Tok's First Mushroom Diary - Medical First/Recreation

Thanks for your reply @Lady Cannafan .

I made some spore print late last summer using mushroom from my yard to practice. So, I have a good idea on how to do it. The last time I did it, I place them under a glass jar on foil for, I think 12 hours. Then had a wet print and waited until the next day to see the results.
I followed one video suggestion to use an eyedropper and put one drop of water onto the cap, then cover them with the jar. Supposedly it would trigger the cap to drop the spores. That did not work at all, the mushroom caps went wilty dark and mushy.
So, no more water drops, I just place them on foil and cover them up. A few I didn't cover with anything, and they still made nice prints. Kept in a dark cabinet. Some took about 12 hours, some a little longer.
Tidal Wave spores all turned out very well.
I am excited you get to do some prints to carry on the growing!

I just received some more spore syringes, different strains. I'm going to use some of the solutions and make liquid cultures with them so I can keep them going.

It sound like you are a busy fellow @JohnnieJC3

I have a lion's mane spore syringe that I will be putting to work soon. I understand Lion's Mane is nutritional and delicious when prepared, but that is in the near future.

The Tidal Wave is progressing nicely. I was actually able to harvest a few small ones to dry out. I have a vacuum sealer so I may be bagging up some fresh ones also.

No images of the grain jars today, just the Shoebox Tidal Wave.

That's all folk's.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..
Hey Tok I was wondering if you had a chance to sample some of your Tidal Wave 🌊 mushies yet? Tbh the only mushies that I’ve ever had or heard about are the Purple Mystics 🧙. CL🍀

I followed one video suggestion to use an eyedropper and put one drop of water onto the cap, then cover them with the jar. Supposedly it would trigger the cap to drop the spores. That did not work at all, the mushroom caps went wilty dark and mushy.
So, no more water drops, I just place them on foil and cover them up. A few I didn't cover with anything, and they still made nice prints. Kept in a dark cabinet. Some took about 12 hours, some a little longer.
Tidal Wave spores all turned out very well.
I am excited you get to do some prints to carry on the growing!

I just received some more spore syringes, different strains. I'm going to use some of the solutions and make liquid cultures with them so I can keep them going.
My dad always told me to tap the cap before you pick it. So to leave spores for the next 'trip'. 😋

Thanks you for stopping by everyone.

So, no more water drops, I just place them on foil and cover them up.
I seen so many video's that was full of crap, so I just started reading to get the right foundation for growing.

I see myself grow and selling gourmet shrooms in the future, along with my little escapes from reality.

I was wondering if you had a chance to sample some of your Tidal Wave 🌊 mushies yet?
Not yet I have a sample drying right now and I will be harvesting more after the game or tomorrow. They are growing fast and plentiful.

My dad always told me to tap the cap before you pick it. So to leave spores for the next 'trip'. 😋
That's funny, maybe in the future you won't be able to throw a stick without hitting them. :rofl:

It is an adventure. I did some with friends and we when to Disneyland back in the 70's. We lasted about an hour before we got thrown out. Then we when to Black Beach (a nudist beach) in California and finish the high.

Lot's of memories back in the 70's, not all good, but most were.

Thanks you for stopping by everyone.

I seen so many video's that was full of crap, so I just started reading to get the right foundation for growing.

I see myself grow and selling gourmet shrooms in the future, along with my little escapes from reality.

Not yet I have a sample drying right now and I will be harvesting more after the game or tomorrow. They are growing fast and plentiful.

That's funny, maybe in the future you won't be able to throw a stick without hitting them. :rofl:

It is an adventure. I did some with friends and we when to Disneyland back in the 70's. We lasted about an hour before we got thrown out. Then we when to Black Beach (a nudist beach) in California and finish the high.

Lot's of memories back in the 70's, not all good, but most were.
Oh Lady Cannafan.....thrown out of Disneyland and hitting nude beaches. Ah the crazy stuff we did in our youth. Great times for sure.

That wasn't me!

The only place I've been thrown out of nude was a small lake.....the damn cop kept our clothes too. :rofl: I guess he didn't appreciate the midnight swims the way we did.
Oh my bad that was our pal Tokin Roll.

When I checked the Tidal Wave last night after the game; I had to take another harvest. At that time I placed three TW caps gill-side down on a 3x piece of aluminum foil. I will be checking them to see how the prints turn out at noon. After that second harvest was done; this morning I had to do it again.

The next to the last images is the Tidal Wave spore prints.

It looks like I will have another harvest later this afternoon.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

When I checked the Tidal Wave last night after the game; I had to take another harvest. At that time I placed three TW caps gill-side down on a 3x piece of aluminum foil. I will be checking them to see how the prints turn out at noon. After that second harvest was done; this morning I had to do it again.

That's all folk's.

Tok..
Nice harvest!

That's all folk's.

Tok..
You go Mushies! Great job @TokinRoll! You are killin' it now. :thumb:

Total weight from first run just about an oz.

TR
Very nice harvest Tok well done 👍 , can’t wait to hear about the effects. Happy travels. :surf: :woohoo: CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom