!! Reaching for the LED sky!

IMG_26808.JPG

Tangilope is in a sort of ‘less-than-comfortable’ situation right now as she has to share the 2X4 bloom tent with two large mature plants. Of course, the plants in late bloom hog the light all to themselves and Tangilope is left with the leftovers in terms of light. This is only the case for a very short time as those two will be harvested soon and once that takes place, Tangilope will have all the light to herself and all will be wonderful from there on in her world because she will never have to share that bloom space with another plant. (Next plant goes in at the time Tangilope is harvested.)

It will be at most another week of being somewhat crowded before the blue widow/bubba-cheese harvest opens up some room in the bloom tent for lady Tangilope.

She's going to be stoked to get that whole light. I've been wanting to try tangilope for some time now. I might order up some seeds soon :)

Thank you Ravyn!

Thanks Buster and SmokeSara!

Today is part of the long dark night before harvest for Blue Widow. Which means the blooming tent remains closed all through the day and into the night tonight. I don't know why this surprises me but I miss being able to see my girls.

Tangilope is in there too going through a long night even though she is just starting her third week of flowering. In the past I have read that 36 hour long nights at the start or during flowering can accelerate the flowering process. We'll see what happens when the lights come back on tomorrow morning.

Incidentally, that is also when Tangilope will finally have a much more comfortable arrangement for herself. Still not alone in the tent (Bubba-Cheese is still there) but Blue Widow is coming down tomorrow morning which will free up half the tent and one Mars-II 400W for Tangilope/s sole use.

Today is part of the long dark night before harvest for Blue Widow. Which means the blooming tent remains closed all through the day and into the night tonight. I don't know why this surprises me but I miss being able to see my girls.

Tangilope is in there too going through a long night even though she is just starting her third week of flowering. In the past I have read that 36 hour long nights at the start or during flowering can accelerate the flowering process. We'll see what happens when the lights come back on tomorrow morning.

Incidentally, that is also when Tangilope will finally have a much more comfortable arrangement for herself. Still not alone in the tent (Bubba-Cheese is still there) but Blue Widow is coming down tomorrow morning which will free up half the tent and one Mars-II 400W for Tangilope/s sole use.

Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom