Smokey1507 1st Soil - CFL Grow

Re: Smokey1507 1st soil,CFL grow

I will be trying it that way after it grows abit more my northern lights has signs of the 3rd set of leaves coming up so i cant wait here is some pics of my new setup it is in a pc case with a fan + extraction system lol
Photo01361.jpg

Photo01371.jpg
Photo01341.jpg

I almost forgot!

As soon as you start to train the plant horisontally, tie a piece of string at the base of the stem.Close to ground-level.This string should be pulling in the opposite direction to which you've trained the top stem.
This is to prevent the plants' roots from lifting upward and out of the ground because of the lateral forces i.e. the training.

Been thinking.Do you close up the box during dark period?If not, and your plants are exposed to light during this dark period, you might as well keep your lights burning 24h straight!Because if its not receiving total darkness, a 'dark' period is useless.This is CRUCIAL during flowering especially!Having ur lights up 24hrs now will futher speed up the grow also.But switch back to 18/6 when it's reached veg state.

Still loving my front row seat....

well man, oh so if you put your first string in you pull left then you have to counter by pulling to the right? if that makes sense lol

i close the pc case up all the time and just switch off for the dark period everyday, its getting a lovely constant heat from the big 125 watt cfl, so when i reach flowering they go on to a 24/0 cycle?

when do the plants start veg stage cos i know the first two weeks are spent forming roots?

cool i will remember that ! hopefully in the next week i will see a little bit more growth in them, :thumb:

Well, vegging will be as soon as the plant grows past its seedling phase and get repotted into bigger pots.When the plant has about 2 or 3 sets of leaves or nodes.

But looking at your grow box I assume you're gonna keep them in these pots - not too much space for bigger ones it seems?
So as soon as you see you 2 or 3 nodes it's vegging baby!

As for your lights, just keep them at 18/6 for now, like you're currently doing.

Right, next up what you gotta remember is that during veg state u hav to keep an eye on the growth of your plants, cos when we put them into flowering they will double in size!and sometimes maybe even more, depending on the strain and grow conditions.so don't overdo the vegging!

Next up is flowering:

When you think your babies hav vegged long enough (everybody here will say at least 4 weeks but due to ur confined space I think ur gonna hav to flower earlier, I'm not sure).

-somebody who knows better should know if that's safe?To flower ur plants after only 2 of 3 weeks of vegetation?-
Anybody?

But when that time comes you keep your babies in total darkness for about 2 days.Then switch to 12/12 photoperiod.
This will force the plants into sexing and furthermore flowering.

The reason this happens is simple really:

You know that by growing indoors, we are trying to recreate the perfect outdoor conditions, right that's obvious.

Now during the veg state the plants get alot of light (sun), like in summer.This is the time the plants roots itself and grows quickly.But as winter comes along the days become shorter and the nights longer.That's when the MJ plant starts its flowering(reproduction) cycle.In nature this happens naturally, but indoors we force this occurance by shortening the light cycle to 12/12 capish ;-)

Phew...that post deserves a hit from billy...

well dude i was going to keep them in the same pots but now that you said about moving to bigger i don't know what to do lol in not looking to grow big but i do want an average grow, i have a wardrobe to put them in if do re-plant , i have done the first tie down of the cheese i will put a pic up in a min :)

Well I see most of the non-lst grows here reach 2 to 3 times the height of the pots they're grown in.
Taking into account that ur lst-ing I would say u can safely get away with half of that at the very least!

So it's up to you....watcha gonna do??

Looking good!You're making me soooo jealous.

Can't wait to do the same.As soon as I'm ready though.

Keep it up!

lol, maybe i will leave them veg in the pots for another week or two and see how big they get and then flower for 8 wks, i love planting in soil but i would love to try this water culture system well a small version lol
water-culture.jpg

thanks, i should have waited to have all the equipment first like ph sticks and thermometer ect

water-culture.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm no expert, but I think that's your typical hydroponics setup!

Would luv to do hydro in the future aswell.Especially efficient when you've got many plants to take care of.No soil=no dirt.It looks like a much cleaner op.

But u know what they say, gotta crawl before u can walk...

Back
Top Bottom