I have a KloneKing 36 aerocloner, which is very similar, but the timer thing intrigues me. It makes a lot of sense.

I could hook the KloneKing right up to the timer.

Thanks Abs, I need to find one of these timers. All my timers only work in full minutes.
Are you in America?

That's too cool! That's going on my Christmas list, I wanna see if it'll work with cloning roses as well. I can germinate but I've not been able to grow roots from a cutting. That's definitely something to be proud of! I think its hard.
Ooh, has anyone ever tried to graph a cannabis plant? Like make a bud cocktail plant?
It should work with roses ,I did see someone accidentally snap a branch off a marijuana plant and tape it back together so it's probably possible to graft with a bit of care

Are you in America?
Edit :- Ah I see 🇨🇦
Reason I ask is @SmokingWings has a timer similar not 100% sure where he's from but something making me think America edit :- (Michigan ). He might be able to recommend the one he has in this link.

Looks like Wiley Coyote forgot his TNT detonator. ☺️
aeaa2a8e0986fbaaa0f663d55a594c40.jpg

I wanna see if it'll work with cloning roses as well. I can germinate but I've not been able to grow roots from a cutting. That's definitely something to be proud of! I think its hard.
I used to clone the mini roses. Worked just like cannabis. cut at angle, rooting hormone, peat soil, bag & place on heat mat

Ooh, has anyone ever tried to graph a cannabis plant? Like make a bud cocktail plant?
Funny you should mention grafting. I have one of these that I've been wanting to try, but the key from what I read, is to graft branches with exact diameters of the stump you are grafting onto. I have been tempted to lop off a branch and graft it right back on to it's own stump just to see if it lives. My end goal is to have a multi-strained mother plant to cut clones from. Maybe this round, or with the seedlings I have started in the veg tent.

20240306_070214.jpg

20240306_070335.jpg

It has 3 different shaped blades. The one in it and these two.
20240306_070230.jpg

20240306_070240.jpg

It chops the branches like this.
Screenshot_20240306_072856_Chrome.jpg

Then you tape the wound and wait.

Here's one @Weaselcracker did.
Geez what have you guys gone and done to my journal- it’s taken me months of laborious typing to try and catch up and reply to whatever was last there. This is going to set me back another six weeks....

Harvested the grafted plant yesterday. It turned out...so-so. I wasn’t happy about the colour scheme as I wanted more of a full rainbow effect, but instead the Durple Pream and Carnival look more or less the same - as do Choc Mint and Peyote Purple. I’ll try again in future with some different strains.
It might be weeks before I get back again but I thought I’d post a pic.

I put the plant down to take some photos and immediately the deer smelled it and came over - very very interested indeed! This fawn made a beeline straight for it and had her nose right in the plant before I shooed them away. I love the expression on her face.
4-way graft

4-way graft

I was very happy to come by the journal and see all you guys here- almost said something mushy but I manned up and thought better of it. Ha ha. ❤

Well- I’m off to the ol Commodore 64 in the basement now to try and update the journal update. See you in a month or two. Cheers.

Welcome one and all.

I've decided to give my new adventure its own home.

100 strains 1 plant.

That is my target and 1 I shall make happen.
Those who may know my work, will understand I don't miss my mark often.

This is a nice little challenge for me, one designed to keep me motivated and pushing boundaries a bit.
Also it's likely to be an "unofficial" world record.
I don't think anyone has documented as many strains yet anyway.

So, due to this being a rather special mission, it seemed only right to put it all in a separate journal. One that can hopefully serve to aid others and show just how simple grafting can be.

My first effort, years back on here was 14 on 1. I found a method that gives success at maybe 95% of the time.

In this thread I'll give all my tricks etc in fine detail again. I always share all and will answer anything happily on this subject.

Grow Specs.

Stock plant: Master Kush by my good friends and former bosses HSO
Medium: Soil grown
Lighting: LED
Grow space: Cupboard to start, then we'll see.
Nutrients: ........ Can't name the brand yet as not been released yet.

Side note
I'm gonna flux the stock. I'm also gonna do this with 2 plants. 1 to flower 1 to hold in veg.

So, grafting in its simplest form is just lopping a limb off your stock (base plant) and replacing it with a branch from another plant (donor)
A stock can be whatever you want. M/F whatever you fancy. Although a female stock is simpler.

No pics yet as I'm documenting it all in full. 2 master Kush should pop above ground next day or so.

Hey all.

So, Grafting.

It's way simpler than most think.
Once you find a good way to conjoin the Scion cut (donor limb) to the stock. Everything else becomes routine.
Firstly; always water both stock and donor plants well and at least 3hrs prior to starting the process.
Now I've seen my little secret shared all over nowadays lol. Yet I simply used what I thought made sense and what I had to hand. PTFE plumbers tape is my little discovery that I shared on here way back.
This stuff provides a water, light and air tight barrier. It's also with a bit of practice quite simple to manipulate.

Then as long as you match limb girth/structure between donor Scion and stock branch. You stand a very good chance of success.

Next we consider the Graft point itself. The more contact area we give the graft site the better, so I use the whip graft technique. This is a long slanting cut, down the length of each the donor and stock branches that you chose for the best structural match.
The closer both branches are to one another's structure the better as it will make matching up the different tissue levels far simpler. Take your time to make sure you align the graft and tissue levels properly.
Bind the graft point once happy. Use a few lengths of PTFE tape to achieve a snug firm seal, covering the graft site totally.
You then have to cover the new limb with a plastic bag, (sandwich bag with self seal end) splash a drop of water in it and then seal it up 95% as a humidity dome.
Then you really only have your general environmental inputs left to influence the outcome.

24hr light only!!!! and then normal veg environment conditions will give you every chance of success.

The second secret is turnaround time. Don't wait on attempts more than 12hrs. The limb may droop, this is normal. Yet if the graft is going to take you will see the new grafted limb bounce back within a few hours. So don't wait a week and waste time lol .

Funny you should mention grafting. I have one of these that I've been wanting to try, but the key from what I read, is to graft branches with exact diameters of the stump you are grafting onto. I have been tempted to lop off a branch and graft it right back on to it's own stump just to see if it lives. My end goal is to have a multi-strained mother plant to cut clones from. Maybe this round, or with the seedlings I have started in the veg tent.

20240306_070214.jpg

20240306_070335.jpg

It has 3 different shaped blades. The one in it and these two.
20240306_070230.jpg

20240306_070240.jpg

It chops the branches like this.
Screenshot_20240306_072856_Chrome.jpg

Then you tape the wound and wait.
My grandfather was a sharecropper and later in life he managed orange groves. He had a tree in his own orange grove that he grafted, it grew lemons, grapefruit and oranges.

Back
Top Bottom