Sponsored Grow: Dope Seeds, Dosi Dos & Wedding Cake

We are moving straight forward. Ph meter broke and hit one of my girls hard. Bought a reliable ph meter for like $50 hopefully this doesnt happen again. Going to start calibrating my meter every now and then.
5E048D7D-9651-45EF-987E-FFD45858A4DE.jpeg
927B3B8C-E8A9-4350-9A85-9F554305BE6C.jpeg
0EFF1C00-A93D-4B82-8982-090EA9BE892E.jpeg
BE1ADE9E-1665-476A-A060-071F2708B413.jpeg
088F69B9-81E0-4D40-9C8F-3CC3D80E57F9.jpeg

Those things need it man. Every now and then. Looking fine Johnny!
@StoneOtter Man your right! I started to notice everything getting funky a bit but looks like we are back! Thanks stone need to stop by your thread and check out whats going on in there!

There's storage solution for those pH meters. I thought mine was broken too....no...I was just stripping ions from the glass bulb each time I let it sit (even with a few drops of distilled water in the cap). It's worked wonders....I only calibrate every month or so now.

I don't think 6.7 can lock you out. But drop it in case. my guess is they are having a fall season experience for themselves. I might be wrong but my grows often look like yours at this time of life.
1613132155404.png
Yeah i really cant put my finger on it stone but maybe your right it could be a case of fall flu hahah

on a side note i have seen some new spots of spider mites occuring in the tent again so im guessing they are bond somewhere in my house in another plant. Gona clean everything out again after this run. Even the small tent

There's storage solution for those pH meters. I thought mine was broken too....no...I was just stripping ions from the glass bulb each time I let it sit (even with a few drops of distilled water in the cap). It's worked wonders....I only calibrate every month or so now.
Yeah i bought a new $50 meter that actually is worth calibrating now so im going to keep this in mind and rinse with distilled after each reading @copperrein

Spiders? Mites?
Yeah @StoneOtter i noticed some spotting on a few leaves and since its just developed again. Im assuming one of the plants in my living area has them most likely the aloe vera but they must be nested in the soil so really hard to get.

Yeah @StoneOtter i noticed some spotting on a few leaves and since its just developed again. Im assuming one of the plants in my living area has them most likely the aloe vera but they must be nested in the soil so really hard to get.
Sierra Natural Science, 217 Spider Mite Control is a sponsor here. They gave me a gift in a thing I won. It's organic and should be ok for LOS. I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

The SNS is nice. It's natural and works great without smelling bad.
If you don't have time to order that, I used citric acid to make really low pH water, and also add mosquito dunks to that water. It's also a natural way, very cheap, and won't hurt budsites.
They aren't in the soil, they are under the leaves in the last crevice you'd look in. Kill em all!

I don't think 6.7 can lock you out. But drop it in case. my guess is they are having a fall season experience for themselves. I might be wrong but my grows often look like yours at this time of life.
I would like to weigh in on this. When you water at 6.7pH, you are already at the high end of the usable pH range. As that solution hits the buffers in the soil, and the plant uses up some of the acidic nutes you mixed in, the pH has no choice but to start drifting upwards. Quite a range you have there... from 6.7-6.8pH... and then you are out of the range recommended for EDTA chelated nutes. Any of the nutes that are most mobile from 6.2-6.7 pH will be ignored or drastically reduced in availability to the plants, even though plenty of it is in the mix. Setting to 6.5 - 6.7 CAN lock out several nutrients, especially the heavy metals that are mostly mobile at the lower end of the range.

So that being said, the yellowing here does look like a macronutrient deficiency... not fall colors... to me anyway. When you are maintaining temperatures in the summertime range in your grow area... why would there necessarily be fall colors? If you have let the temp drop 20 degrees F, then I would understand the plants going through a change, because I have seen it happening. I have found however, that if I am properly supplying the nutrients needed, the right temperatures, and I am bug free... I don't get yellowing at the end.

I would like to weigh in on this. When you water at 6.7pH, you are already at the high end of the usable pH range. As that solution hits the buffers in the soil, and the plant uses up some of the acidic nutes you mixed in, the pH has no choice but to start drifting upwards. Quite a range you have there... from 6.7-6.8pH... and then you are out of the range recommended for EDTA chelated nutes. Any of the nutes that are most mobile from 6.2-6.7 pH will be ignored or drastically reduced in availability to the plants, even though plenty of it is in the mix. Setting to 6.5 - 6.7 CAN lock out several nutrients, especially the heavy metals that are mostly mobile at the lower end of the range.

So that being said, the yellowing here does look like a macronutrient deficiency... not fall colors... to me anyway. When you are maintaining temperatures in the summertime range in your grow area... why would there necessarily be fall colors? If you have let the temp drop 20 degrees F, then I would understand the plants going through a change, because I have seen it happening. I have found however, that if I am properly supplying the nutrients needed, the right temperatures, and I am bug free... I don't get yellowing at the end.

i think you hit the hammer on the head here em, thank you for the run down and explaination of whats happening here:green_heart:

I think your right on here, really isnt enough spottings in the tent to justify bad health on pests. But im gona order that solution @StoneOtter because im sure if i hit the plant they are living in it will be farewell for those suckers. Thinking then drop ph back down to like 6.2 @Emilya ? Or how would you address this with the proper measure to current health?

i think you hit the hammer on the head here em, thank you for the run down and explaination of whats happening here:green_heart:

I think your right on here, really isnt enough spottings in the tent to justify bad health on pests. But im gona order that solution @StoneOtter because im sure if i hit the plant they are living in it will be farewell for those suckers. Thinking then drop ph back down to like 6.2 @Emilya ? Or how would you address this with the proper measure to current health?
I think you have a great plan moving forward. Adjust now to the lower end of the scale and let us know what happens... I suspect that green will slowly start coming back where it can.

Back
Top Bottom