Solo Cup Comp: Bring It!

Wish i would've had the extra seeds to play along but the few that i have need to be used for medicinal ends so yield is important. Can't wait to see how this turns out...
Stay green

Wish i would've had the extra seeds to play along but the few that i have need to be used for medicinal ends so yield is important. Can't wait to see how this turns out...
Stay green

Is cloning a possibility?,, still barely time for a clone,,:Namaste:

Decided to give it a shot!
My first time at growing this type of plant, so why not start off with something a little more difficult?
Also, I got impatient waiting on my auto seeds, and happened to find a bag seed in a batch of Candy Kush, so hopefully, all goes well!
All in all, I think it'll prove to be a good base to start whilst I wait for my autos, then I can decide if I want to continue her on in 12/12 with autoflowers(which would be horrible for their yield)
Regardless:
I've placed the seed into the soil mix I chose, that was watered with voodoo juice and evaporated tap water, hoping it'll germ out this way!
Wish me luck, I'll need it, lol.:cheer::Namaste:
Kandi1.jpg

Here's what I've scratched together so far. A Thai Stick clone. And from seed- a Critical Cheese, White Widow, and a couple 'Ace Mix' freebies. And a couple Lemon Skunk sprouts which are from seeds that have been in my freezer for almost ten years. All under a watering octopus. Well, actually a septopus at the moment but I'll scrounge up something to put under the eighth arm. Three are supposed to be hempys. The other four are coco/perlite with a little hydroton on top. I may do a rockwool one. This autowatering thing will be the death of me, or more likely- of the plants. Major tweaking yet to be done as this is the emergency prototype. Lots more obstacles- including the fact that the sativas and indicas will have different feeding requirements but will receive all the same slop from the same trough. I have no dedicated light for them either- just the spillover in the center aisle of my flowering room.
Challenges challenges...:lot-o-toke:
image35906.jpg

I put the blue cup in for you, El Gypsy. Cause you told me not to.

Here's what I've scratched together so far. A Thai Stick clone. And from seed- a Critical Cheese, White Widow, and a couple 'Ace Mix' freebies. And a couple Lemon Skunk sprouts which are from seeds that have been in my freezer for almost ten years. All under a watering octopus. Well, actually a septopus at the moment but I'll scrounge up something to put under the eighth arm. Three are supposed to be hempys. The other four are coco/perlite with a little hydroton on top. I may do a rockwool one. This autowatering thing will be the death of me, or more likely- of the plants. Major tweaking yet to be done as this is the emergency prototype. Lots more obstacles- including the fact that the sativas and indicas will have different feeding requirements but will receive all the same slop from the same trough. I have no dedicated light for them either- just the spillover in the center aisle of my flowering room.
image35906.jpg

Good luck mate!
I'm actually battling some bs temp and humidity problems; trying to regulate that before she sprouts; that is such a neat watering system you have set up.
Can't figure out for the life of me how it works, though. How does it know when to feed?

image35906.jpg

Love it! I think this is exactly what this thread is about! You are full of good "stuff" Weasel!

These are my two attempts at it... Now I've got to be honest, they spent there first week under a (lots on / not much off) lighting schedule. After the thread was announced, they moved to the flower tent. They are 2 Afghan regulars. I'm not even sure why I planted them. Likely because I have a bunch of those seeds I guess and wanted to try out a LED flood light bulb. They are in Coco getting full strength bloom nutrients (AN sensi coco). i know, I know...

image35911.jpg

Looking good people!

Great Spitz! Hey Wheeze, that auto feeder looks too cool!!

This is going to be fun. My clones have 8 more days to be ready for the race starting on Feb 1st. I understand we have til then to have a contestant ready, yes?

Vlad :bongrip:

Good luck mate!
I'm actually battling some bs temp and humidity problems; trying to regulate that before she sprouts; that is such a neat watering system you have set up.
Can't figure out for the life of me how it works, though. How does it know when to feed?

Thank you very much. Ha ha. I sure wish it did know when to feed. ;) Right now it's on a timer to water one minute a day. I'll take a better picture of the monstrosity when lights are on.
Yes - end of the month for entries.

Thank you very much. Ha ha. I sure wish it did know when to feed. ;) Right now it's on a timer to water one minute a day. I'll take a better picture of the monstrosity when lights are on.
Yes - end of the month for entries.

So, a pump is connected to a timer, that turns on and pumps equal amounts of nutrient water from an external reservoir to each plant at the same time, then turns off after 1 minute?
Did I hit that? Lol

Yes there's a 185 gallon/hour pump sitting in the bottom of a bucket full of water/nutrient, which is hidden under the piece of plywood you see the plants are sitting on. The water flows from the pump up through the white pipe and is redistributed through the glossy black thing (manifold) into 1/4" lines. The manifold has flow rate adjusters but it's incredibly hard to make them work well, partly because the thing is a cheap piece of junk. So 'equal amounts' is stretching it. But I'm trying to soak the plants down once a day at this point without depleting the reservoir before I get back to refill.

Back
Top Bottom