The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

Caught in the act. I hung the old feeders a little lower and they have dried hot peppers mixed in the seed, as @Joe Brewster suggested to do. She didn't knock it down yet, they got spooked by a cat. They'll be back......and I don't think they will enjoy that seed very much this time. 😏
I'm leaving the good feeders in the garage until this issue is resolved.

Doe at bird feeder.jpg

Caught in the act. I hung the old feeders a little lower and they have dried hot peppers mixed in the seed, as @Joe Brewster suggested to do. She didn't knock it down yet, they got spooked by a cat. They'll be back......and I don't think they will enjoy that seed very much this time. 😏
I'm leaving the good feeders in the garage until this issue is resolved.

Doe at bird feeder.jpg
I remember seeing it at the bulk food store, birds don't have tastebuds. It will also be squirrel proof
Time to start growing habanero peppers. I grow one called burning bush(over 100,000 Scovil units ) that's mild compared to the ghost pepper 1,000,000.

I remember seeing it at the bulk food store, birds don't have tastebuds. It will also be squirrel proof
Time to start growing habanero peppers. I grow one called burning bush(over 100,000 Scovil units ) that's mild compared to the ghost pepper 1,000,000.
My Pops was the pepper grower. He liked the sizzlin' kick yer arse hot. He never grew any ghost peppers though.
I guess it's time I took over the task. LOL

It's been a day! Perfect weather, but lots of work.
A new species of waterfowl showed up on the pond today.

This is a Pied-Billed Grebe. Or "Devil Diver"

It was all by itself, it's a small duck but that doesn't stop it from diving down and getting my fish! I watched him swallow two bluegills and three large minnows in less than 10 minutes. My poor fish, they can't get a break from predators.

It was quite far away, I did the best I could even with a 600mm lens. Very shy guy.

Pied-billed Grebe  Devil Diver-2.jpg

Pied-billed Grebe  Devil Diver-3.jpg

Pied-billed Grebe  Devil Diver.jpg

Omg I love your life Gro Sista 👯‍♀️♥️🥰
So do I! Never a dull moment around here. LOL

Pacino had "Dog Day Afternoon".....I've got "Bird Day Afternoon". They were everywhere and the camera was very busy. First up, my Great Blue Heron is here for the summer. He is a beautiful bird, always comes alone. I used to think he had a huge appetite on my poor fish, but he is nothing compared to that tiny little Grebe in the water. That thing eats 4 times more than the Heron, and in a much shorter time! Thank goodness they don't have partners in crime.

Great Blue Heron 2024 April-2.jpg

Great Blue Heron 2024 April.jpg

Great Blue Heron 2024 April-3.jpg

Great Blue Heron 2024 April-4.jpg

Great Blue Heron 2024 April-5.jpg

Great Blue Heron 2024 April-6.jpg

well I had some of his ancestors in a stew once or twice, an it was really good . it happens
Yep, I have an old cookbook here that was my Grandpa's. He was a southern boy, and this cookbook is all about cooking things like this. Had a neighbor in the city that would take anything and put in a pot for stew. Always had a pot of unknown stew going. Invited us for dinner once, I declined. LOL

Back
Top Bottom