Stoned Ape Blue Meanie lC Attempt

I got blue Meanie spores about 3years ago and had a few grows. A few fails as well. Seeing this fungi part of the forum got me excited to get back into it. I dug out an old spore print and made 4syringes and grew those out using pf tek and uncle Ben's. I am using a flow hood now which gave 100%this time. I chose on of the larger fruits and transferred it to agar plates and am growing those out and plan to go liquid culture after that. Spores or grow kits are next to impossible to get here that's why I need to go down this road. But it's oneI really enjoy.
IMG_20231117_161825.jpg
IMG_20231117_161825.jpg
IMG_20231113_152749.jpg
IMG_20231104_172317.jpg
IMG_20231108_183531.jpg
IMG_20231104_172341.jpg

I got blue Meanie spores about 3years ago and had a few grows. A few fails as well. Seeing this fungi part of the forum got me excited to get back into it. I dug out an old spore print and made 4syringes and grew those out using pf tek and uncle Ben's. I am using a flow hood now which gave 100%this time. I chose on of the larger fruits and transferred it to agar plates and am growing those out and plan to go liquid culture after that. Spores or grow kits are next to impossible to get here that's why I need to go down this road. But it's oneI really enjoy.
IMG_20231117_161825.jpg
IMG_20231117_161825.jpg
IMG_20231113_152749.jpg
IMG_20231104_172317.jpg
IMG_20231108_183531.jpg
IMG_20231104_172341.jpg
That’s awesome 👏 I’m glad to see another member who is enjoying mushies too. I used to pick them in cow pastures in Florida but now I’m starting my first attempt at growing some Purple Mystic 🧙‍♂️. CL🍀. :thumb: :woohoo:

Thanks captain. I have never picked them but saw an amanita muscaria when I was in my 20s but left it alone.but I defiantly look down when I walk around these days. I have seen so many different types of fungi within a 400 meter radius from my place it's crazy but no magic yet. That's despite me dumping a bunch of spores in the park.

Greetings Stoned Ape
Your agar plates and fruits look great. Congrats on the flow hood too!

I first started growing shroomz back in college in the mid 80's. Used to lose lots of spawn jars due to contamination. No still air box or flow hood back in those days. Used lysol spray in our bathroom for our lab lol. Far from ideal conditions.
Despite these conditions we where somewhat successful growing them with straw and peat moss casings.

Then the real fun came living in Puerto Roco. Thats what the Flinstones would have called Puerto Rico. We used to pick them in the cow fields in the rainy season. Loads of fun sneaking into the fields early in the morning and once got chased by a pissed off bull.

Fast forward to present day......got some spore prints and propogated them on agar plates. Now I just do simple grain to grain transfers in a still air box to keep my spawn jars going and use cvg substrate in 6 quart shoe boxes to fruit the little buggers.

Greetings Stoned Ape
Your agar plates and fruits look great. Congrats on the flow hood too!

I first started growing shroomz back in college in the mid 80's. Used to lose lots of spawn jars due to contamination. No still air box or flow hood back in those days. Used lysol spray in our bathroom for our lab lol. Far from ideal conditions.
Despite these conditions we where somewhat successful growing them with straw and peat moss casings.

Then the real fun came living in Puerto Roco. Thats what the Flinstones would have called Puerto Rico. We used to pick them in the cow fields in the rainy season. Loads of fun sneaking into the fields early in the morning and once got chased by a pissed off bull.

Fast forward to present day......got some spore prints and propogated them on agar plates. Now I just do simple grain to grain transfers in a still air box to keep my spawn jars going and use cvg substrate in 6 quart shoe boxes to fruit the little buggers.
I was chased out by pissed off land owners a few times but never had any problems with the livestock. lol CL🍀 :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_20231122_182502.jpg
IMG_20231122_181108.jpg
IMG_20231122_181041.jpg
IMG_20231122_181028.jpg

The mono tub is going along OK so far. When I put the uncle Ben's spawn in I put some all the way edge of the container.my logic being that the mycillium will colonise there quickly and out compete any nasty interlopers. The agar has a bit that has me suspicious. In the third pic it seems to be growing around something. Sit back and wait for now.My lc supplies I ordered are on back order so I might have do some stalling tactics. Put it in the fridge to slow it down or keep transferring to different plates. Not sure which way to go yet. But no big deal either way. I think I heard somewhere u can use honey and water to grow lc.

I would love to see some photos of mycelial networks like this taken through doubly polarized light. To do that, you backlight the petri dish with a fixed polarizer between the light source and petri dish, and then put a polarizer on your camera lens. When you adjust the camera polarizer for a dark background magic happens like this pic of a estrogen hormone crystal:

hormon1a.jpg

IMG_20231122_182502.jpg
IMG_20231122_181108.jpg
IMG_20231122_181041.jpg
IMG_20231122_181028.jpg

The mono tub is going along OK so far. When I put the uncle Ben's spawn in I put some all the way edge of the container.my logic being that the mycillium will colonise there quickly and out compete any nasty interlopers. The agar has a bit that has me suspicious. In the third pic it seems to be growing around something. Sit back and wait for now.My lc supplies I ordered are on back order so I might have do some stalling tactics. Put it in the fridge to slow it down or keep transferring to different plates. Not sure which way to go yet. But no big deal either way. I think I heard somewhere u can use honey and water to grow lc.
Those plates are Lab book perfect.....well done

Thanks ramblin.i thought I butchered it. I couldn't find my scalpel and used a hobby knife and the shrooms bits were sticking to it. The mushroom was a bit soggy too. I just love looking at the mycillium. BeccaBuds I love that pic. I went to a fungal art exhibition a couple of years ago at a botanical Gardens in my city. Was great for myco geeks.

They look pretty perfect to me, too. Last time I tried to start spores on agar I failed miserably and got nada.
Yea, @Stoned Ape, that is a cool pic, isn't it? Back in the old days before digital I tried some crystallography with my old Nikon FE with a polarizer on the 50mm lens on extension tubes. Got some awesome photos of sodium and potassium salt crystals that I grew out on glass. It wouldn't be difficult to duplicate the setup. I still have the filters. Could tape one to the phone, one to the lamp.

Back
Top Bottom