The Living Medicine Cabinet

The pictures are excellent CC, and the ladies stunning :circle-of-love: I love the tall chunky girl.

Doesn't these last weeks before harvest kinda make you feel like a child that waits for Christmas eve to open the presents??

:passitleft:

Only at christmas you dont have to worry about ruining the present. Unless its a puppy...:thedoubletake:

Update

Hey everybody.

I suspect the plants will come down, at the latest, Friday. I'd like to pull them today or tomorrow to be honest. I think spotted one or two new sugar leaves (its a different color and sort of twisted looking) on c99 making me think its revegging. Maybe not? I hope I'm just being paranoid.

Seeds are germinating. So 3 Oriental Express (reg) and one Sour Blueberry (fem) have been in wet paper towels since last night.

Up after those 4 will be 3 Snow Leopard (reg) and a Critical SSH (fem). If for whatever reason one of the seeds that's currently germs doesn't make it I am thinking about running my last Afgooey seed (fem). I can tell its going to be a lovely smoke and I already cant get enough of it.

Stay Tuned

Hey there CC - stopping in to see your ladies. Looks like you are getting close to harvest. woohoo

I usually wait till I see some amber (10%) or so on the trichomes that are on the buds - don't worry about the leaves. On the yellowing, don't sweat that too much unless the plant yellows from the ground up = nitrogen deficiency.

That one big bud sticking up above the others, whats going on there is the plant is using the stored nutrients in the leaves. TO ME - when I see them still standing tall pointing toward the light they are not finished yet. The yellowing will continue and at some point soon those leaves will be spent and the plant will discard them. That's the point where I start watching closely.

You can harvest anytime tho but I like to wait until I don't see much new pistols and there are a few amber trichomes. This is the time where the buds will fatten up and they get that energy from the fan leaves. Not all plants do this but that one tall plant looks like some of mine in late flower.

That plant is ripe but you can wait a bit (up to a week or so) and just water a little and wait till you and the plant are ready. I usually wait until there's no rain the next few days so when hanging to dry its not high relative humidity so I don't hang my buds then have mold issues or have to worry about that. Once the plant is chopped it has no way to fight off things like PM and such.

Patience is important if you want a good yield.

You're doing a good job, don't stress on it mother nature is doing her thing, sometimes best to just watch closely..... let the ladies tell you they are ready. It will happen.

Example of what I'm talking about right here. See the leaves yellowing and getting ready to fall off and all the new white trichomes.. I'm letting this one go until those trichomes stop coming or mostly stop. It won't be long but I don't care about the fan leaves at this stage. They are giving up the stored energy while the buds are getting bigger. We can expect +30% yields at this stage with a little patience.

DSCN089310.JPG

Hey there CC - stopping in to see your ladies. Looks like you are getting close to harvest. woohoo

I usually wait till I see some amber (10%) or so on the trichomes that are on the buds - don't worry about the leaves. On the yellowing, don't sweat that too much unless the plant yellows from the ground up = nitrogen deficiency.

That one big bud sticking up above the others, whats going on there is the plant is using the stored nutrients in the leaves. TO ME - when I see them still standing tall pointing toward the light they are not finished yet. The yellowing will continue and at some point soon those leaves will be spent and the plant will discard them. That's the point where I start watching closely.

You can harvest anytime tho but I like to wait until I don't see much new pistols and there are a few amber trichomes. This is the time where the buds will fatten up and they get that energy from the fan leaves. Not all plants do this but that one tall plant looks like some of mine in late flower.

That plant is ripe but you can wait a bit (up to a week or so) and just water a little and wait till you and the plant are ready. I usually wait until there's no rain the next few days so when hanging to dry its not high relative humidity so I don't hang my buds then have mold issues or have to worry about that. Once the plant is chopped it has no way to fight off things like PM and such.

Patience is important if you want a good yield.

You're doing a good job, don't stress on it mother nature is doing her thing, sometimes best to just watch closely..... let the ladies tell you they are ready. It will happen.

Example of what I'm talking about right here. See the leaves yellowing and getting ready to fall off and all the new white trichomes.. I'm letting this one go until those trichomes stop coming or mostly stop. It won't be long but I don't care about the fan leaves at this stage. They are giving up the stored energy while the buds are getting bigger. We can expect +30% yields at this stage with a little patience.

DSCN089310.JPG

Hey Bob -

I like that you mentioned the sugar leaves still pointing straight up on that one cindy bud. Its really odd because they are starting to yellow and are falling off one by one, YET they will not drop. I'm wondering if its as simple as the flower has grown so densely around some of the leaves that they just wont point any other direction. I think the more likely culprit is how close they are to the light. Because none of the other Cindy buds are pointing up like that.

Most of Cindy's fan leaves have fallen now. Its only the leaves right up under the flowers that are left for the most part. Maybe I should listen to you and wait until those go before cutting. :)

Afgooey looks like it could go forever. Its leaves have only just started to yellow over the last two weeks...still pretty green though. It just gets frostier and frostier. Its crazy that a pretty heavy indica leaning plant like that can go 10 weeks. We are over 9.5 weeks now of flower and it looks like it could go for another two...

Anyways, It is pretty humid at the moment. Its been overcast for the last couple days and finally rained this afternoon. So I will wait until the humidty drops a touch before cutting at least. I will heed that advice as well. ;)

go Re: The Living Medicine Cabinet

Cindy came down yesterday at Day 70. At Days 68-69 her leaves started to really drop and turn yellow so I pulled her. 10 weeks guys! I figured it would be 9 or so, and that the claims of her being a 7-8 week strain were silly.

I didn't take a photo before the cut ;) but I took one of this flower so you could get an ide of how finished she was .

WP_20151120_17_31_03_Pro.jpg

WP_20151120_19_15_35_Pro.jpg

WP_20151120_18_17_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20151120_19_27_31_Pro.jpg

WP_20151120_19_29_02_Pro.jpg

And afgooey is getting the chop today. Just didn't have time last night. Will post again when she's down. Also all 4 seeds are popped and now in the soil. Sour Blueberry exploded and started to shed its seed in the paper towel. I put in the soil with its little head just barely popping out. Hopefully the light wont kill it.

Thank you Dusty and Danish!

Afgooey is down. I almost felt bad trimming it because so many of the sugar leaves were frosty as hell. But that just means I'll have some good stash fo making oil or budder! :)

The babies are in there own little tent.

I'm worried that Sour Blueberry hasn't kept popping out of the soil. Its probably just throwing roots out, as it doesn't look withered.

Not much to see at the moment.

WP_20151122_09_48_29_Pro.jpg

Getting ready for another great grow.. gl on this one. already subbed.. what is the size of your grow space if you dont mind me asking

Its about 2x2.5x3ft. Probably one of the smallest spaces in this forum!

edit: and did you get my PM? The mods watch our private messages as well. The site where I get my seeds is no longer a sponsor and neither is another one that I mentioned. So it may have been pulled.

Back
Top Bottom