Green Gelato From Seed: Thin Mint Cookies x Sunset Sherbet

8more days till 8 weeks so I think they are going to be longer in filling out. Needing support now to hold up the buds....

Great lookin' bud Chungo! :theband:

I have added my journal from last month to the present for reference of this grow.

July 21st. Watered all four plants with one gallon each with 60 ml. 2-5-1 Kelp/fish fertilizer/2 gal. Looking back in this journal it appears that I just fertilized them a couple of days ago ----OOOOPS! Probably don’t need any added fertilizer for the rest of the grow other than Molasses and Mg/Ca spray up until the last 2 weeks. These plants should be ready to harvest between the 15-30 of August and plan to cut off all fertilizer and just water for the last 2 weeks. So I plan from about 7th of Aug on to only use water with no additives till finish. As a note these plants don’t smell as strong as the past grow and have a hint of sweetness to their odor……..

July 22nd. Watered plants 1 gallon at 6.7 PH/plant and given foliar spray with 2 ml Ca/Mg in 1 lt. water. Main buds of plants are not growing taller at this point lights set to 18 in.

July 25th. Week 7 since the 12/12 flip buds fattening up. G. Gelato is supposed to be finished and ready to harvest in 8-10 weeks of flower so we should be finished by the earliest Aug 14th.

July 26th. Rotated plants today and secured some of the buds to the top hoops. Given water 1 gallon to the 2 smaller plants and 2 gallons to the bigger plants as they appeared dryer Rock Phosphate 0-15-1 ½ table spoon/plant worked into the soil.

July 27th. Plants looking good. The heat is hard to control as it is getting up to 30-35 C outside and heating up the shed quite a bit, add in the lights and the temp in the grow box touches 30-35 C at times. 3 weeks left of the flower and the buds are fatting up and being wired to the side of the peony hoops.
July 28th. Plants given a gallon of water each as they are using it up fast probably do to the excessive heat.

July 29th. Heat has a been a issue with all the lights on especially the Floresant lights so I turned them off and the temp did drop to a acceptable level in the grow box. So at this point I only have the 2 LED lights on. Will consider a second exhaust fan again. We are going on to the 6 week of flower now and the spec’s say they will be done between the 8th and 10th week so we are on schedule for at the earliest Aug 14th to the 28th. The buds are not as fat as the last grow of Green Crack but we still have another 2 weeks or more.

July 31st. buds are fatting up and needing support by wiring to the side of the hoops. Some leaves have a tip hook appearance for the last 3days and I am thinking it was the excessive heat or Fertilizer or both which is under control now. This am they did not look any worse. However the problem could also be over fertilizing the plants from the 10th to 19th with Ca/Mg, Molasses, Fish/Kelp 2-5-1, and rock phosphate. Keeping my fingers crossed that this issue is over, and my desire to help these buds get bigger is also done. I will take what the Ladies give me now any ways and I will use PH’d water only till finished. Watered one gallon/plant.

August 4th. Have been tying up buds and colas with wire to hoops for support as some are too heavy to be supported by their own stems alone. Switched #1 and #2 plants position in the grow box as the plants seem to do better in the back of the box as far as fattening the buds up. No yellowing of leaves yet and still have some clawing of leaves on #3 plant. Watered with one gallon water/plant. Not as hot outside so the temperature is better maintained in the grow box.
August 8th. Watered plants with 1 gallon each. 6 days to 8 weeks of flower and Tricombs still look clear and pistils turning yellow/orange on all plants but the largest plant is still has predominantly white pistils. One cola got bent some how to 90 degrees yesterday and left in that position but does not look worse for wear. Raised lights to about 20 in.

August 8th. Watered plants with 1 gallon each. 6 days to 8 weeks of flower and Tricombs still look clear and pistils turning yellow/orange on all plants but the largest plant is still has predominantly white pistils. One cola got bent some how to 90 degrees yesterday and left in that position but does not look worse for wear. Raised lights to about 20 in.

Some pics of the last week to give a visual of the the plants again I apologize for the quality of the pics as they are to heavy now to take outside the grow box for pics. No yellowing of leaves yet at this point and still have some leaves that are curling down and suspect it is N abundance. The tricombs are still clear pistils are turning amber on 3 of the 4 plants with the largest plant with still mostly white coloration to the pistils. # 2 plant seems to be ahead of the other 3 in maturing by a few days which will help with the labor of harvesting the 4 plants.

Attachments

• DSC_5822 (2).JPG
    DSC_5822 (2).JPG
    390.8 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC_5817.JPG
    DSC_5817.JPG
    634.8 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC_5819 (2).JPG
    DSC_5819 (2).JPG
    631.4 KB · Views: 43

These are about a week+ to be ready I am guessing the biggest girl is just starting to change the pistils to orange now so I am thinking a couple weeks for her. The plant on the right is only days away as there is Amber tricones showing up.
IMG_20190815_112921.jpg

This one is the one close to getting chopped soon.....

