Skunk XL - 3 weeks veg - 10 plants - 4x8 tent

Hello cult!

I started counting from the day they were 2" tall, i have since bent them over and taken a few leaves of to let the new shoots get light, i can always upgrade the pots its just i wanted to get a harvest in before christmas as from the start of next year im just going to do one plant ever grow as they take alot of my time up, if i flipped them say today id get a harvest around the 20th december which would be great as i wouldnt have to be hanging around them over the holidays.

If i potted them up to a 15L what do you think that could do for me in yield wise? i yielded 20.3oz from 4 northern lights, they were 5 week from seed in 20L pots.

I alo hand feed everyday like you told me to last year, 20L pots get 2L a day and the 7L pots get 1L a day.

In the 7 litre pots they need 3x feed per day because you have it mixed with perlite. If you can do that tbey will explode with growth. X1 feed just isnt enough. Dont allow coco to dry out either and im suspecting it does o that feed schedule. Maybe not when they are small but certainly as they get bigger when flipped.

Id either put them on drippers so they can be multifed or pot them into larger pots and manual feed.

Dont add perlite to coco if you arent doing multiple daily feeds as the mix will be too airy. Straight coco is more than good enough whe doing x1 feed daily.

If you keep them in 7litre pots and feed x1 litre per day i cant see how you get even close to 40oz dry.

My current grow lights come on at 8 and of by 8, they tend to start drying out around 6pm.

I will get some some more 20L pots but should i let these plants start to get a good root system in these 7L pots first before transplanting? they got transplanted from 1L pots to 7L on monday.

I will transplant them into just plain coco the net transplant, is there anything i can do to stretch the extra yield? not really a fan of topping and stressing the plant or just keep tying her to the screen?

Have you ever tried hydroponics? My understanding is that it's supposed to give the highest yields. I just did a grow with drain-to-waste coco coir ("sorta hydro") and loved it--especially the fact that you can set up automated watering with a pump.

I tried with wilma systems and i was just not up to scratch with everything, i love coco, its simple and easy enough to do, iv decided im going transplant them again into bigger pots but do you think i should let them get rooted in? i could really do with flupping them in 7 days to get a harvest before christmas so im not busy running round trying to get stuff sorted.

Iv decided to transplant them to 20L pots on tuesday and flip them on the 30th, do you think that will be okay?

Iv just flushed the 2 single plants in the 7L pots there with 3 times the volume of water, im going to only give them a 5-7 day flush, there leaves are yellowing fast and i dont want them to cause any bud rot.

I always like a second oppinion the last plants i harvested were in 20L pots and they turned out a lovely smooth smoke.

But with these being in a much smaller pot im hoping i can run for maby 5-7 days, i always love hearing feedback.

Id you are goingto transplant yoi need more time to allow roots to develop. You cant rush it. COCO IS HYDROPONIC GROWING. Its the best hydro for noobs and experienced growers alike.

You sound like you are rushing things in your grows. You def wont get bud rot flushing those plants mate, no way. If you goinf ro flush you should do it correctly otherwise you wont get the extra yield or the clean bud. When you flush use plain water. First flush allow a good amount of run off, around 20% then water every day without run off.

Really you want to transplant into like for like media but you can transplant to pure coco. But again you need to make sure they well rooted before flipping anything. A solid rootzone is one of the fundamental things to success. Add some great white mycorrhizae when you do tgansplant. Just sprinkle the powder in the hole and direct on roots. Then add some carboload to your feed to help fuel the mycorrhizae. It makes a huge difference.

If you just let them grow with no pruning and training you will never hit top numbers. Its important to bend and train the plants to fit your space and build an even canopy. I never TOP as its a shitty way to try increase yield and plants take longer to recover. But i always bend and LST.

Hello buddy!

I dont really ever rush them i always take my time with them it was just this one grow in wanted a harvest before the holidays but if need be ill have to let it run into the new year, im going to follow all of your tips.

The point i said about the plants flushing and bud rot, the last plants i was flushing the smaller leaves yellowed off into the bud and ended up with bud rot, my HM is between 30-40% and iv got a small humidifier block in there too.

I have no great white mycorrhizae but i do run House and garden root accelarator up to the 4th week, that stuff is expensive but worth every penny in my eyes!

I have managed to go ahead and get more coco and pots today so i will transplant today then maby flip on the 30th?

