Lady Cannafan Shrooming Midwest Grow Kits & Spore Genetics - APE, Blue Meanie & More

Thanks! I removed several of the aborts and they are drying.

I have two tubs of Tidal Wave that are now showing lots of little pins. They have gone into the Ecosphere as Dub Tubs. Should be seeing lots of shrooms in there by the weekend, or during the weekend. :yahoo:

Ya know....I've been trying to get Uncle Ben's brown rice here locally for the past two months. It's always out of stock.
I tried on a whim today with a grocery delivery and snagged two bags of it. Some other mushroom growers were sleeping on the job. :rofl:
That's a super hellllyyeeeaahhh!!!! Can't wait to see the fruits!! 😎✌️

For those of you using the dub tubs/shoeboxes, are you using cut trash bags or some other liner in the box?
I think the moisture that goes down the side of the box is just going under that liner instead of wetting the substrate like it should.
I think on the next one I'm not going to use the liner inside. Maybe tape a piece to the outside to prevent side pinning, or nothing at all.

For those of you using the dub tubs/shoeboxes, are you using cut trash bags or some other liner in the box?
I think the moisture that goes down the side of the box is just going under that liner instead of wetting the substrate like it should.
I think on the next one I'm not going to use the liner inside. Maybe tape a piece to the outside to prevent side pinning, or nothing at all.
I've done it both ways. If I use a plastic liner it worked. It worked without as well. I just use small containers and no liner @ this point. 😎✌️

Definitely use some type of liner. I use black trash bags. In my experience if you don't use a liner not only are the side pins a major pita but the pins on the underside of the substrate are 10x worse. I got lazy ONCE and did not use a liner. I thought to myself......what could possibly go wrong. Well i broke the substrate into 3 pieces to get the shrooms on the bottom. Never again will I do a tub with no liner.

Definitely use some type of liner. I use black trash bags. In my experience if you don't use a liner not only are the side pins a major pita but the pins on the underside of the substrate are 10x worse. I got lazy ONCE and did not use a liner. I thought to myself......what could possibly go wrong. Well i broke the substrate into 3 pieces to get the shrooms on the bottom. Never again will I do a tub with no liner.
I also set my dub tubs on wire chef racks. Maybe the light from the shelf below caused the problem.

I also set my dub tubs on wire chef racks. Maybe the light from the shelf below caused the problem.
The Ecosphere has wire racks. I haven't had a problem with side pinning or bottom pinning because I've used the liner. I was just concerned that moisture was getting trapped under the liner instead of on the substrate. Other than the aborts, I don't see a lot of new action after the first flush of the Blue Meanie tub.

The Ecosphere has wire racks. I haven't had a problem with side pinning or bottom pinning because I've used the liner. I was just concerned that moisture was getting trapped under the liner instead of on the substrate. Other than the aborts, I don't see a lot of new action after the first flush of the Blue Meaning tub.
How long has it been since the first flush?

Last Friday and Saturday. So a few days. How long is it between flushes on a general basis?
I'd say a week or two. If my substrate "cake" is looking dry after the first flush, I remove the cake and soak it for a while in water then carefully place it back in the dub tub and get ready for the second flush. This method doesn't always work out that great but I have had some winners with it.

I'd say a week or two. If my substrate "cake" is looking dry after the first flush, I remove the cake and soak it for a while in water then carefully place it back in the dub tub and get ready for the second flush. This method doesn't always work out that great but I have had some winners with it.
Thanks a bunch! I had no real idea how long to wait between. I've been misting it gently, so I'll be patient and see what it gives. ;-)

Thanks a bunch! I had no real idea how long to wait between. I've been misting it gently, so I'll be patient and see what it gives. ;-)
I am glad all you new shroom heads are getting some fruits. Mushrooms are FUN!!

I am glad all you new shroom heads are getting some fruits. Mushrooms are FUN!!
If I had the time, I would sit and watch them grow. They are very satisfying to watch. Nature at it's best, and a kick ass result within.
I really, really want to do a time lapse. There is just no time right now, and I haven't figured out a way to get a video camera in there to do it without buying a waterproof one. That moisture will kill my vid cam in a hurry. There is NO money for non necessities. LOL
One of these days........

If I had the time, I would sit and watch them grow. They are very satisfying to watch. Nature at it's best, and a kick ass result within.
I really, really want to do a time lapse. There is just no time right now, and I haven't figured out a way to get a video camera in there to do it without buying a waterproof one. That moisture will kill my vid cam in a hurry. There is NO money for non necessities. LOL
One of these days........
They are amazing and very interesting. I am amazed how they grow in the wild without really any signs of contamination but when grown in the "Laboratory " contamination is a huge threat to those delicate mycelium. Nature never ceases to amaze me.

A Mushroom fantasy to start a Sunday.

Mushroom fantasy.jpg

When I first created this photo, it was from a photo of a jelly fish. Now it reminds me of mushroom effects. :dreamy:

Back
Top Bottom