SOGgy Daze Ahead For Mr. Krip!

:thanks: very much for that report Mr.Krip!!

I have been hearing about all this vaporizing and I'm totally considering it. There was that Iolite that you just purchased and a NO2 at the local head shop yet the employee didn't really have any reviews. That is also great info on the butane!! I have been using Ronson my whole life and wondered why my lighters would go. I'm assuming it was worth the purchase? :circle-of-love:

:thanks:

Nice vape bro im looking for a nice portable type vape for when im at friends houses, im the only vaper they all like to smoke with tobacco for some strange reason, i hate it vaporizers are the way to go!

:thumb:

I agree 420%! Vapes are the way to go. They're much more efficient, much healthier, and allows you to taste the herb much better. Plus, it's less "obtrusive" to non-smokers, since there's no smoke/smell!

Congrats on the new toy and on the win as well, nug jars all around!

Thanks, Brother! I've done a little "re-use" on the older nug jar. I'll post some pics in a little while.

:thanks: very much for that report Mr.Krip!!

I have been hearing about all this vaporizing and I'm totally considering it. There was that Iolite that you just purchased and a NO2 at the local head shop yet the employee didn't really have any reviews. That is also great info on the butane!! I have been using Ronson my whole life and wondered why my lighters would go. I'm assuming it was worth the purchase? :circle-of-love:

:thanks:

Glad I could help, MissB!

One suggestion I'll make is that, unless you specifically want/need the portability, I think the "plug-in" vapes are much better and most will cost less than either the Iolite or the Vapir NO2.

Also, give some thought as to whether you'll be happy with the "whips" or if you may also want the ability to fill up a bag (convenient for parties!).

The Silver Surfer & Daboodah's are very good vapes that won't cost too much and they both use the "whips".

If you wanted something that filled bags, you'd have to spend a little more money. The Volcanoes are nice, but the most expensive on the market, and I find the Arizer, which supports both bags and a whip, a great alternative to the $500 Volcano.

Although it takes a little time to get used to, whichever you choose, I promise you won't be sorry with vaping over smoking!

TEMPORARILY RE-PURPOSING THE OLD 420 NUG JAR

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I was at the grocery store today and noticed they were selling dry ice and, since I had a couple ounces of trim in the freezer, I thought it would be a perfect time to use the dry ice extraction method to make some hash.

I haven't actually made it into hash yet, but I've temporarily re-purposed the smaller 420 nug jar to hold the kief until I do:

DSCN17432.JPG

DSCN17463.JPG

I haven't weighed it yet, but I'm guessing something like 10 grams of HIGH quality kief.

Also, I have to say, it's the EASIEST extraction I've ever done!

I have an 8-bag set of the original Bubble Bags and, if I had to do it all over again, I'd just get a single 220 bag and use the dry ice method exclusively!

Happy Harvests!

K

ANOTHER AWESOME DOCUMENTARY ON MEDICAL CANNABIS!

Thanks for the good words, everyone, and I'll respond to you all individually soon, but wanted to post this right away...

It's a great documentary on some of the latest research into the medical uses of cannabis, including as a possible cure/prevention to cancer.

Although I'm a BIG believer in MMJ, I've always been VERY skeptical when I heard claims of curing cancer, but this research is extremely intruiging and I'm rapidly becoming a convert!

It's a little long, but well worth it and I hope you all enjoy:

Marijuana - Documentary - YouTube

:thanks: for posting this! I had not seen it, even though it came out in 2010.

I watched it the night you posted it. Great documentary! It's called "What if Cannabis Cured Cancer" I was poking around to see what I could learn, and it looks like the doctors/scientists in the film are the real deal. I discovered there were several other doctors that agreed with the thesis, but they had to back out because the hospitals/institutions they worked for pressured them not to appear in the film.

I'm planning on purchasing the DVD so I can loan it to older, non computer literate friends that would never watch it online.

:Namaste:

TEMPORARILY RE-PURPOSING THE OLD 420 NUG JAR

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I was at the grocery store today and noticed they were selling dry ice and, since I had a couple ounces of trim in the freezer, I thought it would be a perfect time to use the dry ice extraction method to make some hash.

I haven't actually made it into hash yet, but I've temporarily re-purposed the smaller 420 nug jar to hold the kief until I do:

I haven't weighed it yet, but I'm guessing something like 10 grams of HIGH quality kief.

