Starting This Journal For You Guys At Start Of Flower - AK47 Bush!

Seriously thats sum amazing growth, I know serious seeds are awesome though. If I remember correctly my AK`s didnt show much resin until day 28 so you shud be on a winner there, I remember becus it was so late, resin usually shows around day 14-21 along with the first flowers

Seriously thats sum amazing growth, I know serious seeds are awesome though. If I remember correctly my AK`s didnt show much resin until day 28 so you shud be on a winner there, I remember becus it was so late, resin usually shows around day 14-21 along with the first flowers

The seeds may have been SS but to be honest I don't know. I ordered them from Marijuana seeds from Amsterdam - Marijuana Seed Shop in Amsterdam. They say they only get their seeds from the best breeders but they don't give the names out.

I love this plant don't get me wrong but just the fact that you never know exactly what breeder it came from I won't be ordering from them anymore. Especially with the awesome experience I just had ordering from Herbies.

this thread is great! personally i love using the airpots they are great grow containers with a lot of aeration.
Smart pots work just as well!

I found out early that one huge bonus to the air post is that it's so simple to tie branches down with them using the holes in the pot. All I do is cut a piece of standard 20 gauge electrical wire about a foot long and stick one end a few inches into a hole in the pot and then take the other end of the wire and go up over the branch I want to tie down and back down to another hole in the airpot. I can push one end of the wire further in the pot and pull the branch down. No knots, no tape and you can set it at any length in 2 seconds. Love it!

I also just ordered a few 10 gallon and a 15 for later grows. Now I will have several in each size from 0.3 gallon to 15

She was thirsty this morning. Gave her 1.2 gallons of water along with 1tsp per gallon of Blackstrap molasses and 1tsp per gallon CalMag. Ph'ed to 7.0 and bubbled for a few hours. The drink came in at 300ppm and the runoff came in at 5.9 and 620ppm so she must be eating quite a bit.

With those numbers the last week or so has me wondering if I need to feed her more. Ive been around 1100ppm with runoff less than half that. I'm also considering culling a few of the small popcorn bud sites I think I see. Maybe I can post some pics and get your input to see if you guys agree. Basically halfway up the plant I have several small branch off shoots that have a small bud site on each of them. The branch offshoots are very small branches with the branch itself about the diameter of a metal coat hanger wire. I could cull around 6-8 of those that size.

i noticed that in your grow journal that you list the ammount of PPM in the water/runoff. How does that relate to how much water and nutrients the plant is intaking? Also how humid is your grow tent?

i noticed that in your grow journal that you list the ammount of PPM in the water/runoff. How does that relate to how much water and nutrients the plant is intaking? Also how humid is your grow tent?

Reading run off ppm to see what way to go with food or water needs gives you a good idea of what way to go. More food or less..
you want a couple hundred less ppm or ec for run off as you last fed with. youll want ph to remain pretty close to whats used for waters and feeds as well. if ppm is higher, than food is building up in the soil and you will probably see drop in ph because of it. If food needs may need increased then ppm will be fair bit lower than last feed and ph might rise. and this ph also may show an effect depending on what elements the plant has taken from the medium and what ones it may have left to move ph up or down but most cases works as posted. your good to be about 200ppm lower than last feeds to be on track.

In my case my runoff is 550+ ppm less than I'm feeding so I know the plant is uptaking some if not all of some of the elements I'm putting in. If 1100ppm are going in and 500-600 are coming out I think...but I could be wrong, that the plant can handle a little more than I'm giving her.

I could be wrong on all of this above but maybe a few really experienced guys can weigh in on this one too???

Oh yea, My humidity is always between 48-57%

Day 16 of flower update pics.
IMG_042434.JPG
IMG_042336.JPG
IMG_042029.JPG
IMG_041834.JPG
IMG_041736.JPG
IMG_041636.JPG
IMG_041436.JPG

Soooooo. Any guesses on what the wet and dry weight will be?

At this point and through the rest of flower I have 390 actual LED watts in the room. 285 of which are Advanced LED and 105 actual W from a MARS UFO. The plant gets rotated 180 degrees once per day.

As this is my first grow I have no clue at all as what to guess and nothing to base a guess on. That being said my guess is 120g dry?? lol I could be off by 3 miles though. Actually 120g is my hope. I'm almost afraid to say I think it may be higher.

Today she is 38 inches wide from leaf tip to leaf tip and 23 tall. About 23 flower sites at the top.

A grower that has been doing it for awhile will average one gram per watt. So with you hoping for 120, that doesn't seem too far off base! Im a big user of LED's as well as cfl's. I see you said your plant gets rotated daily. You might want to spend some more time reading about the following; LED's as I've read that its not good to rotate your plants only your light. I know that sounds goofy as I know they have the light movers but in a way it makes sense though as well. I can see the light mover going back and forth but to change the amount of rays those LED's are putting out, well I just don't know! How far do you plan to keep your LED from your canopy while they are in flower?

I've never rotated my plants around only the lights and I don't move the lights often. But your plant looks good so I guess if thats what you've been doing then keep on keeping on! Good luck with it all, take care!!

A grower that has been doing it for awhile will average one gram per watt. So with you hoping for 120, that doesn't seem too far off base! Im a big user of LED's as well as cfl's. I see you said your plant gets rotated daily. You might want to spend some more time reading about the following; LED's as I've read that its not good to rotate your plants only your light. I know that sounds goofy as I know they have the light movers but in a way it makes sense though as well. I can see the light mover going back and forth but to change the amount of rays those LED's are putting out, well I just don't know! How far do you plan to keep your LED from your canopy while they are in flower?

I've never rotated my plants around only the lights and I don't move the lights often. But your plant looks good so I guess if thats what you've been doing then keep on keeping on! Good luck with it all, take care!!

I've rotated the plant one or more times a day since about the 3rd week of veg. I didn't know anything about not doing that using LED's. Don't seem to have hurt me but who knows I guess. The 3 LED's are currently 14 inches above the canopy. The LED's are as follows; 1X 300W Advanced (185 actual) and 1X 150W Advanced (100 actual) and 1X 180W Mars UFO (105 actual).

I do have a 450W Advanced but not using it. I am liking using the 3 lights I'm currently using because using the 3 it's more modular and it's providing really good plant coverage. Helps keep the LED's at a set distance above all parts of the canopy too.

Is she beginning to yellow Fan or is that the picture?

No, it's my darn camera. I can't get it to stop making it look like that lol. Plant is all a uniform green.:thumb:

She was slightly droopy in the photo's though because I just watered her. She has done that since day one after water for just an hour or 2.

Finally. I'm done with distilled water. My reverse osmosis with de-ionizing filter unit came in today. Hooked it up, flushed the filter system and filled a jug. Tested at 6.5ph and 002ppm TDS vs straight from the tap at 8.2 and 290ppm TDS. YES!

:thumb:

That may be the best $80 I spent

Was feed day today. She felt really light this afternoon.
1.25 gallons in total

(2 Tsp Grow Big + 2 tsp Tiger Bloom +1TBS Big Bloom + 1/2 tsp Beastie Bloom + 1 1/4 tsp Calmag per gallon).

Shes starting to fill in on the bud sites. She's looking really well overall. I do have several very bottom leaves that have turned a pale soggy looking yellow and have shriveled up and fallen off. Have several fans with little brown spots too. This girl loves to eat calmag.

Flush was a MUST

Well, today I flushed her out.
She was showing def signs and red leaf stems along with yellowing lower fans and some more Cal or Mag related problems.

Flushed her with 15 gallons of RO water. I added 1 gallon of water to her and ph tested the soil. At the bottom of the pot the ph was 5.6 and the runoff was 5.6 at 550ppm.

Added 1tsp Sledgehammer to the next gallon and then plain RO water for the next 12 gallons or so. After that the soil at the bottom of the pot was 6.5 and the runoff was 6.5 at 80ppm.

To the last gallon I fed 3/4 strength bloom nutes and 1/4 strength grow nutes for a bit of Nitrogen I think she was lacking with minor lockout.

She never sagged after the flush but instead her leaves are all standing up stretching towards the light and I'm shocked but the red leaf stems are still red but lots less than they were and the flush was only 4 hours ago.

She's so much happier now. I didn't realize she needed the flush quite that bad. I'll post some pics probably today or tomorrow for you guys. She just finished her 3rd week of flower and today marks the first day of the 4th week starting. She is really budding now. There is resin everywhere and there are already bud nodes that have pretty much grown together into 5-6 inch buds! ALREADY! We still have weeks to go lol.

Re: Flush was a MUST

HERE IS A FEW PICS OF HER TODAY AFTER 5 HOURS AFTER THE FLUSH. 22 DAYS INTO FLOWER WITH 4-6 WEEKS LEFT TO GO

HERE IS HER OUTSIDE VERY BOTTOM BRANCHES ARE JUST AS DOMINANT AS THE TOP ONES!
IMG_044133.JPG
IMG_043929.JPG
IMG_043826.JPG
IMG_043736.JPG
IMG_043634.JPG
IMG_043528.JPG

Back
Top Bottom