Screenshot_20240410_054656_Chrome.jpg

Azi check this out, we're in! This is RVDV1, the plant I cloned. I started it in the over-calciumed soil. If you look closely you can see it's cold, hungry, and thrips nibbled.

It got put into the 40gal pot and it never rooted into the harsh soil. When I tugged it after a month or so, the rootball popped right out.

Once I washed the rootball and put her in good soil she exploded. I guess I need to grow out her clones and see. She outgrew RVDV2 who was started in good soil.

They are very robust in the cloner. Normally about day 12 I get roots, but 3/4 had roots by day 8 or 9, and all by day 11. I'm not familiar with this strain yet, but 4 for 4 by day 11 is fairly quick for how I do it. Maybe thats a sign😎

Wowza! That was interesting! Going to have to try something with this!
I grew up in a very heavily forestry oriented town, and I do remember people in the reforestation industry mentioning seed programming, but I never really knew what it was, or cared as a youngster to ask what it was. No internet then so you couldn't just look it up.

I wonder if it's an old-school thing that got lost and is now new again?

My cousin is a tenured professor running the entire plant biology dept at a major university out here. Next time we catch up I will pick her brain on this. Tree's are her passion and forte, so if it's a thing then she's likely heard of it.

Genetics is her specialty, so she will understand if these switches they speak of in the video really work. I hope.

I grew up in a very heavily forestry oriented town, and I do remember people in the reforestation industry mentioning seed programming, but I never really knew what it was, or cared as a youngster to ask what it was. No internet then so you couldn't just look it up.

My cousin is a tenured professor running the entire plant biology dept at a major university out here. Next time we catch up I will pick her brain on this. Tree's are her passion and forte, so if it's a thing then she's likely heard of it.

Genetics is her specialty, so she will understand if these switches they speak of in the video really work. I hope.
Would love to hear her thoughts!

So now I'm thinking "What if you "programmed" a seed to be drought tolerant, and another to be over-watered tolerant, grew them out, and droughted them. Would one become double-droughted in regards to thc production?

And which plant would go in which direction?

Would the droughted seedling think the harvest drought was "normal" and do nothing, or would it far out-drought the other?

Or neither?

She'd have heard. Good resource in her! If the guy is sincere this will be a cool fun thing! Did you see the ball @Grand Daddy Black showed on the stem above his roots and below the mainstem last week? He has plenty to say about it, but not how it appeared! There's switches in these plants we have no clue about and programming in poor soil or "what have you soil" to be determined by us maybe, might create some interesting plants!
Fun fact in my SIP gardens. I thought since they produced so much fruit and foliage the mainstem would be fatter. Well mine are half as thick as if I went with a 10 gallon pot of soil. Are they knowing they eat well so no need to create a massive structure to get it done? Would they know if the seed was programmed for crappy soil and potted up into my LOS? How interesting!

She'd have heard. Good resource in her! If the guy is sincere this will be a cool fun thing! Did you see the ball @Grand Daddy Black showed on the stem above his roots and below the mainstem last week?
I don't think I did. Got a link?

Would they know if the seed was programmed for crappy soil and potted up into my LOS?
I know a guy named @StoneOtter who does SIPS and LOS. Maybe he will try it.... jus sayin...🤣🤣🤣
How interesting
It is!

Ok I have seen the bent root, but I wasn't aware of the rough start. Hmmm, interesting. By chance was it around Day 60 that it started to take off?
I'll have to go back and check Gee. I'll get back to you.

TMSC Day 8 of Flower.

20240409_164545.jpg

Here's the Girls. Ikky is front left, RV2 Mutant is left rear, and RVDV1 is the whole right side.

20240409_164143.jpg

Here's Ikky. Sorry about the twist tie, Ikky is getting so tall I have to reach above my cross wires to get a canopy shot. Her color of green is amazing.

20240409_164131.jpg

Here's The Mutant with Iklwa behind.

20240409_164254.jpg

And a bunch of random mutant shots.

20240409_164212.jpg

Maybe she's an alien....

20240409_164032.jpg

20240409_163928.jpg

20240409_163921.jpg

So far her vigour is still strong. If she does go south on me, at least there's a ton of carbon in that funky stalk for the worms.
Such a thick stock it's crazy looking 💚 oh man I hope this thing flowers!! You know how cool that's gonna be!!?

Thanks GDB. It would be kinda cool if it was at the 2 month mark.
Why is that, Gee? (Apologies if you've already discussed it.)

Why is that, Gee? (Apologies if you've already discussed it.)

It started with this Video earlier today and the convo ran for 10 or 15 posts from there until you got tagged. Basically if you treat a new sproutling really badly for 60 days as in terrible soil, really dry, bad rh. Basically as bad as you can but still keep it alive and it's genetics will program to survive in those harsh conditions. Then when you give it anything better than that it really excels as it's learned to do with so much less. On the other side of the coin is if you spoil a plant for the 1st 60 days and then give it anything less it will crash.

That convo lead to your gimpy root being tagged as all of a sudden the plant excelled. Was it perhaps shortly after 60 days of programming to learn to live with it's ailment?

It involves genetic switching. The video is interesting.

Back
Top Bottom