TerpKing - Kosher Kush - Reserva Privada - Coco - Smart Pots - SCROG - MH/HPS

Hey Terp, today is my flowering day number 1.

Wanted to ask you, do you think I should keep tucking or let them grow for the new layer?

Hey Terp, today is my flowering day number 1.

Wanted to ask you, do you think I should keep tucking or let them grow for the new layer?
Hey pal, I usually carry on doing a little bit of tucking up to the end of the first week of flowering. After that then I let them go to grow up towards the second layer. Won't be long now till you get to see some flowers ;)!

I did some really heavy defoliation before flip, cause my plants are REALLY bushy. Thought it may be a bad idea but I just can't believe how fast they have picked off and all the new shots coming through just for hours. (I haven't pruned any shoots yet)

Hope to fill my screen as much I can 🙏

I always give a nice defoliation a few days before flip mate, it really helps when plants are very bushy. It's amazing how quickly they bounce back after a good hair cut. They really are some tough plants and can take a lot of shit. Now all those side shoots can make their way up through the netting ;)! Your net will definitely start to fill up, don't panic lol.

Hey mate. Ive used MH bulbs as you suggest. I don't think it makes that much of a difference other than slight loss in yields. That was my experience but you have to learn from yourself. I guess it depends on how stretch the strain is too cos you def want some stretching. But play about with it and see mate.

just ask me any questions here mate. sometimes i dont check messages or pages other than my own so just give me a shout if ya stck then everyone benefits as not eveyone following will have read my coco stuff.

Hey mate. Ive used MH bulbs as you suggest. I don't think it makes that much of a difference other than slight loss in yields. That was my experience but you have to learn from yourself. I guess it depends on how stretch the strain is too cos you def want some stretching. But play about with it and see mate.

just ask me any questions here mate. sometimes i dont check messages or pages other than my own so just give me a shout if ya stck then everyone benefits as not eveyone following will have read my coco stuff.
Hey Cultivator, welcome to my journal pal. A pleasure to have you here along for the journey :)!

See, there is that experience I love. I bet you've tried and tested so much over you're growing experience pal. I wish I could some how sap your entire knowledge into my brain lol. I'm going with the Kosher kush as you already know from my journal title, have you ever grown it? I've read it can be a little stretchy. Hence why I thought the MH idea sounded good. Defintley don't want to lose out on yield tho. I may just try it for the first week and then start off the second week with the HPS. Its not the biggest yielding strain as is so I want to make sure I pull a reasonable harvest. I will defintley have a little play tho.

I will be sure to ask you any questions, thanks pal. I love being able to learn so much from this place so easily with the resources it provides. A lot of people who may not have seen your coco journal can defintley learn a lot from your growing style so it's good to have you in here available to help us all. Your coco growing style really has provided me with two awesome harvests mate. Even when you helped talk me through my first hydro grow with my first ever attempt at growing. That's 3 for 3 mate! Can't say it may not be same result with out your help and this forum! Now I want to learn to understand my plants and their needs better. That I can imagine will take time and practice to master those skills!

Its just time in mate, the more you do the more you learn. i had accelerated learning when i started growing seriously, i thought i knew alot until i started setting up multiroom builds. I learned way more from my failures than my successes though.

Mh are better for vegging theres no question of that. I think first week then switch to dual spec hps.

Its just time in mate, the more you do the more you learn. i had accelerated learning when i started growing seriously, i thought i knew alot until i started setting up multiroom builds. I learned way more from my failures than my successes though.

Mh are better for vegging theres no question of that. I think first week then switch to dual spec hps.
Yeah that makes total sense, practice makes perfect. Yeah I can imagine so much to learn from doing multirooms and I imagine so much to be able to go wrong as well. Can't learn if ya don't make mistakes. What don't break you makes you. They say it takes 10000 hours doing something till you've become a master of your chosen skill. Wonder how many hours you've racked up now lol?

Yeah I think I will do exactly that, first week then switch them over. I don't know if I can run dual spec bulbs in my hortilux lights? Are they special units to run dual spec bulbs?

Update time - 07/02/18

Just a quick one with a few pictures. I've logged on to 420 via chrome browser to upload the photos I couldn't upload the other day, plus a couple I just snapped this evening.

I ended up with 100% germination success, I have 12/12 babies and they're all working on there first set of true leaves. They seem to be growing pretty quickly, everytime I look at them those tiny little leaves keep getting bigger.

I've been feeding with a light nutrient mix since yesterday. The nutrient mix is as follows :

Starting with 2 litres R/O water 0ppm

Bio Green X-Force Silica - 0.3ml
Plant magic Magne/Cal - 1.5 ml 0.3 EC
Advanced Nutrients PH perfect Micro, Grow & Bloom - 2ml each 0.8 EC
Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice - 2ml litre
House & Garden Root Excelurator - 0.3ml litre
Hesi Super Vit - 1 drop per 4 litre (half a drop used)

Final PH 5.8 EC 0.8

Here are the photos from the other day I couldn't upload first.

first morning breaking above ground, action captured 05/02/18:
20180205_074613_2.jpg

Later on that afternoon:
20180207_203915.jpg
20180205_160108.jpg

Here's the photos I snapped this evening:
20180207_202743.jpg
20180207_203349.jpg
20180207_203258.jpg
20180207_203341.jpg

Hope you enjoy
TK

Thanks Bro, they're certainly on the way now mate. I love em when their little babies, those little leaves are so cute lol.

Haha they don't stay little for long, can't say I'm complaining though. I love it when's they're big enough to start shaping and training honest bro I can just sit and look at them like a weirdo wonder what leaf to pull or tuck, and what to bend, and then I start to think about my next run before this one is even finished haha

Haha they don't stay little for long, can't say I'm complaining though. I love it when's they're big enough to start shaping and training honest bro I can just sit and look at them like a weirdo wonder what leaf to pull or tuck, and what to bend, and then I start to think about my next run before this one is even finished haha
Haha this is true, they will look nothing like they do now in another week. Yeah, I got to agree with you there pal. I absolutley love bending and shaping my plants aswell. I give my plants the weirdo gaze too, don't worry you're not alone lol. Haha, got to be organised mate .

Back
Top Bottom