Smiling Garden's - 1800W - 11 Strains - Ebb & Grow/DWC

Re: Smiling Garden's - 1800W, 11 Strains, Ebb and Grow/DWC

Well im not sure if i will get it up today, for some reason i couldn't find a fire proof mat anywhere. i got all the lines and stuff for it and it is ready if i can find the mat.

hey jcallesano, i din't even see that post till now.

anyways there are a number of different pruning techniques all that will change the hormone balances in you plant a little differently.

your better off just finding a mor in depth thread about toping there are a bunch out there, but here is an overview.

toping- cut right below the top node, on the stem, which stops the vertical cola growth all together. then the two nodes on top grow branches and make two main colas.

FIMing - in the cannabis bile it says this stands for fuck i missed, when somone miss toped a plant. It's hard to descrip without photos, but basicaly you cut it right through the top baby leaves and if you do it right it will top the plant and make 4 main colas from the top two nodes. (look it up, i don't know if that makes sense)

I have mixed feeling about cuting the original cola because i have read that this is where the most potent bud on the plant will grow. and toping it distributes the hormones so the new colas won't produce quite as good of a bud. but this is only the very tip of the colas i am talking about. its all speculative research, and toping it should increase yield if done corectly.

I tried to FIM the plants but wimped out a little and kept the main cola growing on most of them. This slowed the vertical growth slightly, mostly just like pruning would. And the node branches shot out. I like to have an even plant with that main cola just for stability so i am kind of happy about it.

I will get some pictures up if i ever find my charger and ill show you the difference on a couple of the plants.

I have always been against pruning just because it increases suseptability to disease which i have had shit of luck with.

but anyways the plants seem to look healthy and the brancher are unreal, already see node coming off the branches!

hope to get the pics of it all soon.

yeah pick up a copy of the canabis bible, best 25$ i ever spent on my grow. full of insight and techniques.

I still didn't get the CO2 gen up, i can't find a fire proof mat still. I am considering just haning it in the room for now, but i wanted to have it outside the room venting in to minimize my AC use.

but anyways not much progress at all today and i can't find my charger at all but the plants are looking great. i raised the light and they are starting to get a little more lengthy.

i am free tomorrow and will do my best to do all the stuff i keep promising.

nice, yeah i have the grow DVD 2. not to bad. i just picked up my copy at barnes and noble or borders or something. you can also torent an electronic version of it for free.

but im making the journey to the hydro shop today, gonna pick up a ton of hydroton and a few other goodies. ill be trying to get the ebb and flow runing and the plants transplanted today, the roots are rediculously long and tangling up with the air stone lines. i figure its about time.

when i rebuilt the room i cut bac on nutes a bit and raised the light to get some stretch on them, but now they are getting too lanky so it is time to put all the lights on them and watch them explode.

one of the auto's just shot out a few white hairs too.

update you later how it all went.

hey smilin i know you got the sentinel controller there but do you have any suggestions as to how i could run your same c02 idea except on a cheaper scale?

im good with the cost on the water heater and all but from what i understand it is going to require either a monitor like yours or a temp/rh/c02 controller in addition to a c02 monitor for fan controls and shutting off the c02 during venting, the photocell for conserving at night and the monitor to plug into the controller for ppm stability.

correct me if im wrong but it looks like the controller/monitor way will be around 400 and to get a digital all-in-1 is like 500-800 any input?

Thanks surfinstoned, i fucking love surfing. but up ill get another pic of the table before i move to the ebb and grow. they have Filled out nicely the last week. hope to do it tomorow.

But as for the CO2. i first figured it would cost around $350 to add CO2 for as low as i could get it. A water heater for about $150, and one of the PPM-4 for about $200. Then i read some reviews that the PPM-4 was crap so i decided to spring for the CHHC-4. Great decision, i love it so far. just keeps the temps and humidity stable, and the plants have loved it so far, even without the CO2. Just saves the effort and wory about the settings, and checking the min and max temps everyday. but i am kinda lazy i guess. I picked it up from the hydro garden center for $570 shipped.
I think it was a great investment, but then again i have a decent size room planed for my standards and it will pay off very quickly.

I'm still having trouble getting the CO2 up, i got the wrong valves or reg or something and i will go figure it out tomorrow hopefully. After i set up the ebb and flow.

it's always a lot more work than i imagine to do each task. but in the end it will be worth it.

till tomorrow

essentially then and probably not nearly as efficient but i could do the ppm-4 and set my exhaust fans on thermostats right?

Thanks surfinstoned, i fucking love surfing. but up ill get another pic of the table before i move to the ebb and grow. they have Filled out nicely the last week. hope to do it tomorow.

But as for the CO2. i first figured it would cost around $350 to add CO2 for as low as i could get it. A water heater for about $150, and one of the PPM-4 for about $200. Then i read some reviews that the PPM-4 was crap so i decided to spring for the CHHC-4. Great decision, i love it so far. just keeps the temps and humidity stable, and the plants have loved it so far, even without the CO2. Just saves the effort and wory about the settings, and checking the min and max temps everyday. but i am kinda lazy i guess. I picked it up from the hydro garden center for $570 shipped.
I think it was a great investment, but then again i have a decent size room planed for my standards and it will pay off very quickly.

I'm still having trouble getting the CO2 up, i got the wrong valves or reg or something and i will go figure it out tomorrow hopefully. After i set up the ebb and flow.

it's always a lot more work than i imagine to do each task. but in the end it will be worth it.

till tomorrow

Its a never ending story man,as soon as you get one problem there are sure to be more to follow.
Its a nightmare man,but as you said it will be worth it in the end.:yummy:

I forgot to mention you need either a pump and res or run to waste for the water in the generator. the pump cost me like $50, it needs to have like 15' head on it. And it is recomened to have a 100L res at least but i am going to try and use my 65L. fingers crossed that is enough, cause i am broke as shit at this point.

I don't know about thermostats, i guess that would work. but don't forget about the humidity too, generators create a lot of it.
I am not sure what climate you are in or setup you run but before i added AC the exhaust on my lights had to be on prety much the whole time. As little as 20 minutes off and my tems sky rocketed. If that is the case the CO2 gen wouldn't do anything and be a waste.
You could try and exaust your lights on a sealed system continuously, and the just exause the room on a thermostat. that is my best suggestion.

I am not the best source of info i guess, i am just figuring it all out with the CO2. I just went with a sealed room so i wouldn't have to figure it all out differently. control each perameter seperatly.

If it's an option you can probably pick up a dehuey and an AC unit on craigslits prety cheap, and save a lot of trouble. also the cost of propane adds up. Especialy if your exhausting the room.

one option is just use a timer like 3-5 times a day that will release a little CO2, controled with a controler. Or just guessing based on the calculators you can find online.

Ill check out some of your threads when i get some more time, trying desperatly to get all my this done.

Here is the last you will see of my flood table, they are going in the EBB and Flow buckets today. Ill get pics of that up when it is done. They are looking awesome.
Enjoy!

Here is the outside of my room... left is the top. couldnt' get ver good shots or it.
DSCN02744.JPG

and the babies - DAY - 46
DSCN02762.JPG

DSCN02772.JPG

DSCN02784.JPG

Here is the diesel still leading the pack, but the gap in being narrowed.
DSCN02814.JPG

DSCN02823.JPG

DSCN02835.JPG

DSCN02873.JPG

they have come a long way in the last week, thats more like it.
get back with you when i get the system done.

Also with regards to the CO2, don't forget to consider tubing and regulator and anything else that you might need to set it up. shit adds up quick.

True that, i think i may as well just go with the traditional tank setup or maybe even do large fermentation bins seems more simplistic and maybe even more cost effective than a gen.

The tanks are definatly more expensive to run than generators. other than the initial investment.
Stuff adds up so fast, be ready whatever you do. I forgot to mention buying the propane tank and hoses, and i don't even remember it all.

But with fermentation basin, might as well make tons of beer. but i guess that doesn't produce as much CO2.

honestly when i am in my room for about 20 constructin, the PPM goes from 400 up to between 600 and 700. and when i was first building it, the ppm reached 1500.

just goes to prove how a little attention and care really goes a long way even unoticed.

almost got the gen up, and the buckets are clean as can be and ready for the build.

The tanks are definatly more expensive to run than generators. other than the initial investment.
Stuff adds up so fast, be ready whatever you do. I forgot to mention buying the propane tank and hoses, and i don't even remember it all.

But with fermentation basin, might as well make tons of beer. but i guess that doesn't produce as much CO2.

honestly when i am in my room for about 20 constructin, the PPM goes from 400 up to between 600 and 700. and when i was first building it, the ppm reached 1500.

just goes to prove how a little attention and care really goes a long way even unoticed.

almost got the gen up, and the buckets are clean as can be and ready for the build.

well in my situation its not going to really be possible 2 make a complete seal on my room, at the very best i know it is still going to have leaks. I figure for the first grow i might just want to do the fermentation bins and the cheap syringe type c02 air ppm testers. if i can get it up any i know it can only help. I can get free yeast and sugar so definitely cost effective.

Nice that sounds like a good plan, especialy if it is free yeast and all that. mine has significant leakage since it is just plywood and stuff. but is is sealed enough for me. no pressure differenece so there is nothing forcing air through the cracks.

good luck with that, i look forward to seeing it and how it works.

ill get picks up tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom