Spore Genetics Discussion Thread - Psilocybe Cubensis Spores & Cultures

Got my order today. Post office took an extra day but came through, and I got them out of the mailbox well before the hot part of the day. Thank you, Spore Genetics! :woohoo:

20230829_133356rr.jpg

Sweet !!!! Tag me in when you start 🤙🤙
ok, need a still air box and I have to figure out where to set up and some other logistics. My brown rice and micropore tape arrived today. :lot-o-toke:If I don't grow some mushrooms I'm going to be eating a hell of a lot of rice...:laughtwo:

20230831_214208r.jpg

Tag me in too please @BeccaBuds!!!

I really knew this was going to come in like a Hurricane and rampage the site in a good way!

CA784DF3-85B3-4CFE-B7FB-7E2E8AC757DA.jpeg
I got these on The Zon for Uncle Ben Tek style culturing. Small but the total visibility really helps and organic, for what it’s worth. This method is used to out of having to use a pressure cooker to pasteurize your inculant, but it still takes organization and skill. No room for errors or cut corners in mycology. So, to use these well... you must cut the corners. :ROFL: . ha-ha-ha-ha! Seriously, go watch Uncle Ben's tek youtube vids if you want to try this, he'll set you straight!
Everyone on the planet should buy a computer-controlled pressure-cooker. For 100 bucks you get 20 minute stews, push button yoghurt, dead-easy set it and forget it cannabis butter, plus it decarbs weed precisely and to exact temps, can help you make a killer THC vape, and I use to also to make SNS-style, harmless to humans, pesticides from rosemary plants that really works. lately, I'm canning my outdoor veggies grown in SIP's mega-bounty, including pickles, chopped and pureed tomatoes, green peppers, I even baked a chocolate cake in there and it was the moistest cake I'd ever tasted. Microelectronics plus pressure cooker equals total revolution in these and many, many other tasks. Just such a pleasure to have and use.

That's all before the fact that it makes mushroom culturing much easier and much, much more successful. Try to get an 8quart/lire one, the 6 is too small imo. There’s many brands beside instapot, mine is Starfrit.

Try to stay away from the inner Teflon coated bowl, or replace w/stainless when scratched (takes no time regardless the care taken.) Nothing wrong using teflon one and then replacing after it’s worn out with a stainless one.

My “autoclave”, the fancy term you can use for a pressure cooker now that yer a mycologist, is precious to me, as is my countertop convection oven, my magnetic stirrer/heater and mini fridge freezer, all of which are set up in my little, in-house, dedicated, myco/beneficial bacteria laboratory. Oh, one more thing you'll use for shrooms and canna is a steam cleaner, handheld, for cleaning tent walls, other fabric things, and you can turn it into a steam pastuerizer for the next step of prepping your grow matrix that the fully inoculated and colonized and grains bags/rice packets, will be mixed into. A single trichoderma spore can ruin your whole grow so the utmost adherence to aseptic practices is required. Make sure you have a lot of 100-70% alcohol for disinfecting ((water down the 100% to 70% or else it will evap too quickly and not disinfect properly. Avoid 50%).

I'd be open to any sponsor interest of equip or genetics from 420mag sponsors who would like so see their products demonstrated in a successful, engaging and well illustrated grow thread, that will concentrate on describing and showing your products as priority number One.

We need award categories, I suggest Sickest Flush! Gnarliest shroom. Mycologist of the Month. Best Culture Journal. Best Myco-Related Photography. Prettiest Agar Culture. Innovator of the Year. Prettiest Spore Print...

... just off the top of my head. Obviously, the sponsors and management will have some input. ;>}

I think @420 has the right idea in focusing on the medicinal aspects of mushrooms. There are already Psilocybin-focused forums that have been around for years, but there are other species that offer many other health benefits.
Species like Agarikon, Chaga, Cordyceps, Lion's Mane, Maitake, Reishi, and Turkey Tail are useful for a variety of ailments.

I think @420 has the right idea in focusing on the medicinal aspects of mushrooms. There are already Psilocybin-focused forums that have been around for years, but there are other species that offer many other health benefits.
Species like Agarikon, Chaga, Cordyceps, Lion's Mane, Maitake, Reishi, and Turkey Tail are useful for a variety of ailments.
I'm not sure that's the case, Becca. In addition, psilocybin mushrooms are medicinal. We're currently on a sponsor's thread, a sponsor whose business is, in large part, selling psilocybin spores. There is more than enough ethical bandwidth, maturity, tolerance and moderation in the membership and staff here to embrace the full mycological experience. I've knocked around the shroom forums for a few years now and it's increasingly become my belief that this may be the only place, thus far, capable of producing and supporting such a community.

The value proposition of 420Mag, as I see it, is not that it covers different species than other forums, 420's val-prop is in creating neutral, invisibly but effectively regulated environments absent the ego-centric pissing contests, ridiculously shrill product hocking, gatekeeping-syndrome and general demagoguery that is typically either rampant on other forums, or always threatening to be.

Psilocybe-focused forums suffer from a lot of other issues too, indeed, many are merely technical yet never seem to be fixed or are deemed either unfixable or "charming''. Ugh. A huge opportunity is looking 420 square in the face on this one, there is a trove of potential new users out there who would happily migrate here because 420Mag has had foresight enough to moderate these threads effectively and invest technologically. Not to mention the intelligent sponsoring partnerships that make it all possible. They have to say no to a lot more companies than they say yes to, in order keep this ship sailing on a tranquil sea.

More than in any other time in history, humanity is now looking to the worlds of bacteria and fungi, across all cultures and including popular culture, to help us solve some of our most vexing personal and global problems. We are waking up to the omnipresence of these forms of life, becoming aware of both their roles and unexplored potential.

I would encourage 420Mag to leverage the truly unique position it has developed as the safest space for the most thoughtful minds, and, with respect to fungi and its friends, bring them all together without fear or favour of either species or user.

How da go myco yo
il_1588xN.3405418512_b98v.jpg
il_1588xN.3452916785_5tw2.jpg

il_1588xN.3481622467_9f9o.jpg

il_1588xN.3261400277_gm0s.jpg

You may be right, @ReservoirDog. Nice shroom tent setup, btw. Living in a studio I don't have room for anything even a 1/10th that big. Concerned I am not going to be able to keep contamination under control.
I'm curious, how much casing mix will you use with each of those 4.6oz rice bags (if you plan to spawn to bulk)?
I'm guesstimating about a pound for the Uncle Bens 8.8oz bags.

I'm not sure that's the case, Becca. In addition, psilocybin mushrooms are medicinal. We're currently on a sponsor's thread, a sponsor whose business is, in large part, selling psilocybin spores. There is more than enough ethical bandwidth, maturity, tolerance and moderation in the membership and staff here to embrace the full mycological experience. I've knocked around the shroom forums for a few years now and it's increasingly become my belief that this may be the only place, thus far, capable of producing and supporting such a community.

The value proposition of 420Mag, as I see it, is not that it covers different species than other forums, 420's val-prop is in creating neutral, invisibly but effectively regulated environments absent the ego-centric pissing contests, ridiculously shrill product hocking, gatekeeping-syndrome and general demagoguery that is typically either rampant on other forums, or always threatening to be.

Psilocybe-focused forums suffer from a lot of other issues too, indeed, many are merely technical yet never seem to be fixed or are deemed either unfixable or "charming''. Ugh. A huge opportunity is looking 420 square in the face on this one, there is a trove of potential new users out there who would happily migrate here because 420Mag has had foresight enough to moderate these threads effectively and invest technologically. Not to mention the intelligent sponsoring partnerships that make it all possible. They have to say no to a lot more companies than they say yes to, in order keep this ship sailing on a tranquil sea.

More than in any other time in history, humanity is now looking to the worlds of bacteria and fungi, across all cultures and including popular culture, to help us solve some of our most vexing personal and global problems. We are waking up to the omnipresence of these forms of life, becoming aware of both their roles and unexplored potential.

I would encourage 420Mag to leverage the truly unique position it has developed as the safest space for the most thoughtful minds, and, with respect to fungi and its friends, bring them all together without fear or favour of either species or user.

How da go myco yo
il_1588xN.3405418512_b98v.jpg
il_1588xN.3452916785_5tw2.jpg

il_1588xN.3481622467_9f9o.jpg

il_1588xN.3261400277_gm0s.jpg
Damn bro you got your environment down to a science lab. I applaud your dedication and ingenuity to growing these Mystical fungi. CL🍀. :thumb: :circle-of-love:

Damn bro you got your environment down to a science lab. I applaud your dedication and ingenuity to growing these Mystical fungi. CL🍀. :thumb: :circle-of-love:
Erp, sorry, no, Those are examples, of various 'diy' scenarios I chucked up for people to aspire to. I do happen to have the same big fruiting greenhouse and small fruiting chambers built out, and I copied the still air box too, pretty much exactly, but mine are packed up right now over the summer, and I plan to bring it out after fall wine-making, garden canning etc. is finished. I just wanted you all to maybe start getting some ideas. Pictures really helped me. But I will for sure share my lab with you guys when I'm back switched over to fungi-mode. Right now I'm growing weed (ok, I'm always growing weed), picking grapes and making wine! Gonna make weed-wiine this year.

Erp, sorry, no, Those are examples, of various 'diy' scenarios I chucked up for people to aspire to. I do happen to have the same big fruiting greenhouse and small fruiting chambers built out, and I copied the still air box too, pretty much exactly, but mine are packed up right now over the summer, and I plan to bring it out after fall wine-making, garden canning etc. is finished. I just wanted you all to maybe start getting some ideas. Pictures really helped me. But I will for sure share my lab with you guys when I'm back switched over to fungi-mode. Right now I'm growing weed (ok, I'm always growing weed), picking grapes and making wine! Gonna make weed-wiine this year.
I remember years n years ago they had a recipe in ez ridrs mag for weed wine and a bunch of other things. Even had one for honey mead. Good luck with your growing endeavors. CL🍀. :thumb:

I just order the Fungi Flush 10cc Spore Syringe FF01

I have everything ready (the kit), but the spores. Once, I receive them, it is a go for my first try.
I am out of touch with mushroom, so I am kind of growing and learning the same time.

Be safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..
Tag me TR I would like to see how you do. I’m planning on trying to grow Cubensis after my vacation. CL🍀

I will do that @CaptainLucky

I bought the kit to make it easier, and order the spores this morning.
Still pretty new on what spores to buy, so I started with a three pack.
Hope to start next weekend or shortly there after.

TR
I’m looking forward to seeing what the both of us can do. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom