SOGgy Daze Ahead For Mr. Krip!

hey krip!
around how old before a mother could/should give nice sized/healthy clones?

It really depends on what you consider "nice sized", how many clones you're looking to take at once, and how you train your Bonsais, assuming we're talking about Bonsais.

I can definately say that, when starting the plants as Bonsai's, it takes at least a few months before you're really able to take more than a couple/few good size clones at once. I found this out "the hard way" and it would probably be quicker to let them veg out normally, then cut them down to Bonsai size.

This thread gives a good idea of the clone cycles:

Bonsai Mothers

Essentially, you can top the plant after a few weeks and get the first clone, a few weeks later, you get a couple/few more clones from the branches that grew from the first topping, a few weeks after that, it's starting to look like a Bonsai and should have multiple branches & tops that just need to grow out.

I hope that helps!

I grew a PE once, it didn't stick in my head , maybe it was when I had problems. I lost a grow to mites and one to PM. I love the 'little trees'. I have afew out there also. I keep cutting them back till I figure out if I want them. I think I said before Elmer's Glue works as a stem sealant. Might stop a stem borer or something. I've been using it but then I cut many a plant back without and adverse effects. plants usually survive anyways without it. So I really didn't know if it is doing anything at all. But I did read it somewhere.
But anyways, that PE is a tasty looking nugget. Makes me want a vapor or two.
Keep em Green ++++++++++++

Hi Mr.K,

Way cool video on making hash...amazing :high-five: have you watched any of his others?

I could get some dry ice easily enough...but would it be worth it for the little amount of trim I have at any one time? Can I accumulate it until I have enough...as long as I dry it out I can store it...correct? In the freezer, right?

And what about using bud I don't want to smoke? my second grow was bad. They are covered with trics and look as good as any other I've grown but the taste leaves a lot to be desired...would that make good/bad hash?

I must have missed something in the bags discussion...I'm confused. :scratchinghead: The higher the number 220 the finer the mesh or the other way around? And someone...sorry I forgot who...mentioned about the different sizes of trics, I've noticed, on my plants anyway, that trics vary greatly in size and shape, and sometimes are so densely packed together that they fuse into a glob and look crystalized...:hmmmm:

I save my trim up tell I have 100+ grams. I dry it and then store into the freezer just as you said.
You can use the buds you don't wanna smoke it will just add to the amount of hash you get at finish.
The smaller the number the smaller the screen. The 220 bag should be your work bag, ie the bag you put the trim and ice in. The 220 should be inside the other bags, so when you pull it up and out the trim comes with it. The smaller size screen bags will then filter out the good--->great hash.

Hi Mr.K,

Way cool video on making hash...amazing :high-five: have you watched any of his others?

I could get some dry ice easily enough...but would it be worth it for the little amount of trim I have at any one time? Can I accumulate it until I have enough...as long as I dry it out I can store it...correct? In the freezer, right?

And what about using bud I don't want to smoke? my second grow was bad. They are covered with trics and look as good as any other I've grown but the taste leaves a lot to be desired...would that make good/bad hash?

I must have missed something in the bags discussion...I'm confused. :scratchinghead: The higher the number 220 the finer the mesh or the other way around? And someone...sorry I forgot who...mentioned about the different sizes of trics, I've noticed, on my plants anyway, that trics vary greatly in size and shape, and sometimes are so densely packed together that they fuse into a glob and look crystalized...:hmmmm:

Sqwheels, yes, you can store your trim in the freezer until you have enough to make hash. A good estimate is about 15% yield, so every 10 g's of trim, you should get about 1.5 g's of hash.

The 220 is the LARGEST mesh, so will let everything EXCEPT the plant matter through. As the micron number gets lower, the mesh get finer and traps smaller trichomes.

MY LAST CURED POWER SKUNK BUD

Well, I only harvested two Power Skunk's on my first SOG run, since the PS mom wasn't really ready to give up a large number of clones and I killed most of the ones I did get.

You'll soon see, this SOG round is mostly Power Skunk & Lucy, but, I'm down to my last Power Skunk bud (and I tend to save the best for last!), so I figured I'd get a few pics to remember her by, especially since once I smoke her, I don't remember much! :)

DSCN17801.JPG

DSCN17833.JPG

DSCN17852.JPG

DSCN17872.JPG

:yummy:

Happy Harvests!

K

MY LAST CURED POWER SKUNK BUD

...I'm down to my last Power Skunk bud (and I tend to save the best for last!), so I figured I'd get a few pics to remember her by, especially since once I smoke her, I don't remember much! :)

:yummy:

Happy Harvests!

K

Love It!!! I do the same thing (best for last) I haven't smoked any of the big colas from my last grow yet...still working on the little popcorn nugs and smaller buds.

:thumb:

SOME PICS FROM FLOWER

In the flower tent, I currently have 8 plants including 3 Lucy, 4 Power Skunk and 1 Pineapple Express. The first group of four (right) have been in 12/12 for 32 days and the 2nd group of four (left) have been in 12/12 for 5-13 days (newest are in front, oldest in back):

DSCN17883.JPG

DSCN17932.JPG

Two of the 32 day old Lucy's:

DSCN17891.JPG

Closer shot of one of the Lucy's. It looks like these are gonna be nice & fat like the last one! :yahoo:

DSCN17953.JPG

Power Skunk:

DSCN17902.JPG

Pineapple Express:

DSCN17913.JPG

I should be adding another 4-6 clones to the flower tent over the next week.

Happy Harvests!

K

As always Mr. Krip, your girls are beautiful! :bravo:
I watch your grows like a hawk. I can't tell you how much you have influenced my growing methods. My coming SOG grow will be very much like yours, with the exception of clones for now. That will be added to my stable sooner or later.
It is only a matter of time.
Thank You my friend. :high-five:

As always Mr. Krip, your girls are beautiful! :bravo:
I watch your grows like a hawk. I can't tell you how much you have influenced my growing methods. My coming SOG grow will be very much like yours, with the exception of clones for now. That will be added to my stable sooner or later.
It is only a matter of time.
Thank You my friend. :high-five:

Many thanks for that, my friend! :thanks:

That really means a lot to me, especially coming from you who has always been an inspiration to me. :adore:

It definately marks a milestone for me as a grower when I can influence other growers with your experience!

I was reading of your plans for SOG on your journal and not only do I think you'll do great with a SOG, but it makes a lot of sense for you on a bunch of levels, but not the least of which is some good electricity savings from not having to veg as long. Plus, if you go with GLR for veg, you'll get even more savings. :thumb:

With all the seeds you have, I understand not wanting to jump into cloning right away. But, a couple of points to consider are that the seeds can go real quick growing a SOG (and we all know how expensive good seeds are!), especially if you decide you want to pack your tent. And, you may want to take clones just in case you find that "killer pheno" that you don't want to lose.

Other than that, it will be a great opportunity for you to use up some of that massive seed stock you have in search of your favorite! :)

I'm looking forward to the new journal! :high-five:

TRANSPLANTED LUCY BONSAI #2

The younger of the two Lucy Bonsai's (clone of the older one) is about 3 months old, now, and I figured it was time to move her from her original 16 oz. hempy to a 2 L.

She was definately ready for a transplant, since the whole cup emptied into one solid "cup 'o roots"!:

DSCN17962.JPG

DSCN17972.JPG

DSCN17991.JPG

Here she is in her new, permanent, home:

DSCN18014.JPG

DSCN18054.JPG

DSCN18043.JPG

She hasn't given up any clones yet, since she's been getting LST'd, but she's now about ready. Unfortunately, I won't need any more clones for a few weeks! :)

Also, I thought I'd mention that, although my cloning issues appear to be solved with the humidity dome, I'm about to run out of rockwool and was going to order some more when I figured I'd try switching to Rapid Rooters.

I've heard nothing but great things about them, including reports of rooting about 20% quicker than rockwool, and figured it can't hurt to try something new.

Happy Harvests!

K

I hope to never use rockwool again. I really like the root riot cubes (same as rapid rooters). They just feel better than rockwool to me.

Back
Top Bottom