Also, I have to say, it's the EASIEST extraction I've ever done!

I have an 8-bag set of the original Bubble Bags and, if I had to do it all over again, I'd just get a single 220 bag and use the dry ice method exclusively!

Happy Harvests!

K

Mr Krip, a 220 bag? I bought a 76 micron bag last grow and did my dry ice method. Wouldnt a 220 put a lot of plant material into the kief? Or is a 76 (might be 79) missing trich heads? I get confused on the sizing methodology.

I love the dry ice method, the only way to go about making it in my opinion. I use some 120 silk from the pocwl hobby store, works great. Would love to see how u turn your keif to hash.

Some trippy gadgets...love the jug of keif!

Yeah, the old days of rolling a joint or packing a bowl have been replaced by HIGH tech! That kief is definately killer and smells like the Pineapple Express! :yummy:

:thanks: for posting this! I had not seen it, even though it came out in 2010.

I watched it the night you posted it. Great documentary! It's called "What if Cannabis Cured Cancer" I was poking around to see what I could learn, and it looks like the doctors/scientists in the film are the real deal. I discovered there were several other doctors that agreed with the thesis, but they had to back out because the hospitals/institutions they worked for pressured them not to appear in the film.

I'm planning on purchasing the DVD so I can loan it to older, non computer literate friends that would never watch it online.

:Namaste:

Glad you found it valuable!

I thought it was incredible, also, and is sure appears that the next big wave of medicine will involve the endocannabanoid system.

Now, all the big pharma companies are spending billions of dollars trying to replicate artificially what we can all grow in our backyards for free so they can make billions more in profit.

Mr Krip, a 220 bag? I bought a 76 micron bag last grow and did my dry ice method. Wouldnt a 220 put a lot of plant material into the kief? Or is a 76 (might be 79) missing trich heads? I get confused on the sizing methodology.

The 220 bag will filter out all the plant material, so what you're left with is everything that would have normally been caught by the 160 bag and lower.

Some people use the contents of the 160 bag for cooking, and it is considered lower quality, but definately smokable, especially when mixed in with the "higher quality" stuff, that would normally be caught in the finer mesh bags.

That being said, there are two things I'd point out:

1) The 76 bag is too small for the dry ice method. It will work, but you'll get significantly less yield AND, more importantly, the 76 bag usually catches the HIGHEST quality trichomes. So, if you're using a 76 bag for dry ice extraction, you're only capturing what passes through the 76 and would normally have been caught in the 45 or 25 bags. In other words, you're missing the best stuff! I woudn't use anything lower than a 160 bag for dry ice extraction, and here's why the 220 works fine....

2) When you first start the dry ice extraction, the higher quality kief tends to come out first. You'll see it has a nice, blonde color. But, after several minutes, the kief starts looking a darker, green color. This greener stuff that comes out later is the lower quality kief. So, you can actually separate the grades, even using a single bag, simply by stopping when the color starts to change. There will be some "contamination" of lower quality grades, but with the 220 bag you basically eliminate all the plant material and can get the maximum quantity of trichomes.

I hope that helps! :Namaste:

I love the dry ice method, the only way to go about making it in my opinion. I use some 120 silk from the pocwl hobby store, works great. Would love to see how u turn your keif to hash.

Hey, Kotton! I use a pollen press to turn the kief into hash.

FINAL TALLY - JUST OVER 13 GRAMS OF HASH

I wound up with a little more hash than anticipated! :yahoo:

The pollen press is sealed shut, so I just formed it by hand. I had a buddy over today and we smoked a bunch and I have a couple chunks that weren't in these pics, so, I'm estimating the total not pictured as something like 1/2 gram and here's another 12.8 g's on the scale:

DSCN17492.JPG

The three balls each weigh 3.5 g's and the cube makes up the other 2.3 g's:

DSCN17482.JPG

It's definately some "one-hit-quitter" (I like to take at least 2-3, but that's just me!)! :grinjoint:

Happy Harvests!

K

Glad you found it valuable!

I thought it was incredible, also, and is sure appears that the next big wave of medicine will involve the endocannabanoid system.

Now, all the big pharma companies are spending billions of dollars trying to replicate artificially what we can all grow in our backyards for free so they can make billions more in profit.

One more reason to watch out for big brother, trying to suppress what we can already do. Remember the politics, it is all about the green (money).

Back
Top Bottom