Swedge's Journal

Always good to have a loving wife lol look what she's bought me :)

image14669.jpg

hell yea thats nice .tents are great .. u have a great girl

Well my pd/a has grown it's cotyledons and has it's first set of proper leaves growing now just checked and my temps are are 31celciusia that still a bit got? I've just removed the cover I had over my grow box which should bring it down a touch

I put the cover on originally thinking it wouldn't get as warm due to being in my attic
This is the pink diesel/amnesia

image14694.jpg

image14695.jpg

This iis the ak47, it has it's first set of proper leaves it just needs to open up a bit more, I think this one is slightly shorter due to me having the light further away by accident on the pd/a and stretched a touch but it's still all ok

image14696.jpg

I may actually trim my pots down as I've not filled them right up and I think the airflow is going over instead of a breeze directly on them

Since I like to make stuff myself instead of buying I've had an idea

Once my grow tent arrives and is built up I will be using the following

image14702.jpg

An adjustable speed fan cut to size
Mesh splatter guard
And some ducting
Some activated charcoal

As told Harris says

Can you tell what it is yet

Subbed.

A few things I've seen:

Foil isn't the best for the inside, it can make hotspots which can burn the plant. The drum appears to be white? Which should be fine for reflectivity inside. If you have windows nearby, maybe just covering the outside of the drum will work fine to keep the light hidden.

This drum can still be used as a Veg chamber even after your tent arrives :)

Fans: You really only need exhaust, and not intake. The natural movement of air being blown out will force air to be pulled into any holes or gaps naturally. For your drum, until you get a nice small fan of some sort, the intake fan will work fine for circulating air, but it's just something to keep in mind for future upgrades.

Otherwise, you're off to a good start!

I only have an exhaust fan on my drum I have a fan inside circulating though with a cut out at the bottom for fresh air to enter

Yeah I found that out about the foil my bad will know for next time since I'm moving to the tent

And thanks for the comments :)

Just remember, don't make things too complicated, by keeping the grow simple, it's less of a headache, and you'll enjoy the growing more. With each grow that follows you can add a little more to what you do each time so it isn't overwhelming.

Growing your own Cannabis should always be relaxing and rewarding. Just stay focused on those things, and you're going to love every second of it! (Well except harvest.. I still don't have fun during the tedious task of trimming lol)

Yeah I know what you mean mate my wife's buying me the tent so it's a kinda freebee

I like to keep busy, once I've got my tent and extraction system setup that's it for now and see how it goes

Quick question, if I placed my cfl lights slightly more to the side so my led hits the plant instead of the cfl blocking the led

Would my plant grow towards the cfl sideways

My pink diesel/amnesia seems to be purple on the underside of the leaves I thought the leaves looked burnt on the tops but it was the purple from underneath showing

My ak47 is fine bot had equal amounts of everything but the ak is smaller

Any ideas why it's purple I'm about nearly a week in

Thanks mate I'll leave them be for now as nothing actually seems wrong apart from my ak47 curling a bit I've slowed down on the watering

This is the PDA

image14825.jpg

Ak47
image14826.jpg

My grow tent arrives this week so I'll get that built up and ready to use so when I transplant I'll put them into the grow tent

Thanks mate I'll leave them be for now as nothing actually seems wrong apart from my ak47 curling a bit I've slowed down on the watering

This is the PDA

image14825.jpg

Ak47
image14826.jpg

My grow tent arrives this week so I'll get that built up and ready to use so when I transplant I'll put them into the grow tent

So it's a long 12 hour Nightshift tonight so I had a doodle

My grow tent is 1m x1m x 2m high

This is how is expect to have it setup

I making my own carbon filter from the plastic pipe I picture earlier its 7" wide and about 12" long I'll be using 2 mesh splatter guards cut to size and placed inside the pipe Long with some charcoal sandwiched between any idea how much I'll need?

I'll be using an inline fan just after the filter and exhausting out the top of the tent will a 200cfm be enough?

image14833.jpg

So it's a long 12 hour Nightshift tonight so I had a doodle

My grow tent is 1m x1m x 2m high

This is how is expect to have it setup

I making my own carbon filter from the plastic pipe I picture earlier its 7" wide and about 12" long I'll be using 2 mesh splatter guards cut to size and placed inside the pipe Long with some charcoal sandwiched between any idea how much I'll need?

I'll be using an inline fan just after the filter and exhausting out the top of the tent will a 200cfm be enough?

image14833.jpg

lol ive done the same thing ...

Haha yeah I've read your journal :) I have boring 12 hour nightshifts so journals pass my time and I pick out bits and pieces from other people to use

I've just checked my plants and they seem better today with me not watering them and letting them dry out a lot leaves seem to be taking shape again with less curling

The ak47 still has a bit of leave curl to the point the leave tips are nearly touching the soil temps just not are 24c which isn't bad considering it's a cold early morning

P.s I seem to have carbon stuck in my head instead of charcoal filter haha

Back
Top Bottom