whey separates from yogurt, sour cream, after disturbing it. :)
its healthy to stir it in instead of draining it..

Yepper, I have to do that with my sour cream frequently. :thumb:

Okay, so far....there is nothing wrong with my Canna Mozzarella. WHeeeee doggeee....I feel pretty darned good. I only had one of the crackers and cheese because I really wanted to try the pizza. I decided to tread carefully and only ate one piece of pizza so far. I don't want another anxiety panic night like that over indulged steak dinner did to me. :laugh:

SO, one individual pizza with a generous dotting of my mozza. The oven temp for the pizza was 375 degrees F, so I turned it down to 350 when it was about five minutes to being done and put the cheese on it. I let the whole thing cook an additional five minutes from the original time called for, just to be sure the dough was cooked. I did get melting, and it started to brown nicely. Could have went a little longer...but I was hungry!

Pizza_with_Canna_Mozzarella.jpg

I cannot wait to put this on a fresh homemade pizza. I think I'll make the pizza dough using the whey.
This was gooey, it left a nice string as I lifted the first bite. Tasted just like regular mozzarella, I could not taste the cannabis. I added some Hemp Seed hearts on it before putting it back in the oven too.

It will be interesting to see if the whey has any cannabis "punch" to it. Will there be enough fats still in the whey for the THC to stick to?

Now, for those who prefer to stay away from dairy products, I downloaded an E-Book some time back that is chock full of recipes for making things that are normally done with dairy products. These recipes use plant based, non-dairy ingredients. You can even make "cheeses" using a cashew paste as a base ingredient among many other things to make them with. There are tons of recipes for "cheese" in this book.
Either paperback book or PDF download.

Check into "The Non-Dairy Evolution Cookbook" by Skye Michael Conroy

(No, I do not receive compensation for suggesting this book. I just think it's an awesome alternative to dairy based cheeses and other dairy based foods)

For example, Velk. Here's yesterdays' attempt at getting proper curds. They are not properly solid, as you can see.
Curds are made by adding acid (usually citric acid powder), and rennet, which also helps to curdle the milk and to stabilize the curd more solidly. I did not have enough rennet in the first attempt, and probably not enough citric acid powder. I used crystallized citric acid, which by measure...was probably less of the amount required for powder. I powdered the citric acid using a coffee grinder for the second batch.

The yellowish liquid is the whey:

curds_and_whey.jpg

This is the second batch today. You can see that the curds are a bit more solidly together. They are normally much firmer than that. I am cutting the curd here (yep, now we get to the "cutting the cheese" jokes :laugh: )

cutting_the_curds.jpg

Thanks canna I actually get it now thanks for adding the photos ! And that pizza looks so good your making me hungry again . I definitely need to try some of your recipes ..

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

HeyDrZiggy, fly some of that homemade yogurt my way. :laugh: Was it greek yogurt or regular yogurt?

Today was D-Day (dentist day) and the major job is finally done. I feel like my jaw has been ripped apart. LOL
Thank the Lord for Cannabis (for pain) and strawberry flavored greek yogurt, it will be my diet the next couple days.

So, I don't think I will get to anything new here until this weekend.

Whatchaupta cannabis cooks?

:circle-of-love:

HeyDrZiggy, fly some of that homemade yogurt my way. :laugh: Was it greek yogurt or regular yogurt?

Today was D-Day (dentist day) and the major job is finally done. I feel like my jaw has been ripped apart. LOL
Thank the Lord for Cannabis (for pain) and strawberry flavored greek yogurt, it will be my diet the next couple days.

So, I don't think I will get to anything new here until this weekend.

Whatchaupta cannabis cooks?

:circle-of-love:

Greek ..it came out great!!
My CannaCream, CannaCoconut oil and CannaAvocado oil came out awesome!

about to post a pic of what i just made, and had to take a bite

:)

Those look delicious! And I love the gluten free part.....and of course the canna infusion. Did they kick yer buttsky?

+reps to you. (apparently as soon as I spread some reps around elsewhere. :laugh: ) I just know you are thoroughly enjoying that Sous Vide unit now!

Just bought some coconut milk today, can't wait to get it into a recipe.

I've got a little update on the Tincture Teddies to post before I knock 'meself out.

Those look delicious! And I love the gluten free part.....and of course the canna infusion. Did they kick yer buttsky?

+reps to you. (apparently as soon as I spread some reps around elsewhere. :laugh: ) I just know you are thoroughly enjoying that Sous Vide unit now!

Just bought some coconut milk today, can't wait to get it into a recipe.

I've got a little update on the Tincture Teddies to post before I knock 'meself out.

effect just starting :rofl:

Tincture Teddies update, experiment two:

This was to see if I could get away with not using the cornstarch step. Such a mess! This was successful and no cornstarch was involved.

I took what was left of the tincture in the jar from the first Teddies batch, and put a handful of them in it. I allowed them to double in size over a couple days and then put them on a plate in a single layer, not touching each other. I left them there a few hours for the alcohol to dissipate:

tincture_teddies_12.jpg

They were pretty sticky at that point, so I sprayed them lightly with vegetable oil and made sure they were coated. Then I put them in a jar for a couple more days. I just checked them and they are great. None are stuck together and they are good and soft just like regular gummies. (even softer actually) So, this is the way I will do it from now on. Soak them in the tincture until doubled in size, dry them a bit in a single separate layer, spray them lightly to coat with veggie oil, then jar them up.

tincture_teddies_13.jpg

I now return you to the eye feast DrZiggy sent in. YUM!

Tincture Teddies update, experiment two:

This was to see if I could get away with not using the cornstarch step. Such a mess! This was successful and no cornstarch was involved.

I took what was left of the tincture in the jar from the first Teddies batch, and put a handful of them in it. I allowed them to double in size over a couple days and then put them on a plate in a single layer, not touching each other. I left them there a few hours for the alcohol to dissipate:

tincture_teddies_12.jpg

They were pretty sticky at that point, so I sprayed them lightly with vegetable oil and made sure they were coated. Then I put them in a jar for a couple more days. I just checked them and they are great. None are stuck together and they are good and soft just like regular gummies. (even softer actually) So, this is the way I will do it from now on. Soak them in the tincture until doubled in size, dry them a bit in a single separate layer, spray them lightly to coat with veggie oil, then jar them up.

tincture_teddies_13.jpg

I now return you to the eye feast DrZiggy sent in. YUM!

those are beautiful!! how many do you need for a dose, canna?

those are beautiful!! how many do you need for a dose, canna?

According to THCristi, it's supposed to be 3 to 4 of them. But, of course that's all dependent on the strength of the tincture, the strain of MJ..etc.
So, the gal that requested these from me won't be around until the weekend. I'll give her the jar and let her give them a go.
I will probably try one this weekend too, but there is no way I can do it right now with this post dental pain and healing process.
I will definitely report back on what she says.

:thumb:

According to THCristi, it's supposed to 3 to 4 of them. But, of course that's all dependent on the strength of the tincture, the strain of MJ..etc.
So, the gal that requested these from me won't be around until the weekend. I'll give her the jar and let her give them a go.
I will probably try one this weekend too, but there is not way I can do it right now with this post dental pain.
I will definitely report back on what she says.

:thumb:

eat a few and you'll feel no pain. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom