The Living Medicine Cabinet

Excellent instincts on that top dress. Reps. Let's see how long it takes to see something exciting. It's nice how lazy this soil let's you be.

These pics are from yesterday. I'm pleased with their uptick in growth. Really starting stretch and fill out. The girls are still on the small side. But I must have patience!

WP_20150822_13_38_30_Pro.jpg

Temps and RH are a little off. Running both spectrums is making it warmer in the grow chamber and I had to turn my fan down because it was making a terrible racket. Hopefully I can meet somewhere in the middle and bring everything back down to mid 80's tops and RH hovering around 40% again.
WP_20150822_13_41_16_Pro.jpg

woohoo cc looking good. i wanna do a scrog my next grow can you explain a little bit on the pros/cons of a vscrog as apposed to a normal one??

There's not too much difference between the two. In a small space like mine it adds a little more square footage to the grow area. I could have probably squeezed a couple more inches around the shorter sides but oh well.

If you have room to do a larger flat scrog then vscrog may not be worth it. But remember it will always add more grow space but within the same dimensions.

The other general idea is that you can stretch the long thinner branches all the way out to the "wings," if you will, and they would be closer to the light. Hence compensating for their size. if you are growing with hps which is a cylindrical light source you might experience fall off around the edges of the scrog. Those raised wings allow the plants that get the least light to grow back up towards the light easier. A flat scrog may actually be better for LED since you could match the size of the screen to the foot print of the light. The light pattern of an LED shoots directly downwards unlike the hps which emits in every direction. So theoretically as long as the scrog is within the foot print of the light you should be getting more consistent downward exposure.

I dont have a light meter but I imagine that would be very helpful in designing the proper scrog for your room and light source.

Yeah what He said. I have a light meter but never did any testing. Good idea when the box is up and at it again I will do that.

UPDATE WEEK 6

Did a full tea last night! Yaaaa. Finally.

The recipe on that is as follow

1 1/2 gal of RO water
2 ounces of worm castings (went a bit heavy)
8 teaspoon of kelp meal
1 tablespoon of molasses
2 teaspoon of VAM endo-mix inoculant

*added 1tbsp of Fish Fert once the tea was done. Stirred it in until it was completely mixed.

I brewed for about 30 hours. Normally I would go a little longer, but it was obviously done - fungi and bacterial gook on the brew bag and air stones :)

Check out these before and after. First photo is 8/23 and second photo is tonight 8/25.

WP_20150823_22_13_22_Pro.jpg
WP_20150825_19_03_18_Pro.jpg

Still a bit small, but I'm happy they look so healthy and eager to be trained.

WP_20150825_19_03_50_Pro.jpg

Alright. Now the training fun starts, so start tucking. :laughtwo: They're coming along nicely CC.

this is were I found I needed lots of patience I want'd to flip to flower and really get things rolling before I filled the screen. Looks great.

Looking great man! Just went through the whole journal. I am trying to get as much info/ different opinions on organics as I can. This was very informative.

Hey there GR, check out my journal last page, I just did a Coots mix primer/how to organic no-til mix. The most work I've done in my indoor garden in 2 years!!

UPDATE WEEK 7

Hey everybody,

Ive been MIA since last week...its been a crazy week with an even crazier weekend.

But here's whats happening in the cabinet.

Before I did a drench last night and tucked all the branches this is what everything looked like.
WP_20150901_08_39_01_Pro_highres.jpg

WP_20150901_08_40_21_Pro_highres.jpg

I topped Afgooey's side branches last...Wednesday? and its looking pretty good.
WP_20150901_21_56_08_Pro.jpg

Even through its starting to branch out more, I decided to to raise her up with some scrap 2x4" and really spread her out. There are some smaller tops down in the center of the plant that haven't stretched because the foliage above them is so thick.
WP_20150901_21_53_01_Pro.jpg

I drenched with the drench I have been giving, minus molasses this time. So just water, Kelp meal, and Fish Hydrolysate. I noticed that both plants are starting to send out little root nodes from the very base of the stem. So of course, after the drench I top dressed again to make room for more roots.

So here we are after raising up Afgooey and tucking everything that could be tucked on both plants...
WP_20150901_21_53_10_Pro_highres.jpg

WP_20150901_22_48_05_Pro_highres.jpg

Here's some pics from this morning so you can see how the tops bounced back.

Boy are these things getting stinky already. Afgooey especially throws off an intense Thyme/Rosemary skunk smell when jostled. C'99 isn't projecting quite as much yet, but rubbing her upper branches produces a definite mango aroma. :)

Oh yes. My body is ready.

WP_20150902_08_40_19_Pro.jpg

WP_20150902_08_39_22_Pro.jpg

Looking good. I'd be concerned about those 2x4s getting wet and never drying. I know they get moldy when they don't dry out.

Yaa I've been monitoring them just in case. So far they dont seem to get wet at all.

I've been slow to update over the last week guys. Sorry about that. I have photos ready to go...just been distracted with life I guess. I'll see if I can get something up tonight.

Week 8 Update

It has been an ordeal making this update to say the least. My internet connection has been off and on all night, making it impossible to upload photos. So, Ill probably be shorter than usual.

It got hot this past week but temps have remained pretty constant. These Geo Pots let off enough moisture when you water that PH peaks the day after watering. I have been watering every Saturday and doing a drench every Tuesday. I did the drench with molasses this time. Again, 2 Teaspoon of Kelp Meal, 1TSP of Fish hydrolysate, 1TSP of Molasses. I used twice as much water this time (2000ML) though because the new growth was a little limper than I would like. I will probably water with a quart a piece from now on until harvest.

WP_20150908_21_33_21_Pro.jpg

Cindy is going full bore. Only had to top it once. There are so many little tops that are just springing up as soon as they get a little light on them...its going to be fun to watch them flower!! :cheer:

WP_20150908_21_24_40_Pro.jpg

I split one of Afgooey's side branches at the base when I was tucking it. I can't get a photo of it because of how its located...but it didn't break off. I'm just afraid to train that branch at all until heals. On top of that, I am a little lost on what to do with her. She has a lot of of small tops that are developing second and third nodes, but none of them want to stretch. I am thinking when I flower they will jump up...but maybe not. Id like to stretch her out as much as possible and fill out the whole screen, but she's stalled out. There's definitely more leaf mass accumulating.

I'm putting my money on a few more tops at least stretching during flower...the nodes on some of these branches are just building one on top of the other really tightly.

WP_20150908_21_24_27_Pro.jpg

I estimate another week or two of veg before they are good to flip. I aim to leave a little room to work with in flower so I don't crap my pants when they potentially double in size. Here's to looking ahead? Or being needlessly worried. :volcano-smiley:

WP_20150908_21_24_19_Pro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom