Tok's First Mushroom Diary - Medical First/Recreation

I set the grain jar and the spore syringe out to warm up for tomorrows inoculation.
Did you notice it's starting to look like an assembly line. :rofl:

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

I set the grain jar and the spore syringe out to warm up for tomorrows inoculation.
Did you notice it's starting to look like an assembly line. :rofl:

Tok..
That substrate looks great. Nice update!

Today, I will be inoculating a new 5-grain jar with JMF (Jedi Mind F###).
Things are starting to move along like a service line, with Tidal Wave leading the charge.
Soon I will have shrooms coming out my ears. This is a good thing.

Today I will check on the Tidal Wave tub to see if there is any growth yet.

Then I will check on the Pan Cyan grain jar after the shake and break, just a quick look.

A little later I will inoculate another grain jar with JMF this time.

More to come later today.

That Tidal Wave Sub looks nice and healthy from what I can tell. We are just myconauts lookin' for the knot dots. :laughtwo:
Keep Doin' whatcha' doin' Bruh!

Pearly Gates Tub I did a few months back, really like this one, but I'm going back to 6 quarts to save material and I like to play quite a bit.

Some phat APE pins from a few years ago. I'm huge into edible/medicinals right now as well. I'm addicted to making hardwood blocks. Ya'll be good to one another. :volcano-smiley:

P1160456.JPG

P1100911.JPG

Time to do a update on the progress of my shrooms.

Day two Pan Cyan is moving along re-colonizing the five grain jar, after shake and break.

Still no signs of Tidal Wave pinning in the substrate, but hopefully it won't be much longer.

To early to report on JMF.

That's all folks.

Tok..

I believe you are on Day 9, and Tidal Wave is B+/PE which is an intermediate strain to grow, but the B+ really stabilizes the PE influence. These are known to be strong, B+ is usually consistent as well, but PE, I've never had weak ones, Back on track, PE usually PINS in 13 days from spawn, and B+ is normally Now you would see dots and small pins popping. You are close, keep that surface area with beads of water, if it's a little dry in spots, fine mister from high above and let the mist slowly fall to the surface. Don't blast from a close distance, that will be counterproductive (Delays pinning, or won't pin, and possible oversaturation to cause contam or small pins will abort). Think rain forest or fog setting, looking for a drizzling mist to put a veil of beads on the surface, it's a beautiful thing.

Grain spawn (you can spawn cakes, but I never have) to Coco/Verm to 6-12qt tubs are the way and the easiest path to success. I have an indoor GH for my edibles mainly, and I've grown Cubes in the tent and did fine, but it really isn't necessary. I've grown them in old Christmas tins, small tubs, manure cakes, and there isn't an easier method that is consistent over and over.

P1090295.JPG

P1110063.JPG

P1110821.JPG

Only mist as needed, for instance, usually it will be the edges/corners a little drier than the middle of the sub, so I like to do 4-6 sprays high above and try to focus on those corners or edges. GO light, you can always add more mist, but if you do happen to oversaturate a bit, leave the lid off for 20-30 mins and check to get ER back on track. If your field capacity is on point, you shouldn't need to do much pre first flush. Another issue I see folks doing is fanning pre pinset, NOT necessary and it will only dry your surface faster and if you don't replenish the moisture, you will get sparse pinning or Non at all. It's like a high wire act, balance is the key between water and Air (too much humidity it's raining, too much air and it's a wind storm). Simplified, leave it alone for the most part in the beginning, don't micromanage the fungus and get out of your own way. Once pinset is rollin', you can let it ride, if you see fuzzy feet, unclip the lid, if that doesn't work or help, flip the lid. Fruits get to big, put a bag with holes over it, or Dub it. Many paths to the finish line in this game, rule number is Zombieland... Cardio (Air is more important to develop fruits once you get to that stage)!! :rofl:

Tamps below, can be grown passively in a tub, but really shine in an indoor GH. Ya'll be well.

P1110510.JPG

The last few days have been a little on the busy side. My hot water tank went and I have been battling the insurance company to replace it. No luck, so, I did a buy out and replaced it myself.

Now as for the shrooms.

The Tidal wave is moving along and starting to colonizes the substrate completely. Still in the stand by mode.
I did a shake and break on the Pan Cyan a couple days ago, is it is in the process of re-colonizing the 5-grain jar.
I also, inoculated a 5-grain jar with JMF, but I have not checked on that one yet, maybe a couple more days.

My apologizes for the delay on doing updates.

I will post some current images tomorrow.

Tok..

The last few days have been a little on the busy side. My hot water tank went and I have been battling the insurance company to replace it. No luck, so, I did a buy out and replaced it myself.

Now as for the shrooms.

The Tidal wave is moving along and starting to colonizes the substrate completely. Still in the stand by mode.
I did a shake and break on the Pan Cyan a couple days ago, is it is in the process of re-colonizing the 5-grain jar.
I also, inoculated a 5-grain jar with JMF, but I have not checked on that one yet, maybe a couple more days.

My apologizes for the delay on doing updates.

I will post some current images tomorrow.

Tok..
Sucks the water heater crapped out. Its always somthing.

Looking forward to some shroom pics.

Rr

Thank you for stopping by and your kind words @Ramblinrose1965

I am not sure what to say, but I am flabbergasted to find out I won. The couple times I looked @CaptainLucky was in the lead, so I just figured he would win.

I want to thank all of our sponsors that support these contests and 420 as a whole. Thank you @420 and staff, @Midwest Grow Kits , @Spore Genetics , @Foods Alive @SeedsMan and last but far from the least @Remo Nutrients thanks again for supporting 420 Magazine.

I also want to thank everyone that voted in this annual contest, but especially the member that I was deserving of this recognition. Thank you, in no particular order @Hash Hound , @Lady Cannafan , @JohnnieJC3 , @Sparkey224 , @Preston9mm @Dankman_420 , @Joe Brewster , @Justin Goody , @Twist Me Up , @Absorber , and of course @Slapalottapuss

Tok..

Back
Top Bottom