Stanks Switch It Up In 2019

Ok, just checking to make sure I was still here! :hmmmm:

Been a bit....things have been hectic around the farm. I was stuck in trim prison for about 10 days and then I took a week or two off to recover from that madness.

I hope all of you have been well and your plants even better! :thumb:

Lets share some of the outdoor girls and how they've grown in the last couple weeks. First thing....we had some major storms roll through a while back and it snapped my big Afghani girl right at the base of the soil. I came out in the morning and found her leaning against the rail at a 20 degree angle. Not something I was happy with but Dr. Stank went into action. I 'tri-staked' her up with Nurse Stank's help, and taped the stem up as well as I could.

The tri stake pulls with constant pressure from all three points so the main stem can't move. The plant wasn't happy at all when it happened and I thought for sure that she was a gonner. But here we are a good three weeks later and she's regained some of her posture and has continued to flower out. I went from thinking I wasn't going have any night time meds from her, to thinking I'll see about a 50% harvest due to the stress she endured. I say 50% based off the flowers are about half of the size that they should be. Thats Ok, I will take anything I can get from her as a bonus! :Rasta:

What else......a bit more not so good news on the outdoor plants. The Jack Herer has a bit of funk or rot going with the base of the stem.

Never had a plant show this before so I have no clue what it is or what caused it. Its slowly been getting more and evident over the last 3-4 weeks. No clue what to try to counter it or if its even possible so I'm just going to let it ride unless anyone here has any input. Here's what she's looking like from the topside view

Now...lets move on to some better visuals!! :bongrip: The Sour Cherries is just something else! She's moving along really quickly and its a race between her and the DTF to see who is going to be harvested first.

I Hate that she and most of the other outdoor girls are yellowing so much but that's what they do at this point in flower when you grow outdoors. She is just MASSIVE. Any predictions on yield?? She's about six feet across.

Here's the last of the deck girls.....she's rolling along and starting to dense up really nicely. Hope that the weather will cooperate and give another 2-3 weeks for her and the other girls the plump up!

That was fun!! Typing this high ain't easy for a blind dude and I keep finding I have to reread everything three times and fix shit each time. Like why can't I find all the mistakes and fix them in one shot? NOPE, lets do it the difficult way! :lot-o-toke:

So what else......the Fence bunch!

They continue to really bulk up over the last two weeks.

DTF - Flower Day 45 ish

Really digging the DTFs I have going this round (More to come below). This one will likely be the first to finish based of what I am seeing and feeling. Gonna give her another week and then take a tester to scope for a better peek.

Stankberry - Flower Day 38ish

She is really yellowing up over the last week or two.....but thats also when she has really started to bulk up.....so she's gonna do what she's gonna do. I have been giving them a couple tablespoons of top dressings every two weeks through flower.

KBTF - Flower Day 44ish

Only thing I'm going to say about this girl is that I am NOT looking forward to trimming her! :eek:

Super Silver Haze - Flower Day 38ish

This thing is just freaking massive. Thankfully she is yellowing up and dropping a lot of her leaves so no real need for me to do much work on her. Gonna make trimming and harvesting a breeze if she can make it (we have had a few nights in the upper 30s here already). She realistically is going to need another month to be ready if not more. Could be a likely candidate for hash if I can't get her to the finish line.

Sour Pineapple - Flower Day 43ish

She's pushing hard these past 2 weeks and has added a lot of bulk. She's got to dense up a bit as she's still kinda fluffy but she is a sativa so there might not a be a whole lot of density to her.....we'll see.

Blue Dream - Flower Day 28ish

We got a hell of a stretch outta this girl but she was slow to actually start flowering. After all was said and done she still came in at 7 feet tall despite being growing in a modified quadline. She's another one that will likely not make it to the finish line and will become a Hash project.

Durban - Flower Day 40ish

This lady is being grown in a 5 gallon pot with only about 4 gallons of soil in it. Very impressed with her size and potential yield!

