ShedGrow Gelato Indoor Soil

Sorry to go MIA. Never got on here at all yesterday.

The pic you posted of the bud broken open has a white area that I can't tell if it's the background showing through or mold:
20200804_222434.jpg

If the buds are dry on the outside and normal on the inside then it could be the lights, though that normally would only affect the tops rather than all the way down the colas.

In terms of bud washing, I try to cut out as much rot when I chop the plant down and then wash with 50/50 3% H2O2 and water. Then I wet trim and take out any additional rot I find. When I'm done, I spray the cut areas with straight 3% H2O2 and dry them as normal.

Here are some pics of my bud rot in the past: here, here, and here.

Here is what fusarium looks like when it starts. And at the end.

Sorry to go MIA. Never got on here at all yesterday.

The pic you posted of the bud broken open has a white area that I can't tell if it's the background showing through or mold:
20200804_222434.jpg

If the buds are dry on the outside and normal on the inside then it could be the lights, though that normally would only affect the tops rather than all the way down the colas.

In terms of bud washing, I try to cut out as much rot when I chop the plant down and then wash with 50/50 3% H2O2 and water. Then I wet trim and take out any additional rot I find. When I'm done, I spray the cut areas with straight 3% H2O2 and dry them as normal.

Here are some pics of my bud rot in the past: here, here, and here.

Here is what fusarium looks like when it starts. And at the end.
H202 is the iso spray i was using?

I usually wet trim (to check for mold and caterpilars) and I trim pretty tight, but that's just me. Some folks leaves all the sugars on during drying to slow the process down (good if you live in a low RH environment).

After the wash I hang them in the shade with a 2' box fan blowing right on them for 3-4 hours, then I trim and hang them to dry, for as close to a week as my ambient RH will allow.

I usually wet trim (to check for mold and caterpilars) and I trim pretty tight, but that's just me. Some folks leaves all the sugars on during drying to slow the process down (good if you live in a low RH environment).

After the wash I hang them in the shade with a 2' box fan blowing right on them for 3-4 hours, then I trim and hang them to dry, for as close to a week as my ambient RH will allow.
Thanks for the info. So after your dry and cure there is no more trimming? Just smoke time?

Thanks for the info. So after your dry and cure there is no more trimming? Just smoke time?
I trim before I hang to dry, so that's the last time they see a scissors other than cutting them off the branches for the burping.
Oh..and with trimming up front do you still go for 55% humidity?
If you have complete control over your RH, that's a good level for the first 24-48 hours. Then move it up toward 62% to slow down the drying. Lower at first dries the dangerous moisture out that could cause mold, but then you can slow down the drying to give the chlorophyll plenty of time to dissipate.

I trim before I hang to dry, so that's the last time they see a scissors other than cutting them off the branches for the burping.

If you have complete control over your RH, that's a good level for the first 24-48 hours. Then move it up toward 62% to slow down the drying. Lower at first dries the dangerous moisture out that could cause mold, but then you can slow down the drying to give the chlorophyll plenty of time to dissipate.
Great advice. I have my temp controller set for a range of 18-21C (SP 19.5C) and humidity is set to 52.5-57.5 (SP 55%). Ill bump the humidity numbers up after a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom