Lady Cannafan Shrooming Midwest Grow Kits & Spore Genetics - APE, Blue Meanie & More

You are smashing it! I think sometimes the shrooms have a mind of their own. I've had some still with the veil and wake up next morning and the cap is almost flat and the ones around it have spores all over them!! You get pretty good at timing. You are doin great.

You are smashing it! I think sometimes the shrooms have a mind of their own. I've had some still with the veil and wake up next morning and the cap is almost flat and the ones around it have spores all over them!! You get pretty good at timing. You are doin great.
Yeah, that's the challenge. I look at them at night, and the next morning they've shot up to picking status. Today I looked at the tubs this morning, picked a few, and by this afternoon there were more with broken veils and flat tops.
It's a challenge to keep up with them. But it's a challenge I welcome. :dreamy:

Is there a guesstimated amount of time before an open shroom drops the spores? I have some of the Tidal wave open already, they grew amazingly fast overnight, but I want them to get a little bigger. They seem to be thinner stems than the Blue Meanies' for sure.
From what I've seen with mine, I'd say within 24 hours of opening.

So I've read that peeps will string their shrooms up to air dry.
Is the dehydrator mostly for the purpose of faster drying.....and if so, does anyone know about how long it takes to just air dry them?

My electric bill has skyrocketed with the grow lights, fans, etc etc. I need to cut some usage out this month.
Did you get the ora orange dessicant crystals?

Yeah, that's the challenge. I look at them at night, and the next morning they've shot up to picking status. Today I looked at the tubs this morning, picked a few, and by this afternoon there were more with broken veils and flat tops.
It's a challenge to keep up with them. But it's a challenge I welcome. :dreamy:
It’s definitely not a bad challenge to have. CL🍀

I had plucked the Blue Meanies yesterday, and this morning a whole bunch more had grown up and opened overnight. That makes three plucks over the last couple of days on the 2nd flush.

These shrooms wait for NO ONE. :laugh: Between the Tidal Wave and Blue Meanies I have 3 trays of shrooms in the dehydrator.

I have made an observation on the tubs with the liners inside. The Blue Meanie tub, I had taken the liner out and taped it to the outside of the tub. I have noticed that the substrate is holding moisture better than it did with the liner inside the box. So, I have wrapped tin foil around a tub about two inches high for my next substrate mixing, just to see if I'm right.

Take a look at this @Lady Cannafan

What do you think?

TR
I've read through that before. It was very helpful. If you are referring to that bluish color on the substrate, it appears to be gone after I spritzed ISO on the affected are.
Fingers crossed. :)

So I've read that peeps will string their shrooms up to air dry.
Is the dehydrator mostly for the purpose of faster drying.....and if so, does anyone know about how long it takes to just air dry them?

My electric bill has skyrocketed with the grow lights, fans, etc etc. I need to cut some usage out this month.
I've laid them out on cardboard for a couple days with a fan. I dehydrate mine at 140-150 degrees and let it go overnight and when I wake up they are cracker dry.

That's a much higher heat setting than I had read about when I first got into this. You don't feel at that temperature that it reduces the effects of the shrooms as far as potency?
I have read that the temperature that degrades them is above 212 degrees . Therefore the making of tea with them does not affect the potency.

Back
Top Bottom