I had 4 last time in 20L pots that had only been transplanted in the last 10 days of veg and they yielded a nice 20.3oz dry after 5 weeks veg from popping seed, that was a great grow, i never topped them neither, put a screen up 10" above pot and tied them in, they were not all the same canopy height but a good 60% were.

I no im sound like im rushing and i no for a fact you are a god of coco, but with the extra 2 plants in there will that make a difference?

I follow alot of your posts and you once said you could easily hit 50oz in a 48 tent, i no im only learning still, but if i hit 20.3oz in a 4x4 and say if i followed my same methods i could hit 40, what could i change to get the extra 10oz?

Thanks for the reply buddy!

Cool. Yeah it is def possible but its the little things that matter. If environment is correct with lots of good airflow, temps stable and a quality light source, you are mostly on your way. It then boils down to genetics, what can the plant actually produce and you never reaĺly know until you have grown a strain out a few times, i pay little attention to breeder yields m2.

The things that really matter outside of that are creating a solid root mass that is healthy and strong. Roots excellurator is good but you need to also add beneficial bacterias. I use Great White Mycorrhizae and i apply it direct to the ròots when i transplant and sprinkle it in the coco. It really makes a difference. Then its how you prune your plants and build your canopy. How ever you do it you want Canopy even and the light to have maximum coverage. As few gaps in canopy as possible but pruned enough so lots of air can move through the trees. Keeping ec and ph In correct range is another important tip, use quality base nutes and learn to understand why you give these feeds and when is tbe best time to give them.

Remember no matter what nutrient manufacturers claim, expensive boosts and products arent the most important things to build bud. Environment is no1 importance. Quality nutes help but you can only grow a certain amount of weed per m2 and some of tbe nutes make crazy claims about boosting yields by 50% or 100% .

The things that are guaranteed to boost quality and yield are:

More light
More CO2 in the canopy
More O2 in the rootzone

I always look forward to your replies!

Yes i do try to always keep a steady temp of around 25-27c HM in flower around 40-50%, i tried 3 600w in the tent all air cooled even with tornado accoustic fans, with 2 co2 bags and temps were hitting 30c which i did not like, was going to add a co2 bottle in but im safety bound with stuff like that.

I got my coco and pots today, going to re-pot tonight and give them a good watering with some root accelerator.

At the moment iv bent my plants over LST if you like and have around 10 stems steadily coming along, planning on putting a screen up 10" above pots then when i flip should i just keep tying her down to the screen for an even canopy or?

For pruning i tend to wait till im nearly 2 weeks into 12/12 and strip everything under the screen that gets no light.

Nutrients i use is the canna A&B, cannazym & pk13/14, I also use advanced nutrients big bud, overdrive, im also trying a new line out from motha pukka, budweiser, amsterdam finest and there own (boost which is poor compared to canna) i dont use any of them for trying to boost yield as much its whats in them, yield pretty much comes down to lights and root mass?

Its pointless running any co2 when growing in an extracted room. It just pulls the co2 out of the space before it can do anything, just like driving your car with aircon running but windows down, its pointless and ineffective.

I think its easier to cool rooms without using cooltubes. They act like radiators in the rooms unless you can get really cold air through them but then they tale away some of the light and are prone to smell leaks when linked up with duct work.

Canna are pretty shitty nutes mate. The base nutes are terrible. Especially for coco. They always cause deficient plants that have marks and spots in leaves. Make sure you use calmag when using that nutrient line.

Yeah i have had some bad experiences with heat without shades, i get cool air sucking in from a near window and the exhaust is pointing to another window so its always cool, yeah theres a chance iv got a smell leak now but im pretty much house bound so im also nose blind to it aswell, yeah i remember you telling me about canna base nutes being crap but im still on my 5L tubs, once they go i will be moving to another brand, either ionic or dutch pro, the bud weiser has quite alot of calmag in.

So if your happy to help me along the way i would be more than appreciated!

Nice to see you back anyway buddy!

They have all been transplanted into the 20L pots, unfortunately i lost a few roots that snapped, but there in pure coco, few clay pebbles and perlite around 5% that was left.

For a man that knows coco better than coco itself how often should i water? i was thinking 500ML a day increasing as the plant grows?

There all in the 20L pots, give them 2L this morning just to try damp the whole area, it was a tight squeeze getting all them pots in a 4x4 tent while my other tent finishes off!
IMG_20171022_122740.jpg

Back
Top Bottom