The Baboon Room

johnnystackz

~ Welcome to The Baboon Room~

Welcome back we are here in the baboon room. This round we have 3 Maroon baboon crosses to kick off the grow. Im also running some molten lava again to pack the tent.

Key information about my grow
Strain- Two Strains -Photo

3x Maroon Baboon by Exotic Genetics
3x Molten Lava by Compound genetics

Tent Dimensions: 5x5x8 - Indoor tent durring flower and 2x4x4 for veg.
Soil mix: Super soil
Pot size: Solo cups then to 3gallon then to 5gallon
Light: I will be using my new Spiderfarm SF-2000 &SF-4000
Air Flow: (2) Small fans and A/C + carbon filter and fan
Temp of Room: Median range at 74degrees. Lows in the 70's highs reaching about 78 degrees
Pests:
Water Cycle: Water/feed/water/feed
Nutes/Fertilizer: Recharge + Veg Dirty Bloom
7280EE1C-42DC-4E5F-A83A-3A039E06287A.jpeg

~ Welcome to The Baboon Room~

Welcome back we are here in the baboon room. This round we have 3 Maroon baboon crosses to kick off the grow. Im also running some molten lava again to pack the tent.

Key information about my grow
Strain- Two Strains -Photo

3x Maroon Baboon by Exotic Genetics
3x Molten Lava by Compound genetics

Tent Dimensions: 5x5x8 - Indoor tent durring flower and 2x4x4 for veg.
Soil mix: Super soil
Pot size: Solo cups then to 3gallon then to 5gallon
Light: I will be using my new Spiderfarm SF-2000 &SF-4000
Air Flow: (2) Small fans and A/C + carbon filter and fan
Temp of Room: Median range at 74degrees. Lows in the 70's highs reaching about 78 degrees
Pests:
Water Cycle: Water/feed/water/feed
Nutes/Fertilizer: Recharge + Veg Dirty Bloom
7280EE1C-42DC-4E5F-A83A-3A039E06287A.jpeg
Hey Johnny nice garden :thumb:

Dont think the lava are gona make it :lot-o-toke:
Cute garden my friend.
I'm assuming the lava are in solo cups. Because obviously big ones are doing well. How did you pop them ( procedure) and plant them? How are they looking now my friend?

Cute garden my friend.
I'm assuming the lava are in solo cups. Because obviously big ones are doing well. How did you pop them ( procedure) and plant them? How are they looking now my friend?
@Bill284 hey guy thank you! But normally i soak my seeds in water for 24 hrs to get them going then into solo cups. Everytime I do a paper towel method i fail :straightface: but after into solocups and thenat week 3-4 transplat to 3g or 5g depending on what i have free. Lava definitely are dead its been like 7 days:rip: i popped a few autos a day ago chem de le creme

@Bill284 hey guy thank you! But normally i soak my seeds in water for 24 hrs to get them going then into solo cups. Everytime I do a paper towel method i fail :straightface: but after into solocups and thenat week 3-4 transplat to 3g or 5g depending on what i have free. Lava definitely are dead its been like 7 days:rip: i popped a few autos a day ago chem de le creme
Just 2c but from what I have read. 18 hrs in water is max.after that they drown.
Thats what I read from seed company, just their opinion. Paper towel warm dark spot with air circulation is going to give you best shot at popping your beans. There are alot of different methods that work. Hopefully yours work for you.

Just 2c but from what I have read. 18 hrs in water is max.after that they drown.
Thats what I read from seed company, just their opinion. Paper towel warm dark spot with air circulation is going to give you best shot at popping your beans. There are alot of different methods that work. Hopefully yours work for you.
Ill take some note on that man thanks, do need to try this & the sponge method too. I heard thats a nifty method that works as well. Might be missing the airflow part for the babies

24-30 hours float, straight into soil. If it causes problems, I haven't seen them.
WAY less problems than using paper towel, where your tiny brand new root is at the mercy of how well you wash your hands and how sterile the paper towel is.
There are no paper towels, warming pads, or humidity domes in nature. Start babying your plant day one and you'll end up doing it all the way through.
To each his own. If you grow great plants, there's no need to change.

Ill take some note on that man thanks, do need to try this & the sponge method too. I heard thats a nifty method that works as well. Might be missing the airflow part for the babies
Don't put in ziplock or cover them with anything. Warm air needs to be in contact with seeds. I just popped 4 cbd seeds in ptowel worked well.

24-30 hours float, straight into soil. If it causes problems, I haven't seen them.
WAY less problems than using paper towel, where your tiny brand new root is at the mercy of how well you wash your hands and how sterile the paper towel is.
There are no paper towels, warming pads, or humidity domes in nature. Start babying your plant day one and you'll end up doing it all the way through.
@Justin Goody how are you my friend.
I don't see a problem babying seeds and tap root till she gets her head above ground. After that I agree in your theory that babying them isn't a good idea.
I'm rough with my babies and clones and don't treat them like China. My approach is your going to pull through or you going in the bin. I want strong vigorous plants treating them like the could fall apart at any moment isn't
my idea of a good plant. There are lots of methods to pop seeds and all of them are good for the grower using them. If it works I'm all for it. :thumb:

i do paper towel in to hempy which is brutal. would not recommend it to anyone without experience. i like a lot of the plugs folk are using now,

did they go from towel to solo cup ?

if they had cracked before going in to the cups, they may have tried to open before breaking surface. it can happen if your media is loose enough depending on how deep the seed is. i've had a few open i rescued after digging for them, and then replanting a bit higher.

edit : love your journal name

True @Justin Goody gotta make them happy from the start thats the best life line without a doubt man :Namaste::hippy:

i do paper towel in to hempy which is brutal. would not recommend it to anyone without experience. i like a lot of the plugs folk are using now,

did they go from towel to solo cup ?

if they had cracked before going in to the cups, they may have tried to open before breaking surface. it can happen if your media is loose enough depending on how deep the seed is. i've had a few open i rescued after digging for them, and then replanting a bit higher.

edit : love your journal name
@bluter :welcome: , so they go from water into solo in soil but normally i wet the soil after placing them inwith like a 2mm tap showing. I can never get my taps longer then like 3mm before solo cup. Could be water temp? Or no oxygen because water soak now that all this informationis in my mind from the crew here. Most of the time in paper towl i put in a baggie so i think this time ill try without on the mat with a fan blowing one them. Maybe a fan blowing toward the cups as well. I have had some success with peat moss pods too not as good success but like a 50% success rate. I feel that thewarm weather in the summer gets my beans worming around to sprout too. Might be the temp thing now establishing the variables in which seem off

Edit: the room is pleased to have your entry :Rasta:

@bluter :welcome: , so they go from water into solo in soil but normally i wet the soil after placing them inwith like a 2mm tap showing. I can never get my taps longer then like 3mm before solo cup. Could be water temp? Or no oxygen because water soak now that all this informationis in my mind from the crew here. Most of the time in paper towl i put in a baggie so i think this time ill try without on the mat with a fan blowing one them. Maybe a fan blowing toward the cups as well. I have had some success with peat moss pods too not as good success but like a 50% success rate. I feel that thewarm weather in the summer gets my beans worming around to sprout too. Might be the temp thing now establishing the variables in which seem off

Edit: the room is pleased to have your entry :Rasta:

did they crack or have a tap showing when they went in to the cup ?
if they did i'd go digging.

if they did not then they are possibly still germinating. i would not panic yet.

the soil should be moist, not drenched, and a heat mat won't hurt. ambient room temp at ~ 20c will do it without a heat mat. mats can cause their own issues in a soil start.
they won't need to be domed or covered, and leave the fan away from them. it's ok to have a fan on for the other plants though.

i've had soil beans go ten days or longer before breaking surface. it seems sativa seeds (of course ! :rolleyes: ) can be bitchier than hybrids or indica seeds to start. that's not science, just what i experience.

oops forgot to mention ... get them up off the floor.
it'll work better if you have them on anything a few inches up. probably better still if you can get air underneath them.

i keep all my plants raised throughout the grow. it is not as necessary if floor is not concrete, even then i still do it. it helps to maintain a consistent temp all through the root zone. plants will exhibit fewer issues.

did they crack or have a tap showing when they went in to the cup ?
if they did i'd go digging.

if they did not then they are possibly still germinating. i would not panic yet.

the soil should be moist, not drenched, and a heat mat won't hurt. ambient room temp at ~ 20c will do it without a heat mat. mats can cause their own issues in a soil start.
they won't need to be domed or covered, and leave the fan away from them. it's ok to have a fan on for the other plants though.

i've had soil beans go ten days or longer before breaking surface. it seems sativa seeds (of course ! :rolleyes: ) can be bitchier than hybrids or indica seeds to start. that's not science, just what i experience.
Yeah i was having like a weird break of failing seeds lately im not sure if its me or just the season lol before this winter fails i had like 100% success rate so i think ive just slumped on being so easy on my laddies at the start

oops forgot to mention ... get them up off the floor.
it'll work better if you have them on anything a few inches up. probably better still if you can get air underneath them.

i keep all my plants raised throughout the grow. it is not as necessary if floor is not concrete, even then i still do it. it helps to maintain a consistent temp all through the root zone. plants will exhibit fewer issues.
Yes this is probably might help since the light is so high going to move them up now thanks for that bit @bluter

Back
Top Bottom