Sukafr33's Third Indoor Soil Grow

Hello sukafr33! I'm RVgrower, and I've been watching your grow here and I don't see the problems you're describing, at least not from those last pics you posted..they look fine to me, and I saw a lot of other people said the same thing...I know about the indecision we face so much as new growers, not yet knowing what will really "work for us", and so we try all this stuff we hear that the really great growers with constant monster grows use, and we expect our plants to become monsters too, right like theirs, and they usually don't end up like that. But you look like you have a set of fine plants there, got a grow tent and the whole nine, I think you just are too worried and maybe trying so hard to "get it right", but you are already doing it just fine! Maybe I'm way off, but I am just trying to help..that fear for me, is still here, and it can be crippling to me at times! I have to FORCE myself to just trust in myself right now...I see that I have produced plants that are growing, and have even harvested a bad grow that all hermied on me cuz like an idiot, I left my closet's curtain drawn back at night, when they shoulda been sleeping, just to admire them...it wasn't like super bright in the room, but it was enough, that outta 6 plants I harvested, all I got was popcorn bud that I had stripped all the THC off of while trying to remove all the seeds and stuff when that happened...So I had very little smokable stuff really, and so I just used it all in a batch of mj brownies, and supplemented the schwag I get from a friend with the rest that was the "best top buds" that I saved for that purpose. It was okay, and so nice to feel that sense of accomplishment- knowing I did it all by myself- well, with LOTS of help and encouragement when I needed it most from all my buddies on here...Just trying to keep paying that forward, and let you know that your plants are beautiful! If you really think they are lacking something, just post some pics, in fact, just plan on posting pics regularly...we can all help you best that way IF there really is ever an issue, and also, it keeps people more interested in your grow when you post a lot of pics! We like to see stuff, you know? Which journal will you go for first? The one with all the pics, or the one with like 3 pics and then just pages of writing? I'm going for the one with the regular pics every time, and that's how we get our "likes" and earn our "reps" and get points donated, all that good stuff. Sorry to hear about the heat issue, that really sucks, but you seem to be dealing with it fine. I've heard of guys freezing like 24oz soda or like poweraide bottles filled like almost to the top, but leave a few inches for the ice expansion during freezing, or the bottle could burst. Then they throw them in their resevoirs when they are doing hydro, but I did kinda the same thing, when this summer it got hot here (I"m in the desert southwest-still hot, but no humidity), and I took that idea and adjusted it for my perlite "Hempy" style of medium I was dealing with- I froze the nute solution just a bit, like half way, by putting it in the back of my fridge where stuff freezes every time, and then the next day when I got to feed my plant, I pour out the icy solution from my container (I used one that we got from the deli at the store at one time with potato salad in it- it's got a wider mouth than bottom usually, and a lid- perfect for this!) So I pour it on my plant, and the ice would sit on the top, and slowly melt and the ice would obviously cool the roots and the plant too, but I think if you were to throw a bunch of plain ice cubes on the bases of the plants , that that has got to help them stay cool enough through out the worst part of the day at least. Just trying to help ya bro, by passin on my experiences with heat issues here, and just to tell you I think your plants look great, and that I think you are doing a great job. Wish you all the best my friend...:goodluck::cheer::bravo:
Oh, and I AM subbed for this grow! :surf:

dude i wanna thank you for all the help, i really appreciate it, like i said i need all the help i can get rite now.. And with the picture thing, i try to take some but its just hard to do where i live, but i took a couple so i gotta post them after i take a couple more to show the after affect of givin them the new nutes, you guys are gonna see the problems rite away, like drooping and some of the leaves are yellow on the tips and then theres like 2 or 3 that are literally burnt around the leafe edge, but now after switchin the nutes at a 1/4 strength and they took to it really good, i was soo supprised when i opened the cab this morning..;) so i think things are gonna be ok and that things are gonna get better now that i switched things up, matter affact switched alot of things up, and things look better already on the first day, cant wait to see what happens!!!! and thanks again for the help man, means alot for somebody to take some time and explain some shit to somebody, your an alright dude!!!!:high-five:

so im beyond pissed at myself, lastnight i wrote this big post and shit and was gettin ready to put pics on the post aswell, well as im puttin the pics on here i fell asleep, so i just closed and figured i would finish it in the morning, so i just opened my computer and it was actin crazy so i started closin pages and when i got to this page i reloaded to read any new posts totally forgetting that i was in the middle of somethin and it erased it, aahh man it pissed me off.. but i dont know if anybody remembers but i get my daughter on the weekends so i dont really mess with things like that so im gonna have to restart my post after i take her home, so im sorry for the delay, i know i've been sayin i was gonna post pics but things keep comin up, so now im gonna go give mom dukes a tattoo that she been wantin me to do and i'll be back later, until then smoke!!!!! :tokin: :bong: :)

sorry for the delay, but now im back with some good pics for you guys too see my problems and what i've been talkin about these past 2 weeks, but i must say that ever since i got ontop of things they are definitely lookin alot better, thanks to everybody on here and definitely the Grow Bibles, because without them i think my plants would prolly be dead rite now lol, but yea i wanna thank you guys for all the help and kind words they sure do help, believe me, and again sorry for the delay, but here we go heres some pics for you guys to see, let me know what you guys think, hope its not to many pics, and i'll try to describe most of them the best i can..so here they are!!!! :tokin:
- heres a pic of the leaves that look burnt, this one literally looked like it was burnt..
081511111119.jpg

- these are also just either burnt or dead on the tips..
081511111743.jpg

081511111104.jpg

- the leaves on this plant are a lighter green in like the center and then a darker green around the edges and the lines on the leaves, but its hard to see..
081511111204.jpg

- you can see it alittle better in this one, this one was takin, this was takin before everything was switched up..
081211144449.jpg

- these pics were also takin before i switched up, you can see how droopy they look and the other problems they are havin..
081211144039.jpg

081211144256.jpg

081211144422.jpg

- this is another tool i picked up along the way, a soil ph meter, reads 6.5, thats also what i've been ph'in my water since i switched up, because i was ph'in it at 6.8-7.2, and as you can see in the next pics how much better they look since i've switched everything up..
080911160536.jpg

- and this is what the temps have been lookin like besides the rh has been up due to the rain..
080911161227.jpg

- and these are a couple that i took today of them slowely gettin their health back and lookin good again..
081511111256.jpg

081511111318.jpg

- heres a pic of the twins, lookin a hell of alot better compared to the pic i took before i switched up.. first a top view then a side view..
081511111415.jpg

081511111441.jpg

Well thats it for now, let me know what you guys think, and let me know what you guys think the problems might be, and thanks for hangin in a bein patient with me, its just been a really crazy weekend.. Thanks :tokin:

Well thats it for now, let me know what you guys think, and let me know what you guys think the problems might be, and thanks for hangin in a bein patient with me, its just been a really crazy weekend.. Thanks :tokin:

Suka, I think that you have identified and resolved the problems that you had, likely due to nute burn and improper PH. It is worth noting that leaves that are damaged may never recover- and that's OK. What you are looking for is vigorous, heathly new growth. By the looks of things your plants have made a nice recovery.

Suka, I think that you have identified and resolved the problems that you had, likely due to nute burn and improper PH. It is worth noting that leaves that are damaged may never recover- and that's OK. What you are looking for is vigorous, heathly new growth. By the looks of things your plants have made a nice recovery.

I agree with JCool...I think your plants are doing fine now and I would not expect those damaged leaves to repair themselves. If it will make you feel better, you can cut them off next time you prune her! :)

thanks you guys, glad to know im back on track, lol things were just startin to piss me off, and i dont know why people dont like Technaflora like that, this damn Recipe for Sucess by them is the shit, i haven't had a problem with these nutes yet, and what do you guys think about the ph, do you guys think 6.5 is better then 6.8-7.0?? and it also says on the feeding chart that i should ph it at around 6.0-6.2, what do you guys think about that?? and another question, do you think i should raise the strength of the nutes next feeding, since they look like they could take more?? and thanks again!!

your good brother! all of your new growth looks nice and healthy.
i agree with krip and Jc that your problem was a Ph fluctuation as well as nute burn..
classic signs...... the slight yellowing around the edges of the leaves looks like it was a Magnesium def.... but again all of your new growth looks great... they perked up alot!
good job on staying calm and resolving the problem>

6.5 is the max i would recommend running in soil... i shoot for 6.2 personally.

make sure u have given them enough time to adjust to the switch and than i would think its fine to up them a little if they need it.

thanks shag, i think im gonna be good from here on out, well just aslong as i stay up with the watering and feeding on time, shits been so messed up this past week that everytime its been time for either feeding or watering somethins happened, so i end up gettin backed up a day, and that dont help cause the pots that i got them in aren't as big as they should be so they dry out alittle faster then normal, i think i might throw them in 12/12 in maybe a week or two to get things started so i can see what im workin with, hopefully and knock on wood i dont get nothin but males this time or im really gonna be pissed, its not the waistin chemicals and all that kinds of shit thats gonna piss me of its gonna be the time waisted thats gonna piss me, exspecially considering it would be the second time, but you know what thats the last thing on my mind, im thinkin all females from here on out!!! and thanks again for everybody stickin around, i appreciate it, thanks.. :tokin:

im hopin and prayin man, but if not hey, just gonna have to start over, next time im not gonna do as many plants, i think that might be another reason why they are the way they are, plus im lazy so that dont help lol, but the reason why i did so many is because of the male situation hopin to get atleast a male or two, but i think its comin back to bite me in the ass.. but i really do appreciate all the help from you guys, and riding along with me through this stressed ride im havin lol.. but i'll be alright, but i just gotta think positive and do as best as i can, thats all i can do.. thanks guys!!!

has anybody ever measured the amount of ph down you've used to get a gallon of water from a ph around 7 down to about 6.2-6.5?? the last time i watered them i used purified spring water and the ph was at 7 and i had to put alot of ph down in it to get it down to 6.5, more then normal, today im gonna use plain spring water from the mountains to mix with the nutes and see how that works, i just wanna know if there is a certain amount that would be used for a gallon.. let me know what you guys think..And also i asked before but i dont think anybody answered me, whats your guys' opinion on the Neptunes Harvest fish emulsion stuff, and the Tiger Bloom stuff and how i should use it??? let me know what you guys think, thanks... :tokin:

has anybody ever measured the amount of ph down you've used to get a gallon of water from a ph around 7 down to about 6.2-6.5?? the last time i watered them i used purified spring water and the ph was at 7 and i had to put alot of ph down in it to get it down to 6.5, more then normal, today im gonna use plain spring water from the mountains to mix with the nutes and see how that works, i just wanna know if there is a certain amount that would be used for a gallon.. let me know what you guys think..And also i asked before but i dont think anybody answered me, whats your guys' opinion on the Neptunes Harvest fish emulsion stuff, and the Tiger Bloom stuff and how i should use it??? let me know what you guys think, thanks... :tokin:

Suka, there is not a fixed amount of PH down it will take. It all depends on the PH of the water you're starting with (which can vary even out of the same faucet) and the acidity of your PH Down solution. ;)

also whats your opinion on the nutes i asked about, and do you think its possible to add them into what im using?? cause i would definitely like to try the tiger bloom, let me know what you think.. :tokin:

Suka,

My disclaimer is that I grow using synthetic nutes, so someone with more experience in organics should chime in, but here's my take:

Both Tiger Bloom and the fish emulsion are organic, so I wouldn't hesitate to use them together (I don't like mixing synthetics with organics, at least in hydro).

But, it appears fish emulsion is something like 5-1-1 or 5-2-2 mix (NPK). So, it will be a high source of Nitrogen and pretty low on the Phosphorous & Potassim. In flower, you typically want high P where high N is helpful during veg.

So, while I don't think it will hurt at all (maybe make the buds a little leafy with all the N?) in flower, I'm not sure I'd consider it a bloom enhancer.

It does sound like it will help during veg.

If you're looking for a bloom enhancer, again, I'd ask someone with soil/organics experience. I did see OMM is testing some products from BioBizz and I know they have some. I'm sure FoxFarms does, too!

well i'll just stick to what im using, haven't had a problem with them yet, and im sure as soon as they kick in my plants will start lookin like the last ones, nice and full, hopefully... but i think they will, and i wish i would have never tried usin them other nutes that i got for free online for a sample, the technaflora is doin just fine for me, hopefully after this feed they should be back, im gonna go ahead and give them half strength this time and see if they take to it ok, since they took good to them at a 1/4 strength..alright well let me get started on this feeding... :tokin:

I would recommend against mixing the two together, as technaflora is mainly a synthetic company. in fact if you look at their MSDS report on their site it states that the B.C group is unstable with organics...
Technaflora only has 4 products that are OMRI certified; All Natural Organic Fertilizer Thrive Alive B-1™ (Green), B. Seaweed, Organic Sugar Daddy, and Soluble Seaweed Extract.

if your ever curious if something is organic you can go to the OMRI website and search for it

synthetics are strange in that way..... they can react differently between companies too.

Back
Top Bottom