Thc Biomed Clones Kelowna B.C.

In my first SCROG attempt I had a couple girls shorter than the others. During stretch I put something under them to make them level with everything else I had. It helped compensate for some girls not stretching as much as others (Indica's stretch less than Sativa's... bla bla bla) and keeping the lights even on the canopy. I always love "next time" because I learned so much each time that I want to apply it to the next one. It has been nice reaching a point where the learning has slowed way down though and I've developed a system that works for me. Just a couple more "next times" and you'll have this down pat and likely your own way of doing everything. Look forward to these finishing strong and seeing what you'll do differently next time ;)

Lol, are you sure a couple more next times I'll have it down .I have 3 years of growing with coco and some variables always pop up. I don't mind coco, but hydro seemed a lot less finicky. If I was able to move around a little better I would still be growing hydro. I started with hydro in the early 90's, then hung it up for a period of time due to a non compliant career ., in 2004 I was diagnosed with MS so I went back to growing my own meds, just a couple plants at a time. Today I'm not to good on my feet, so i crawl around in there most of the time. I grow much more because I juice some product and have some made to oil and some for smoke. I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to continue but hopefully a few more years.
Thanks for the encouragement, I do have a couple plants with pieces of 4x4 under them, the leds don't seem to allow the stretch like hps do, so I might just leave them out until later.
I wish I would of joined the site when I started this coco, a lot of screw ups I had before wouldn't of probably happened, it's a learning curve from hydro that's for sure. You need to feed the coco and it feeds the plant.
P.S. It's just a homemade net to support the plants lol, not a scrog. I just string across from wall to wall because I can't stand long enough to string from the ceiling and tieing to stakes is messy.

Seems, the heat problem has subsided for a bit, thank goodness. Plants seem happier with just a couple few degrees cooler and I can up the hps output a notch after midnight. I'm hoping the next heat wave will be short, which starts in a couple days. I'm good at 30C but at 37-38 it sucks and can't get the ac to run long and it heats up and kicks out. I don't think my wife will go for a replacement lol.

Lol, are you sure a couple more next times I'll have it down .I have 3 years of growing with coco and some variables always pop up. I don't mind coco, but hydro seemed a lot less finicky. If I was able to move around a little better I would still be growing hydro. I started with hydro in the early 90's, then hung it up for a period of time due to a non compliant career ., in 2004 I was diagnosed with MS so I went back to growing my own meds, just a couple plants at a time. Today I'm not to good on my feet, so i crawl around in there most of the time. I grow much more because I juice some product and have some made to oil and some for smoke. I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to continue but hopefully a few more years.
Thanks for the encouragement, I do have a couple plants with pieces of 4x4 under them, the leds don't seem to allow the stretch like hps do, so I might just leave them out until later.
I wish I would of joined the site when I started this coco, a lot of screw ups I had before wouldn't of probably happened, it's a learning curve from hydro that's for sure. You need to feed the coco and it feeds the plant.
P.S. It's just a homemade net to support the plants lol, not a scrog. I just string across from wall to wall because I can't stand long enough to string from the ceiling and tieing to stakes is messy.

Yes I am sure! I think your next one you will knock it out of the park and I hope you do a journal on that too. I always am highly encouraged by people actually growing this for themselves because they have to have it medically (oils, juicing, etc.). We've only hit the surface on how much this stuff actually can help people. Even my conservative family is beginning to have friends or see kids get saved by medical MJ. Because they know I grow they start to ask questions on how and why. I always love bringing up examples of people on these forums as well as people I know in real life. For having MS and likely growing being way more work for you than someone without it, keep it up man. It's people like you that make it refreshing for me to keep innovating and researching and not getting complacent because people need help and eventually able bodied people like me will be able to do it all for you without any government barriers or worries of getting in trouble.

P.S. I guess you will just have to wait until the wife wants something for herself and then jump in and say you want a new A/C if she gets what she wants. Maybe that will work ;)

Yes I am sure! I think your next one you will knock it out of the park and I hope you do a journal on that too. I always am highly encouraged by people actually growing this for themselves because they have to have it medically (oils, juicing, etc.). We've only hit the surface on how much this stuff actually can help people. Even my conservative family is beginning to have friends or see kids get saved by medical MJ. Because they know I grow they start to ask questions on how and why. I always love bringing up examples of people on these forums as well as people I know in real life. For having MS and likely growing being way more work for you than someone without it, keep it up man. It's people like you that make it refreshing for me to keep innovating and researching and not getting complacent because people need help and eventually able bodied people like me will be able to do it all for you without any government barriers or worries of getting in trouble.

P.S. I guess you will just have to wait until the wife wants something for herself and then jump in and say you want a new A/C if she gets what she wants. Maybe that will work ;)

I like the way you think .

Today I'm not to good on my feet, so i crawl around in there most of the time. I grow much more because I juice some product and have some made to oil and some for smoke. I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to continue but hopefully a few more years.

Buddy, I wish I was your neighbor, because I would grow all your meds for you, or be your muscle for you in your grow.

Loving this grow. Its great to see how well they are doing. I agree wait till the wife wants something. My wife and i do this all the time she wants something thats expensive i say i want something in return and name something i have been wanting to buy for a while and it works like 9 out of 10 times because if she gets what she wants then hard for her to say no otherwise i could just say no to her as well lol. Worth a shot. I got till the end of this week for 2 of my plants. Cant wait for your harvest to see the numbers.

Loving this grow. Its great to see how well they are doing. I agree wait till the wife wants something. My wife and i do this all the time she wants something thats expensive i say i want something in return and name something i have been wanting to buy for a while and it works like 9 out of 10 times because if she gets what she wants then hard for her to say no otherwise i could just say no to her as well lol. Worth a shot. I got till the end of this week for 2 of my plants. Cant wait for your harvest to see the numbers.

Thats how I got my 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon lol, the wife came home with a new truck....

Well last night I noticed a few plants developing a pretty serious calcium deficiency, so I tested the run off ph and some not all were at 5.6. Now I don't know why only a few are like that and the rest come out at 6.0, I feed with a ph of 5.9-6.0 on every plant. Normally that is caused by salt build up, but my ppm run off was about 850 with the plants showing 5.6 and 750 with the plants showing ph of 6.0. So tonight I'm going to flush the plants with ro cut with tap, reduced nutes, cal mag ph'd at 6.4. I hope this will bring this back into range.
This happens every grow so I don't why I can't get past this continuous problem but it pisses me off. Maybe I should cut the ro with tap all the time to stabilize the ph or try out a different nutrient base.
What's everyone's thoughts??

I wouldn't worry much about the numbers npstrs, what counts is how the meds work for you, which I hope work very well .

Well last night I noticed a few plants developing a pretty serious calcium deficiency, so I tested the run off ph and some not all were at 5.6. Now I don't know why only a few are like that and the rest come out at 6.0, I feed with a ph of 5.9-6.0 on every plant. Normally that is caused by salt build up, but my ppm run off was about 850 with the plants showing 5.6 and 750 with the plants showing ph of 6.0. So tonight I'm going to flush the plants with ro cut with tap, reduced nutes, cal mag ph'd at 6.4. I hope this will bring this back into range.
This happens every grow so I don't why I can't get past this continuous problem but it pisses me off. Maybe I should cut the ro with tap all the time to stabilize the ph or try out a different nutrient base.

Are the ones having the issues under the led panels you have by any chance?

If you have come across this before, Have you thought about raising your pH to 6.3? I mean logically if you use 6.0 and gets down to 5.6, 6.3 may only get down to 5.9 right? Just thinking out loud. I don't really know anything :laughtwo:

If you have come across this before, Have you thought about raising your pH to 6.3? I mean logically if you use 6.0 and gets down to 5.6, 6.3 may only get down to 5.9 right? Just thinking out loud. I don't really know anything :laughtwo:

No, of thats good logic coop, that's what I was going to do but mentioned 6.4. The reason I'm also going to mix with my tap which is 230 ppm and when I used it before it took a shit load of ph down to move it from 7.4 to 5.8. Its rock solid. When mixing 20 litres of ro and 1/2 strength base nutes it pretty much right on 5.9. I litre of my tap with ro and 1/2 strength base brings it up to 6.2. If I went over one litre of my tap water in the mix it took a fair bit of ph down to get it down. So if I'll try a mild flush with a mix of my tap I'm thinking it should stabilize the ph of the medium. Lol
I don't think I need more calcium as I add a ml per litre of cal/mag, so I'll eliminate that out of the equation, I think I need to get the ph of the coco back up to a range the plant can take up calcium? Maybe lol.
Just confused as why the run off is so low, if I'm setting ph of the nutrient solution to 6.0 and I'm not seeing a sharp rise in the ppm of run off that eliminates salt build up. Roots look good, no rot. I must of lost the buffer of my coco somehow. Lol
I could top feed with dolomite once I see the ph is back in check, or does that screw up a good pre harvest flush? .
First I'll do my first plan before I get to carried away lol

I'll keep you guys posted

Are the ones having the issues under the led panels you have by any chance?

That is kind of weird, maybe they feed differently under Leds? I never even thought that may be a contributor. I've been reading a lot on coco ph run off and some are saying 5.6 is not unreasonable as long as my nutrient solution going in is correct.
Now I'll read about leds, Thanks
Totally missed your post earlier, sorry man.

I figured they might be. I've heard many growers say and I have experienced it myself. Plants grown under LED require more calcium than plants grown under hps most people give a cal/mag supplement. I don't know the reason for sure but I believe it has something to do with the blue spectrum they put off. I've never grown in coco so the ph problem I'm not sure but I would up the cal/mag you give the ones directly under the LED. No problem, I just kinda had a feeling from experience! Hope that helps. Feel free to ask me anything LED, I'm growing outdoor now but inside LED is what I know best :)

Cal/mag is usally the issue with using led your plants look great ! I wouldn't worrie about it just continue to feed correctly going in ..maybe flush first for 2 watering then back to feed maybe salts lock in soil ? What your plants at for flowering ?

Cal/mag is usally the issue with using led your plants look great ! I wouldn't worrie about it just continue to feed correctly going in ..maybe flush first for 2 watering then back to feed maybe salts lock in soil ? What your plants at for flowering ?

5 1/2 weeks in. Just wanted to nip it now. I've always ended up with calcium issues around the 3rd week, this time I made to now and bam! It shows up. All the plants look ok, but I think led209 is on to something because the plants under led panel is more prominent. Going to do just that, a flush to balance ph and up the calcium content.
Thanks man!

420-magazine-mobile652516604.jpg
420-magazine-mobile622024031.jpg
i like how this cola looks .
420-magazine-mobile1461243599.jpg

Back
Top Bottom