Stix First Hydro Grow

which 3 strains would you like to see grown first?

• White Widow (Dutch Passion)

Votes: 145 50.2%
  • Oasis (Dutch Passion)

Votes: 33 11.4%
  • Blueberry (Dutch Passion)

Votes: 148 51.2%
  • Strawberry Cough (Dutch Passion)

Votes: 104 36.0%
  • Orange Bud (Dutch Passion)

Votes: 72 24.9%
  • Skywalker (Dutch Passion)

Votes: 81 28.0%
  • Northern Lights (NL)

Votes: 130 45.0%

• Total voters
Re: StiX` First Hydro Grow

thanks DaHui!
Ok, I just started another thread. It's just for the test grow. I really didnt wanna fill this thread up with the test grow then the good grow. I want this thread to be just for the good grow. Make sense:scratchinghead: I'll update this thread as soon as the (rest) of the good seeds come in. In the meantime feel free to check out the guinea pigs at
Stix Test Grow

MORE SEEDS CAME TODAY!!!!!!
just received my Skywalker and White Widow :grinjoint:

I now have
20 seeds White Widow
20 seeds Skywalker
10 seeds orange bud
10 seeds Blueberry
10 seeds Strawberry Cough
10 seeds Oasis

Still waiting on
10 seeds Northern Lights
10 seeds Grapefruit

I'm starting to worry about, growing 3 different strains in 1 hydro system. SmokeyMacPot made an interesting point in my test grow thread.
He said I could have problems growing different strains at the same time because some strains require more nutes then others. If that was the only prob, I would probally go for it. But his second point was the fact that some strains could be ready to harvest before others. Lets just say that my white widow is ready to harvest a week or 2 before my NL or Blueberry i would be screwed cause i would have to clear all the nutes a week prior to harvest. So, with that said, would it make sense for me to just grow, say, 3 white widow and make 18 clones? Any ideas would be great right about now. Help me out guys. what should I do????????

smokey has made a good point but i think if u had a few and had to clean the water out a few weeks early i think the plants would be fine wihtout those extra nuets for the last few weeks .. the one thing i would do is try to find a few starins that are closest to each other .. meanin in flowerin time and things like that and do a few different strains at once shit maybe even 2. grow it out see they act to having different straing in the setup. if that works fine try three next and so on

well, it looks like white widow - blueberry and Northern lights are winning in the poll. Has anyone actually grown white widow and blueberry at the same time in a hydro set-up. I have read that blueberry isnt exactly the easiest strain to grow. That may present a prob with the white widow, if I have to change shit up in the middle of the grow cause the blueberry is being a bitch.

The last of my seeds came today :grinjoint:
Grapefruit and Northern lights Feminized
They also gave me 30 free seeds. dunno why, I guess cause the order was so large. I'm not complaining!

they gave me for free
10 Golden Skush
10 Gypsy's Magical Mystery Mix (whatever that is)
10 South African Durban Poison crossed with Skunk #1

yeah, I really wanna grow 3 strains at once. I just dont wanna fuck up my first grow. I really need it to produce for me. We'll see I guess.

I'm thinking of adding 6 pots of soil. That way I can see how (good) hydro really is compaired to soil. I know hydro will be faster, but I wanna see the weight difference even if I have to veg my soil longer. It's just a thought for now, we'll see.

hey stix...

not to alarm you or anything...but with all those lights and stuff for your system...do you think you're electricity bill will jump quite a bit? only reason I ask is because i've read other threads on 420 where people have gotten arrested after the meter reader's tip off police about your electrical consumption.

Not that worried about the electricity yet!, I'll worry when all lights are on and all systems are running. If it presents a prob later, I'll deal with it then. I figured on $50-$75 increase a month. We'll see.

I ran into another prob. This time its the rainforest. It can't accomodate 18 growing MJ plants at once. The plants are just to big, the test plants are extremely bushy which is good! But 1 rainforest just cant handle the load. So, I went and got another one. While I was there I decided to get a 6 bucket drip system to house my mother plants. This way, I can clone and keep harvesting every 2 months. I'm gonna have to get a light rail for the 400 MH light I have in there. I would rather just get another light. But the rail is much more cheaper to run. I am trying to keep my electric usage down to avoid any red flags. I'll have pictures of the (NEW) veg room later on tonight.

OK, I decided to grow only 1 strain this time. I wanna reduce possibilites of something going wrong on my 1st Good Grow. If everything goes smoothly then I will definately do more then 1 next grow. It sucks that I'm not sticking with the poll I started, but I hope all of you understand.

White Widow has come in 1st on the poll, so that's what I will be growing 1st.

I germinated the seeds tonight.

I simply placed a paper towell in the bottom tray of my seedling humidor thing.

Soaked it with water that has been sitting out for a couple weeks in my
spray gun.

Placed the seeds on the paper towel

Folded the paper towel in half over the seeds and soaked it a little more.

Put the lid on and placed it in the veg room in total darkness.

I am a bit concerned about the appearance of the WW seeds. They are very small and light colored.

I've posted pictures of the 2 new systems I've added to the grow room.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! The reason I'm starting the good grow so soon is because I'm growing 6 Mother Plants now, So I can take 18 clones off them in a month. By the time my test grow is ready to harvest my good grow clones will be ready to flower! Atleast I think so :hmmmm:

Here's my original rainforest

systems2.jpg

My New Rainforest

systems41.jpg

My 6 Plant Drip System for the mothers

systems31.jpg

yeah dude...those look really light. i don't know if they're mature...mine were kinda smaller than bag seed...but definitely dark. The darker brown the better...shows the seeds maturity.

Back
Top Bottom