Damn brother, those nugs are looking top quality in there! :bravo: Frosty AF and they're looking rock hard. Well done.

August 13th. Watered plants with 1 gallon ea. Plant #2 has a small amount of amber Tricombs and she looks like she is about a week ahead of the other plants.

August 17th. Cut down #2 plant as there was amber Tricombs on it and on #4 (which was the shortest Indica like plant) which will be the next plant to get the chop. The #1 and #3 have no amber Tricombs present just yet. Cut off most of the fan leaves and will cut off the sugar leaves after a week of drying. Only had 7 stems as one broke off very early in its growth.

They look great, so you let them run till 8 weeks?
The plants are 8 weeks and 3 days today. The biggest/heaviest plant will need the most time as it is still sending out white pistils as of yesterday with only a few yellow/orange pistils on the buds.........the biggest plant will take 9-10 weeks I am estimating....

So some thoughts on Fan leaves.
I have been wondering what to do with fan leaves for a while as I have a large amount of fan leaves from this and the last grow which I deCarbed and froze. In the past I have been told to use them as compost as they are not worth the effort. I thought on the lines of a business man(which I am not) to maximize the cannabis use from all the grow including the Fan leaves. In the past I using the fan leaves to make various sweet edibles with mixed results but decided to take the route of Green Dragon ETOH. I put 10 gm of deCarbed ground up Fan leaves in a mason jar and covered it with the contents of a bottle of Everclear and let it sit for a week. I then Filtered it off yesterday through a fine mesh coffee filter 3 times. When I saw the result I realized why they call it Green Dragon. I was a little skeptical at first so last night I mixed up 1/2 a shot glass of the green dragon with ice tea and lemonade and 2 hours later got a good buzzz and slept like I haven't in a long time. The Everclear is virtually 100% ETOH and drew the deCarbed THC out of the fan leaves and I now have a drink from the often wasted Fan leaves. This drink is usually made from flower but I just increase the quantity of fan leaves and you have a acceptable private drink. I am thinking this drink maybe good next time as a mock Cesar as it has a background taste though not over powering but present. When people make shatter they boil off the ETOH which again is a wast of ETOH, dangerous and to complicated. ........I would rather use the fan leaves than feed the worms.

I use parts of my fan leaves that carry trichomes but I've been told you can use them for juicing :).
By using ETOH it extracts the deCarbed THC for you to use as a drink by mixing with your favourite mix. J
I'm planning on pushing mine till 9 weeks but if still got a few white pistols on some So maybe 10 weeks, your harvest looks a heavy one!

uicing the leaves with out a solvent I think would be less effective in that the THC is still in the leaves so you would have to drink the fiber material. Of coarse you could use a oil also like coconut oil but still need to decarb and you have a oil drink....
I'm planning on pushing mine till 9 weeks but if still got a few white pistols on some So maybe 10 weeks, your harvest looks a heavy one!
I will be chopping another plant today or tomorrow at 9 weeks with some amber tricones on her. But the other 2 plant are going to need another week or more....

I'm planning on making some gummy bears from my trim and popcorn bud either using coconut oil or olive oil :).

Yeah I'm looking to push mine to only 9 weeks, I think maybe 1-2 could need that extra week or two but I'm sure it will be just fine :).

So some thoughts on Fan leaves.
I have been wondering what to do with fan leaves for a while as I have a large amount of fan leaves from this and the last grow which I deCarbed and froze. In the past I have been told to use them as compost as they are not worth the effort. I thought on the lines of a business man(which I am not) to maximize the cannabis use from all the grow including the Fan leaves. In the past I using the fan leaves to make various sweet edibles with mixed results but decided to take the route of Green Dragon ETOH. I put 10 gm of deCarbed ground up Fan leaves in a mason jar and covered it with the contents of a bottle of Everclear and let it sit for a week. I then Filtered it off yesterday through a fine mesh coffee filter 3 times. When I saw the result I realized why they call it Green Dragon. I was a little skeptical at first so last night I mixed up 1/2 a shot glass of the green dragon with ice tea and lemonade and 2 hours later got a good buzzz and slept like I haven't in a long time. The Everclear is virtually 100% ETOH and drew the deCarbed THC out of the fan leaves and I now have a drink from the often wasted Fan leaves. This drink is usually made from flower but I just increase the quantity of fan leaves and you have a acceptable private drink. I am thinking this drink maybe good next time as a mock Cesar as it has a background taste though not over powering but present. When people make shatter they boil off the ETOH which again is a wast of ETOH, dangerous and to complicated. ........I would rather use the fan leaves than feed the worms.
I had a eror in that I used 100 gm of fan leaves not 10 gm....sorry

Back
Top Bottom