DTF #2 - Flower Day 42ish

She's also being grown in a 5 gallon, but with a full 5 gallons of soil. I have to keep her pinned with the rocks to keep her from being blown over. Unlike the other DTF, this one is starting to show colors.

Only til late October, looks like! :ganjamon:

Hey Van, ladies are looking great. I can’t imagine how much work that all is. Have you thought about getting a trimming machine or something like that? Anyhow, looks good, keep up the great work! :thumb:

Hope your weather holds out, those sativa leaners will be really nice if they finish. I’ve pretty much said screw sports it’s all politicized now so it’s ancient history for me.

Only til late October, looks like! :ganjamon:

Hey Van, ladies are looking great. I can’t imagine how much work that all is. Have you thought about getting a trimming machine or something like that? Anyhow, looks good, keep up the great work! :thumb:
I just heard they decided to give it a go. No surprise....lol.

Thanks!! It does take a bit of work and when the back and neck kick in, makes it really challenging. The neck has been a killer here lately. Only way to get it to let up is to lay down and I hate laying down or around and just tend to fall asleep. That doesn't lead to a lot of production LOL.

I have thought about a trimming machine and I very may end up going to one if the neck doesn't get better.

Kinda nervous for the upcoming weekend weather.....we are having temps in the low 30s. At least its staying dry. Supposed to warm up after the weekend. This is too early for these temps!!

:bravo: nice work rolling with the weather punches VS! Still Looking pretty good all ‘round and some very fat looking buds all over the place.
:thumb:

Thanks Amy! I'm pretty pleased with the outdoor girls this season. Can't wait to get a Greenhouse though....will make the nights like this weekend a bit less stressful!

What a great smell your place must have or will soon. You're killing the yard grow Van!:bravo: Not to mention all the trimming you just did too!

I have to say there is no disguising the smell out here on the farm Otter. You know something is amiss as soon you pull up LOL. Luckily we live in the boonies and the dogs scare off anyone wondering too close that shouldn't here.

Hope your weather holds out, those sativa leaners will be really nice if they finish. I’ve pretty much said screw sports it’s all politicized now so it’s ancient history for me.

Me too brother!! I've been cutting small splotches of bud rot on a couple plants already.

I'm right there with you on the sports as well. About the only thing we watch anymore is MMA.....they been smart enough to keep this social justice political crap out of it. I heard the ratings for the first week of the NFL season is down like 20%+. That doesn't bode well for the league considering people are looking for anything new and fresh to watch. I bet those numbers continue to drop if they continue with it.

Hello Van, just came across your Journal! Thats some beautiful plants you have there Sir!!
Hey there DYR! Welcome , nice to have a new face around. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have! Snacks and drinks are in the corner.

Highya VS,

Love your update! Some very nice looking buddage you have!! I've never seen a rot at the ground level!! Have you tried an organic fungicide? Can't imagine what would work.
I used to have the same phenomenon with the leaves yellowing in the fall. So this year I urinated (watered down) on them and no more yellow leaves (so far).
I grew a couple super silver haze autos (freebies) a couple years ago. They were great. They are mould resistant, and they survived snow a couple times. Great grows for me.
No hurricanes here this weekend. Should be great although a little cool! Happy Smokin'

Highya VS,

Love your update! Some very nice looking buddage you have!! I've never seen a rot at the ground level!! Have you tried an organic fungicide? Can't imagine what would work.
I used to have the same phenomenon with the leaves yellowing in the fall. So this year I urinated (watered down) on them and no more yellow leaves (so far).
I grew a couple super silver haze autos (freebies) a couple years ago. They were great. They are mould resistant, and they survived snow a couple times. Great grows for me.
No hurricanes here this weekend. Should be great although a little cool! Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode.....yeah I am kind of left scratching my head on what caused that stem issue. Seems to effect the leaves in the areas that are shoots going up from that point. Doesn't seem to have effected the side branching though. Very odd.

Yellowing.....eh....no big deal, part of what nature does when its not being crammed with a bunch of artificial nutes. Lots of energy and good stuff saved up in those leaves and they are putting it to good use!

Definitely cooling down. Found my first PM on a small plant outdoors. Thinking about just chopping and burning since its the only one that has showed and its small. Probably won't yield more than 3-4 ounces so I figure why keep a ticking time bomb near my other plants.

What an enormous amount of trimming.:thedoubletake: I'm worn out just thinking :hmmmm:about having to trim those monsters. Good luck Van
I am working on a plan. Well two actually lol. One involves help from a friend *nudges* @FutRfarmer , and the second is kind of an ongoing plan as they get closer to harvest.

I figure I will do most of my trimming while they are still growing. That way I'm not committed to anything, if i get tired or am hurting, I just stop and no big deal. Pick up the next day.....worse that will happen is it will bulk up a bit more overnight. As I finish a branch, cut it off, bud wash and hang. If I get bored with one plant, just move to another do what I want. If it ain't fully ready, trim off the biggest fans and come back for the smaller stuff in a few more days. This approach also will allow to get the best colas first off all the different plants and work my way down to the 'lower' stuff.

Now admittedly, there is a lot of potential for monkey wrenches like lots of late september and early october rain. If thats a daily thing here, then I can pretty much scrap that plan and move forward with a more rapid paced harvest. That plan would be to do a very fast fan leaf plucking, followed by bud washing and hang dry. All the detail work would be in the form of dry trim.

Third option is to invest in a trimmer of some sort. That would probably be the smartest thing to do with the amount of trimming in my immediate future. I have some indoor girls coming ready starting next week as well.

One thing I have noticed is that I don't think there will be a whole lot of trimming on the outdoor girls. Most of them are eating all their big fan leaves and they just fall off or get plucked.

Evening, or morning technically!

Hope everyone is well and staying medicated :Rasta:

We have another outdoor update today, so lets just jump right into it.

The first lady up is a cut off the Durban we ran earlier in the year from Sensi Seeds. She's in a 5 gallon pot and has been getting water only while being grown in used soil. I have given her 2 top dressing in flower. I think she's got another week or two.

Durban - Clone - Sensi Seeds

Second up is Blue Dream from Seed from Humboldt Seeds. She's the slowest of all the outdoor girls and will need at least a month to finish.

Blue Dream - Fem - Humboldt Seed Organization

Next is our small DTF. I've got three DTF girls growing currently, this one is in a 5 gallon pot and is the only one showing any colors. This lady is water only with two top dressings as well in flower. She's really gotten much denser in the last week. I'm figuring she has 2 weeks or so to go if the weather will permit it. The other two DTFs have remained completely green.

DTF #1 - Reg - Stank Genetics

Speaking of one of the other DTF girls.....here's the one is the 20 gallon pot.

DTF #2 -Reg - Stank Genetics

Up next is one that I am getting really excited about. I didn't hold out much hope for this girl being a blueberry leaning pheno of the Stankberry initially but she has taken a turn for the better. I am definitely getting blueberries from her when I squeeze her. Glad I took a cut off her! The buds are really densing up nicely. I am hoping to give her at least 2 more weeks.

Stankberry - Reg - Stank Genetics

Sour Pineapple - Reg - Annunaki Genetics

Last girl for this update is the big xmas tree girl. She's really been fading and dropping her leaves as they yellow and she's starting to get some color to her. I have to break out the ladder to get a good pic of her from the top since she's almost 9' tall. Buds are surprisingly dense for where she is in flower.

Super Silver Haze - Fem - Greenhouse Seeds

I've got a few more outdoor girls to get to on the next update and then we'll switch back to some of the indoor girls that we just flipped.

We chopped the MOB from TH Seeds on Monday. Her colas were too big for me too let her go any longer. Every time I have let the girls with huge colas go longer, I end up losing a good portion to bud rot.......not this time. She came down on day 55 despite the fact she was still drinking pretty good. That's generally the sign I am looking for to harvest.....the plant has slowed down greatly.

I am chopping the Killer A5 Haze tomorrow, with few more to come down next week (BCP, Green Crack, 8-Ball Kush, and Super Northern Lights) so I'll be back in trim jail for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom