The 4x4 Grow Tent Club

Looks like the NoPest strips are pretty well reputed. I'll have to try those. I have Einstein Neem oil but I'm not sure my seedlings are really mature enough to be sprayed yet.

I'm ten days in... Still deliberating if I want to continue 12/12 from seed or throw them into a veg light cycle and start cloning, because these BB Kush seeds I have were very fast growing and I think I might do well to keep a clone of them.

IMG_20160510_094600.jpg

Oh, check out my Frankenberry triploid...

IMG_20160510_095605.jpg

My tent is 5 ft across, 3 feet deep, and 5 ft tall. Im using 2 300 watt led lights from KING.

With LED it's complicated. LED is measured by PAR. Other lights are measured by lumens. Combining the two is a stricky prospect.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using 420

Nice I figure it should be enough. It does get quite complicated with LED lights. But with both it should do fine.

THANKS.

Also on the tube at NoobGrow

One thing I'm considering is buying a light mover. These LED's can act like lasers. May be something for you to look into.

To the people asking if or how well the LED's work, I'm in week 2 of flowering. These are KING LED's. 300 watt. 2 of them.
dd38cbd40abb002a9f61ab641864936e.jpg

This is also my very first grow. Im happy so far. I'm thinking yield is gonna be lower than HPS but I had to test it.

It's personal preference, more fixtures will decrease shadows and add a bit more flexibility. Should be able to get them closer to the plants as well.

Question for y'all, as ya know I have been flowering my mother plant and now she started growing again straight up, is it too late to top her? my tent is 6.7' and the light is at the top and the plant is at the light, I know they say to top it at the two branch split but safe now? about 2-3 weeks flowering

How often are y'all watering? in flower mode now and she is in a 5 gallon pot not a bucket, so I am guessing its 5, I giver her a gallon on sat wed and sometimes fri I used to pour it in the top and watch for it to go to the bottom overflow then I would know she has enough, sometimes I have to add a xtra gal. I juat do not wanna over water her or underwater her.
Shes looking good as soon as I am feeling better gonna take a pic for here.
Glad to see soo many more growers popping up in the 4x4 world.
My son in law helped me raise the light to the very top removing the hooks.

Looking for recommendations as I am about to get out of my 4x2.5x6' cabinet and going with a grow tent. my area ia 60"x60"x8' so I am looking to get into a 48x48x6 to 7' tent. I want good strength, durability, ease of use, correct number of ports and lightproof!
I will be growing vertical 4 plants with a 400W Eye Hortilux Super Enhanced HPS, 4 or 6" exhaust fan, and 4 to 6" carbon filter.

Price is also a consideration, $250 +/-

Thanks in advance.
GR

The gorilla tents are the best by far. More durable, adjustable height, and strong zippers and pvc. That being said, I bought this one.

Amazon.com: Yaheetech Grow Tent Reflective Hydroponics Plant Growing Room, 48" Wide x24" Deep x6" High

1666657490741.png

My biggest complaint is the zipper. It's shitty. 99% of tents have shitty zippers. Either get good at putting them back on track or get a gorilla tent.

The gorilla tents are the best by far. More durable, adjustable height, and strong zippers and pvc. That being said, I bought this one.

Amazon: Yaheetech Grow Tent Reflective Hydroponics Plant Growing Room, 48" Wide x24" Deep x6" High

My biggest complaint is the zipper. It's shitty. 99% of tents have shitty zippers. Either get good at putting them back on track or get a gorilla tent.

cpla,

Well I just ordered a Gorrilla GGT Lite 4 x 4 x6.7 feet. I ordered it from my local Hydro store, man he sure gives me some good deals. He was over $20 dollars cheaper than any price I found online and there is no tax or shipping cost. I sure like doing business local while getting better deals than I can get online.

I will pick it up Tuesday at his shop.

Got tons of questions about growing in a tent, but will ask in a general post.

Thanks for you recommendation bud,

GR

:bongrip:

Just ordered a Gorrilla GGT Lite 4 x 4 x 6.7 feet.
I have been growing in a 4 x 2.5 x 6 foot cabinet in the garage so summer time was just out of the question. Now even though I will still only be doing a fall and spring grow it will be in a walk-in closet in the house. I can now start the seeds at an earlier in the summer and not have to worry about the heat of the garage.

I will be doing a coco, 4 or 5 plant vertical grown in 2 or 3 gallon smart pots, will be tying the plants to a screen. 400W Eye HORTILUX Super HPS, and drip irr.

20160611_163845.jpg

20160611_163827.jpg

I will place the filter directly above the grow with a fan on the floor between the plants blowing up to the filter.
Figuring cubic feet in the tent I come up with a 4" exhaust fan to replenish the air 3 to 5 times per minute. I will be venting into the garage. Question I have is which is more efficient, having the fan near the filter or can I put it outside the tent and pull the air a greater distance. It would probably be less nosy in the tent. I do not believe I will need all the fan has to offer so I will put a rheostat on the unit.

Any help you may be able to give, from your experiences could sure save me some grief.

Thanks,
GR

I just started growing in a tent February 25th. I've learned to veg outside and flower in the tent. Controlling the humidity seems to be more important in flowering than veg. Just my two cents. Good luck!

I am new to all this and have ventured into this to help alleviate my chronic pain. We have purchased a 4x4x6.5 VIVOSUN tent and built it this morning. Nicely constructed unit. What I need to know now is what all do I need to get myself up and running. Firstly, we need to know what equipment to buy to get the tent running, then what and where do I get the pots or fabric to grow in and next, I guess, I need to know how much of what to make a great soil. Then I can plant and later will need tips on that. Sorry I am such a novice but I am sure many of you will have excellent instructions and tips for us. Thanks so much.

Back
Top Bottom