Solo Grow Challenge 2014 - Preparation Thread

I have 3 modified cups, and 2 stock. I took one of those fabric shopping bags and turned it into a solo size fabric pot. One will have holes drilled everywhere, and the other will be cut cup with screen door material as sides. And 2 regular hempy cups for stock class. Can't wait to get this started!

ok working on the contest rules and shit here is what i got so far.

Solo Grow Challenge 2014. starts October 1st, for seed people, and clones get planted October 14th.
this will be a fun for everyone from the most experienced to the most novice of growers. so here we go. here are some quick rules, judges list and explaining the classes. ( marz or c idea? remind me and ill give credit for 2 classes )

guidelines for thread.
if posting your pics user must provide class they are entering, strain name and date taken.
every user is allowed unlimited entries, but all posts and pics containing each plant must be separate for each entry. might want to write on your cups lol.

general rules.
1. all roots must be contained within the cup.
2. no pumps, but bottom feeding IS allowed.
3. can use a photo strain or auto. but flowering must be under 12/12 lighting.
4. seed people can run veg light schedule until the 14th.

stock solo cup class.
1. cup must be no bigger then 18oz solo cup. 16oz is allowed.
2. no more then 4 drainage holes. hempy still falls under this class.

modified 18oz class.
1. container must be under 18oz. doesn't have to be a solo cup.
2. all contestants must provide proof of size of there cup. and can be called to prove at any time.

judges contest rules will be the same as modified class. and same general rules. they can also just use a regular solo cup if they wish dont have to be modified.

for the judging, it will be divided into 2 sections. 3 judges for each section. the judges are allowed to have an entry aswell. it will be in its own class and voted on by the contestants, reverse judging! (light addicts idea)
judging will be based on appearance only, size of plant or final weight has no bearing on this part of the contest. and this portion will be judged after all final before chop pictures are submitted.
also judges will have the authority to disqualify you if your not following the guidelines or rules. my involvement will be with the judges, i wont be judging im basically just organizing it all so i cant compete with everyone else. but i still wanna play! out of my league now but i still wanna play hahaha

judges will be
WildJim
LightAddict
Cajuncelt

more to come.

winners in both category's will be divided into 2 sections. a winner for heaviest dry weight. and a winner decided by our 3 judges of overall appearance. in both classes.

users in contest.
PeytonManning
TuzoMagnus
marzbadrock
devilish
Tropical Thai
sunnymonster
closetorganic
c526
Cruizer
daddymac219
COorganics
B A R
joedaddy805
Ricorico

and anyone who joins between now and then.

let me know if i left anything out?

Okay, so clones get planted on the 14th, but it's there a date that we are supposed to cut them, or can we cut tonight to get them going since I still don't know exactly how long it takes to root

Count me in. What's the length of the for the grow. I didn't see that mentioned.
Its over when the last person crops out. Then dry weights 2 weeks after. I'll add that thanks. And added ☺
Okay, so clones get planted on the 14th, but it's there a date that we are supposed to cut them, or can we cut tonight to get them going since I still don't know exactly how long it takes to root
Yea like I said cloning is up to the grower. 2 weeks is usually enough. If not we will adjust next grow.
The big question for me is if I should do seed or cutting. Is there any rules regarding pruning or training?
Nope! Do whatever u want. Seeds get planted with pics on the first. And 12/12 kicks in non the 14th. Guess I did miss some stuff.

Cheers

stock solo cup class.

I thought the stock class was 16oz solo cups only and anything above that amount went into the modified class. Yea? :thanks:

18 is the usual solo size, but 16 is allowed. No containers over 18 ounces though. 4 drain holes or less is stock class, and everything else is modified class. Airpots, fabric, what have you

For some reason i thought this all started out as a 16oz solo cup challenge and a few people could only find 18oz in their respected areas and then became the 18oz and mod class, but still the 16oz solo cup would be the same. Otherwise I'm going to have to go out and find me some 18oz solo cups or equivalent to compare. Whoa...that was a good hit! but did i write clearly crap got a 2 month old puppy today and she's trippin me out where'd she go?

For some reason i thought this all started out as a 16oz solo cup challenge and a few people could only find 18oz in their respected areas and then became the 18oz and mod class, but still the 16oz solo cup would be the same. Otherwise I'm going to have to go out and find me some 18oz solo cups or equivalent to compare. Whoa...that was a good hit! but did i write clearly crap got a 2 month old puppy today and she's trippin me out where'd she go?

Not sure bro. Go look at first post I made starting the thread says 18 oz lol u can use 16 though.
Most people had problems finding 16 oz. Like me for one. I looked high and low. No solo brand 16oz
What kid of dog is she?

ah man she's all black and looks like a lab but mixed with a doberman, she was free and luckily I have all tile floor. 16oz or 18oz is cool I may try one of each and a modified.

Solo Grow Challenge 2014. starts October 1st, for seed people, and clones get planted October 14th.
this will be a fun for everyone from the most experienced to the most novice of growers. so here we go. here are some quick rules, judges list and explaining the classes. ( marz or c idea? remind me and ill give credit for 2 classes )

guidelines for thread.
if posting your pics user must provide class they are entering, strain name and date taken.
every user is allowed unlimited entries, but all posts and pics containing each plant must be separate for each entry. might want to write on your cups lol.

general rules.
1. all roots must be contained within the cup.
2. no pumps, but bottom feeding IS allowed.
3. can use a photo strain or auto. but flowering must be under 12/12 lighting.
4. seed people can run veg light schedule until the 14th.

stock solo cup class.
2. no more then 4 drainage holes. hempy still falls under this class.

modified 18oz class.
1. container must be under 18oz. doesn't have to be a solo cup.
2. all contestants must provide proof of size of there cup. and can be called to prove at any time.

judges contest rules will be the same as modified class. and same general rules. they can also just use a regular solo cup if they wish dont have to be modified.

for the judging, it will be divided into 2 sections. 3 judges for each section. the judges are allowed to have an entry aswell. it will be in its own class and voted on by the contestants, reverse judging! (light addicts idea)
judging will be based on appearance only, size of plant or final weight has no bearing on this part of the contest. and this portion will be judged after all final before chop pictures are submitted.
also judges will have the authority to disqualify you if your not following the guidelines or rules. my involvement will be with the judges, i wont be judging im basically just organizing it all so i cant compete with everyone else. but i still wanna play! out of my league now but i still wanna play hahaha

judges will be
WildJim
LightAddict
Cajuncelt

more to come.

winners in both category's will be divided into 2 sections. a winner for heaviest dry weight. and a winner decided by our 3 judges of overall appearance. in both classes.

users in contest.
PeytonManning
TuzoMagnus
marzbadrock
devilish
Tropical Thai
sunnymonster
closetorganic
c526
Cruizer
daddymac219
COorganics
B A R
joedaddy805
Ricorico

and anyone who joins between now and then.

let me know if i left anything out?

Don't forget my name in the contest buddy..

Oh Stumped, you forgot to mention that all the final product will be shipped to me to be able to properly judge aroma, taste and potency!

Clarification on the rules for cloning please. Do we take our cuttings on the 1st Oct? Yes? Seems fair to me. Taking them before that would be cheating I would think. The first one to get roots on their clone will have a huge advantage.

Clarification on the rules for cloning please. Do we take our cuttings on the 1st Oct? Yes? Seems fair to me. Taking them before that would be cheating I would think. The first one to get roots on their clone will have a huge advantage.

Clones get planted on the 14th. Up to the grower to time his clones. Some get roots in a week some 2 some 3.
Idea is to have a rooted clone on the 14th.

Back
Top Bottom