Spring Sippin' With MEVOOP, Bubba Kush & Amnesia Lemon

This looks interesting Aspen!

I'm not a SIPer but I'm a big fan of SIP grows, so I'll be hanging around to watch what happens.

Can I have a seat near the restroom?

Hey everyone! We're now on day 6 and everything is looking really good. They have been receiving 6.4 PH RO water that has 7 ppm (0.5 EC scale), so today I added a bit of calmag and watered from the bottom like normal.

:ciao:

This looks interesting Aspen!

I'm not a SIPer but I'm a big fan of SIP grows, so I'll be hanging around to watch what happens.

Can I have a seat near the restroom?

Always welcome GDB!

Hi everyone! Easy update today. Their cups seemed a bit on the heavy side so I didn't water them yesterday. Today, however, is time for their first feed. I will be using Fox Farms Dirty Dozen kit, plus Cal-Mag and PH up, PH down. Here's the chart I'm using:

1683744080144.png

It's an excel document that I'm able to scale up or down the feeding volume and concentration. By changing the 'gallons' and 'strength' boxes in the top left, I'm able to precisely and efficiently see how much of what needs to be applied. The numbers are all in ml except for the powders highlighted in purple. By the time those are in use in week 4, I'm mixing by the gallon anyway so there's usually no conversion needed.

Note: I don't use Wholly Mackerel or Kelp Me Kelp You. It didn't come in the original kit I purchased and the last grow went fine without it. I also do not use Flowers Kiss as it's a foliar spray. I may do some reading on that for this grow, or I may just not use it again. The only thing I add in addition to what you see above is Cal-Mag. I received a large deficiency last time around because I waited to use cal-mag because "my tap water is hard already". Well, the plants needed more, so for this cycle they'll be getting cal-mag with every feed.

They received the 'Seedling' week at half strength. I generally do a feed, water, feed, water pattern which worked really well, so I'll be repeating that pattern. PH: 6.4 and PPM at 330.

We have roots! I actually saw a singular root at day 5, so just 3 days later all 3 cups have quite a bit of roots already reaching the bottom of the cups. Very nice to see!

So far so good! Not a whole lot of action right now, and that's what we like right? I'm estimating they'll be up-potted into their final 5 gallon SIPs in about 11 days or so.

Thanks for coming in!

Nice white roots!

So far so good! Thanks Shed!

Damn I love how well you’re able to automate stuff!
Hat excel doc woulda been huge when I was using bottles

Thanks Lootz! Yeah, I quickly realized I needed a solution after manually converting tsp to ml (I prefer ml...way more accurate!) a few times. Then we have strength values, and am I mixing a full gallon or just half? That changes the amounts too. It got cumbersome and I'm not even convinced what I was doing before was completely accurate anyway. This way I know for sure (as long as the formulas are right, which of course they are lol!) everything is where it needs to be.

Hey everyone! Happy Monday to all, and I hope it's awesome for everyone. The plants are doing their plant thing rather nicely. They were fed this morning and all of them seem happy as a clam. The MEVOOP and Bubba Kush have a ton of roots all the way down to the bottom of the cups, whereas the Amnesia Lemon doesn't have near the amount as the other two. Seems strange, but could be strain specific. Other than some slight discoloration on the Amnesia Lemon's first set of leaves everything looks great. I'll keep a mental note to observe her more closely over the next week or so and we'll see what happens.

The KS2500 light is being raised to maintain 18" away from the tops @ 50% power. The nodal spacing is right where I want to see it, so we'll continue that route for another few days and then I'll increase the power to 75% (as recommended by ViparSpectra).

We're about 6 days away from them being transplanted into their final 5 gallon SIP containers. I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but all 3 will be quadlined when the time comes, so we'll have a bit more action then just seedling pics!

Thanks for coming in!

Highya AC,

Have you done a quadline training before? It used to be popular last year or the year before. Some great looking colas though!! Will be fun to watch! Happy Smokin'

Highya AC,

Have you done a quadline training before? It used to be popular last year or the year before. Some great looking colas though!! Will be fun to watch! Happy Smokin'
Do you mind me asking what is quadline training. I am always looking to learn something new.

Highya AC,

Hey Bode! My last grow, the Alaskan Purple and Blueberries, were all quadlined. And the grow before that (4 years ago now...) was a mainline manifold. I just love the training capabilities of these plants so I tend to go a more hands-on route. I am using 5 gallon SIP containers that are going to be on wheels so I can rotate and move them around if needed. Can't do that with a screen or net, however, if the net is attached to the bucket then it'll be mobile. I've thought about designing something that could accommodate something like that, but the quadline method essentially does what a net does anyway so I'm not sure the effort would be worth it.

Just lovely :popcorn:

Thanks Danishoes! Glad you're here!

Do you mind me asking what is quadline training. I am always looking to learn something new.

Hey Keith! Looks like Shed got ya the link already. I chose quadline because I really enjoy training these plants, and quad is an opportunity to grow many tops in a smaller horizontal footprint without the need of a net. I can get pretty obsessive about leaf and node placement and I found that quadline gives me the amount of control I want.

They're cruising right along Aspen! :thumb:

Here ya go!

Thank you Shed! For the words, and the link!

Quick question for anyone out there: how important is high humidity during the veg stage? My last grow I set up a complicated system of automatically monitoring and adjusting the humidity to maintain a range between 65% and 75%. Without that system (it's DIY, not a plug-and-play like ACI or Vivosun...yet!) I'm holding around 56% humidity. I could set it up again, sure, or let the laziness creep in and go without this time.

I think I've spotted a few folks in here who don't worry about humidity during veg. So what do you think? Does high humidity during veg matter that much?

Quick question for anyone out there: how important is high humidity during the veg stage? My last grow I set up a complicated system of automatically monitoring and adjusting the humidity to maintain a range between 65% and 75%. Without that system (it's DIY, not a plug-and-play like ACI or Vivosun...yet!) I'm holding around 56% humidity. I could set it up again, sure, or let the laziness creep in and go without this time.

I think I've spotted a few folks in here who don't worry about humidity during veg. So what do you think? Does high humidity during veg matter that much?
It's one of those things where some growers saw a benefit, and others didn't.
There are vpd charts floating around which some growers swear by, but I haven't seen a side by side grow yet that shows any real results for or against them.
I see it as one of those things where you have to decide for yourself whether the results justify the effort or expense of keeping it within the parameters of the charts.
It would require me to reset the environment of the entire house to follow them, so for me it's not worth it.

Thanks everyone! It's really just a matter of moving the system from the drying tent to this tent...wouldn't take a lot of effort. But since it's 'close enough' I won't worry about it. It's fairly humid here in the PNW right now, but that may not be the case in a couple weeks. If it gets too low I'll hook everything up.

Awesome start to what’s definitely going to be a great journal! Not a SIP guy myself, only because I haven’t tried it yet lol, but it’s certainly getting more and more intriguing! Everything looks awesome!
Currently growing an Amnesia Lemon myself in DWC. She’s about 6 weeks from harvest, looks awesome, and my better half says it smells crazy strong and potent. Good luck. I’ll be around peeking in :ganjamon:

Ps: Here’s what you have to look forward too.

IMG_2786_Original.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom