Tok's First Mushroom Diary - Medical First/Recreation

My apologizes for the delay on doing updates.

Today my wife and I were on an emotional roller coaster this morning. The hospital call and said they have a perfect match for my wife's transplant and ask how soon we could get to the hospital, I told them in one hour. We rushed to get everything together and just as we were leaving for the hospital the phone ring. The hospital called back and said the transplant was cancelled, because there was to much of a chance of infection from the donor. So, now we wait again.
At least we know they didn't forget about her.

Now as for the shrooms.

The Tidal wave is still colonizes the substrate. the only thing that worries me is the substrate appears to be a little dry. Misting as needed. Hoping for happiness sometime next week. Still in the stand by mode.
The Pan Cyan is still in the process of re-colonizing the 5-grain jar, it is about 50% colonized
I also, inoculated a 5-grain jar with JMF, still no signs of mycelium, maybe a couple more days.

Here are some current images.

That's all folks.

Stay safe and grow well my friehds,
Tok..

Thank you for your kind words @RedskinnedRhino

Well, I am back somewhat.

Last Sunday my wife and I when through the drill again.
This time we got to the hospital and registered, placed my wife in her room and then they started wiring her up. Not long after they had her all connect and everything, when they cancelled it again. The donor lived, thank god, but we are back to square one again. I don't want to sound morbid that the patience lived, but I don't think there is an easier way of saying it.

A quick update on the shrooms.
The @Spore Genetics Tidal wave has start to produce fruit; small but it started. To bring you up to speed I have the Tidal wave in a shoebox of substrate for fruiting, The Pan Cyan has just about re-colonizes the 5-grain jar. Maybe, another week before I transfer into her own shoebox. As for the JMF it is still colonizing the @Midwest Grow Kits 5-grain jar with mycelium growth.

That's all folk's

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Thank you for your kind words @RedskinnedRhino

Well, I am back somewhat.

Last Sunday my wife and I when through the drill again.
This time we got to the hospital and registered, placed my wife in her room and then they started wiring her up. Not long after they had her all connect and everything, when they cancelled it again. The donor lived, thank god, but we are back to square one again. I don't want to sound morbid that the patience lived, but I don't think there is an easier way of saying it.

A quick update on the shrooms.
The @Spore Genetics Tidal wave has start to produce fruit; small but it started. To bring you up to speed I have the Tidal wave in a shoebox of substrate for fruiting, The Pan Cyan has just about re-colonizes the 5-grain jar. Maybe, another week before I transfer into her own shoebox. As for the JMF it is still colonizing the @Midwest Grow Kits 5-grain jar with mycelium growth.

That's all folk's

Tok..
I'm praying for the two of you. I've been through this with my deceased husband, and I understand how much the two of you are going through. ❤️🙏

Congratulations on getting some fruit! With all of the other things you've done over the past year with pictorials, spreading the word, posting awesome information from inside and outside sources as well, it's so great to see things coming together with the shrooms.

I hope everything works out for you and your wife, that has to be tougher than anything we've all went through, feeling helpless and vulnerable is the worst feeling in the world IMO. Moving forward, before I get all up IN my feelings... hard to tell but the surface looks a bit dry. A light spritz (fine mist) from way above the tub will put a web of beads on the surface that looks OH so gorgeous. I just spawned a 6qt tub yesterday, with more jars really close. All the best broseph, you have fruits, that's a step in the right direction. :volcano-smiley:

Blue Oyster

P1090278.JPG

I forgot to take images of the grain jars, but they are doing quite nicely and mycelium daily.

Right now, I have Tidal Wave in the tub fruiting.
The first grain jar has Pan Cyan and is at the point of re-colonizing the substrate.
The second grain jar has JMF and it is building mycelium also.

Here are some current images of the Tidal Wave tub.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

Thank you, for your kind words and understanding.

Beautiful Blue Oyster, very tasty looking @JohnnieJC3
What's on the menu? :drool:
Where do you grow your shrooms at in your house?
What spores will you be doing next?

You are also correct about the surface being a little dry.
I have been spritzing it a couple times a day and more Tidal Wave shrooms are appearing regularly.

TR
I grow cold species (Edible/Medicinal) sometimes in my garage in a GH, but mainly in my mud room that is attached to the garage (but out of order currently almost 30 blocks ready when I am, and no bueno growing cannabis right next to another tent... begging for PM). Most of my Cubes grows Tho'... are grown passively in a boot/shoebox. One thing I also wanted to point out about shoebox grows is I live in a drier climate at times and can really dry out the tub way too soon during colonization and cause side pins. You will know when you sub shrinks before the first flush starts or is close to starting. I put my tubs in my old 66qt Mono I still have, which is my original tub that is over a decade old. Mono's are old school, and a cool style too, but many eggs in one basket, and I roll through too many genetics to have multi mono's going, have too many as it is.

I have an agar drop OLB PE tub that is about 3 days spawned, 1 day on a PE/AA+ cross, a couple regular PE grain jars from a good vendor jumping off nicely, haven't purchased anything in quite awhile and it was a good deal. Um... I have a Pearly Gates/TAM rye jar going, Gandlaf that is beating me up a little, she's a finicky sensitive lil BIA. :rofl: Agar drop Starry Night APE clone from a crappy tub (typical APES lower yield), and a few Mexi A stone jars. Is that it, I usually have more going.... and of course, all the blocks I'm about to run in 2 weeks when I'm done in that room regarding Cannabis (more like 3 with drying, give or take).

That mushroom looks both promising and a bit scary ha-ha, I guess I'm a bit scared of shrooms :)
My wife is deathly afraid of Lion's Mane fruits, my brother too... I get a kick out of it to tell you the truth. Appreciate the laugh, I can't help it, they do look like alien(ish) brains or something. Tasty and one of my favorites to grow. This one below was a little too much humidity (raining almost, back when I used a cycle timer instead of a controller), but looks like something that is about to attach an embryo to your throat and turn you into a host. :thedoubletake:

P1090584.JPG

It sound like you are a busy fellow @JohnnieJC3

I have a lion's mane spore syringe that I will be putting to work soon. I understand Lion's Mane is nutritional and delicious when prepared, but that is in the near future.

The Tidal Wave is progressing nicely. I was actually able to harvest a few small ones to dry out. I have a vacuum sealer so I may be bagging up some fresh ones also.

No images of the grain jars today, just the Shoebox Tidal Wave.

That's all folk's.

Tok..

It sound like you are a busy fellow @JohnnieJC3

I have a lion's mane spore syringe that I will be putting to work soon. I understand Lion's Mane is nutritional and delicious when prepared, but that is in the near future.

The Tidal Wave is progressing nicely. I was actually able to harvest a few small ones to dry out. I have a vacuum sealer so I may be bagging up some fresh ones also.

No images of the grain jars today, just the Shoebox Tidal Wave.

That's all folk's.

Tok..
Fantastic!
I can't decide if I get more excited seeing shrooms grow up, or buds build up. Either one is going to take us to high places, just in different ways. :laughtwo:

Very good question @JiggiLotus

There are a number of ways to grow them, like LC Liquid Culture, spore prints, spore syringe, agar plate to name a few. If you have the right environment from the development of the mycelium growth to harvesting fruit is normally around two to three month. Different spore can have different requirements like temperature some like it hot and some like it colder. There can be many factors that play in the amount of time it take, like experience level.

Give it a try and I will follow along and help if needed.

Hope this helps.

Tok..

Very good question @JiggiLotus

There are a number of ways to grow them, like LC Liquid Culture, spore prints, spore syringe, agar plate to name a few. If you have the right environment from the development of the mycelium growth to harvesting fruit is normally around two to three month. Different spore can have different requirements like temperature some like it hot and some like it colder. There can be many factors that play in the amount of time it take, like experience level.

Give it a try and I will follow along and help if needed.

Hope this helps.

Tok..
Its definitely interesting 🤔. I do like mushrooms 🍄😋..

Back
Top Bottom