The Perpetual Healing Garden - SweetSue's Joyful Return

You could try my advice on one of your smaller plants, to see if it gets rid of the leaf curl. Just give them a high N fertilizer instead of high P; since they're in veg. It's worth a shot. I'm confident it will solve your problem.

Heyyy sueee! Happy monday! looks like your weekend was pretty good! That early miss sounds delightful! Hope your week goes well! Hugs :volcano-smiley:

You could try my advice on one of your smaller plants, to see if it gets rid of the leaf curl. Just give them a high N fertilizer instead of high P; since they're in veg. It's worth a shot. I'm confident it will solve your problem.

I may be able to make magic happen with the small pots with a steady supply of comfrey, at least that's my hope. We're about to see if I can make this work. It's living organic soil. I can't use just any fertilizer with them. Finding something to help them rebound and grow through will be my big challenge this cycle. I'm fairly certain that the azalea pots are too small for LOS, so they'll get more soil in a couple days too.

Moving the two biggest in with Carnival leaves me more space for pots. I've set myself up for a major job fitting everyone in. It's like I can't be happy without a big project to overcome. :laughtwo:

Heyyy sueee! Happy monday! looks like your weekend was pretty good! That early miss sounds delightful! Hope your week goes well! Hugs :volcano-smiley:

Good morning buckaroo. That Early Miss knocked me out within a half hour of starting to smoke around midnight. That makes two night's in a row I got more than six hours after falling asleep shortly after consuming this marvelous strain. I'm nodding off within 30 minutes and sleeping straight through with no disruption.

No wonder my friend who shared the seeds is partial to this one. He lives with debilitating pain and she keeps it at bay during the day, while keeping him sharp and focused, and translates into a mellow evening buzz that brings on sleep. I've only tried it during the day once. I'll have to make some brownies and explore dosing options.

That's an excellent idea. I'll pick up the box of mix on my way home and whip up a batch with what I jarred up last night and another three grams that should be dry enough by now.

Thanks for the inspiration Scottay. :hug: :love:

hi Sue and hi all :hug: carnival looks beautiful :circle-of-love:

Thanks Birdie. :hug: :love: I think she's gonna surprise me in the end. I was thinking I'd really messed her up, but she feels much stronger than those leaves suggest. Thankfully she's a bushy one, so there're many solar panels in there to assist her energy needs.

Nope. I used smart pots and soaks after I transplanted, but didn't have live soil then. I'm using live soil and dusting the ones I just transplanted. I'm giving them another week of veg before moving to tent, but I plan to check root development. I'm sure the soil I was using before contributed to lack of root growth. Still getting used to LOS and what to expect from it.

By the way, I just picked up a bunch of amendments to mineralize my live-but-not-DBHBB soil for plants in progress before I got the kit. Cool that you were amending your soil back on pg 418 (all of 15 min ago they way this forum moves.) Good timing because that's what I'm researching tonight. :Namaste:

Cool. You can share with me what you learn. With small pots I'm leaning towards using comfrey and aloe with every watering. I have lots of other stuff that gets added in small quantities to the drenches. I should be able to make this work if I think it through carefully. I've been so lazy about the science up to now. I can't hide behind anything any longer. I'll have to buckle down and understand what makes LOS work efficiently.

Cool. You can share with me what you learn. With small pots I'm leaning towards using comfrey and aloe with every watering. I have lots of other stuff that gets added in small quantities to the drenches. I should be able to make this work if I think it through carefully. I've been so lazy about the science up to now. I can't hide behind anything any longer. I'll have to buckle down and understand what makes LOS work efficiently.

Wow....Have you had an epiphany?

Heyyyy Sue! Happy monday again! Hehe On that early miss that put you to sleep.....whats the strain/genetics on her? I kinda like Indica but the clearness of a good sativa is very enjoyable too. :volcano-smiley:
p.s. glad you are gettin some sleep!

IMG_1094.PNG

Anyone recognize this one? It's perched on my bathroom wall, inside the clone area, sucking up the heat. I don't think I need to be concerned, I'm mostly curious.

It is indeed a stink bug. Catch it and take it out side. Don't kill it. They stink. Happy 420. :) :circle-of-love::peace:

Daily Update: Carnival #2, Day 104 (Flip + 24)

I'll just toss these out there for your enjoyment. I have to run, but I didn't want to keep you all hanging.

IMG_113033.JPG

IMG_113145.JPG

IMG_113232.JPG

IMG_113327.JPG

IMG_113426.JPG

IMG_113534.JPG

IMG_113628.JPG

IMG_113837.JPG

IMG_113933.JPG

IMG_114034.JPG

IMG_1143.PNG

IMG_114634.JPG

IMG_1148.PNG

IMG_115136.JPG

I'll catch up later. Off to walk with the girls. :ciao:

I also wanted to get on page 420. :yahoo: :slide: :love: :slide: :yahoo:

I think it looks more like a stink bug.

Yup .. that ^^^ they are NOT beneficial..they come in out of the cold this time of year. Best to just collect it without squishing it (you will find out why they are nic-named STINK bugs), and let it go out doors.

They eat fruits and veggies by piercing plants with the proboscis like a mosquito but on plants.

I never paid them much attention.. even in our home. just don't kill them!

Happy Monday Sue and Happy page 420
:hug::love::hug:

Thank you Mr Am4zin. Can you believe, 420 pages? :laughtwo: Glad you stopped by to get in on the page. :slide:

:hug::love::hug:

Yup .. that ^^^ they are NOT beneficial..they come in out of the cold this time of year. Best to just collect it without squishing it (you will find out why they are nic-named STINK bugs), and let it go out doors.

They eat fruits and veggies by piercing plants with the proboscis like a mosquito but on plants.

I never paid them much attention.. even in our home. just don't kill them!

It's obviously a kissing bug, just as Greensmurf noted. Stink bugs are broader in the abdomen and flatter. They're also less marked. The markings in the kissing bug are quite definitive.

Kissing bugs bite, particularly around the mouth area (hence the name). Not something I need to find out.

Wow....Have you had an epiphany?

:laughtwo: We can call it that Jim. :rofl:

Woot Woot! Happy page 420 Sue! Maybe some peeps can get this page rolling (if ya know what I mean)

:yahoo: :slide: :yahoo:

Heyyyy Sue! Happy monday again! Hehe On that early miss that put you to sleep.....whats the strain/genetics on her? I kinda like Indica but the clearness of a good sativa is very enjoyable too. :volcano-smiley:
p.s. glad you are gettin some sleep!

Crop King created Early Miss by breeding Big Bud to White Widow. It's rated high for pain relief and appetite stimulation. I'm getting ready to try it a third night in a row to see if it'll put me to sleep again. Tonight I'll start earlier. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Hey there SS - on the small pot thing. I use small pots with autos all the time - 3gal and under. The plants are not alive long enough to up-take all the nutrients in the soil. Regs different story..

Make the micro-herd happy... you already know that! Re-fresh them with a EWC tea... try an ounce of ground malted barley in with the EWC tea.. only aerate for 24 hours (very important).. mix that in with water and feed the whole lot. Give the Claw Sisters some extra.

The high N tea works but you have to be careful. Too much N in the soil and your roots will decompose! Think anaerobic bacteria. I generally dilute all my teas with water.

Don't forget that you have a lot of plants, if 1 or 2 look sickly or are not performing, cull and move on. Your space under the lights is high rent... runts are not worthy... sorry.

I come from outdoor gardening where we cull more that grow. It's life ... one dead plant feeds 10. Compost FTW. Don't get frustrated with what I'm saying, please. Not meant for that. I know you can't have a compost pile YET. I get it but under performing plants cause other issues, trust me, it's not worth it. Don't go pulling out plants ... just FYI to keep you thinking green.

I've got a few males from some seedlings I'm running... they get the heave hoe... eventually. I actually like to treat the ladies in the flower tent to some male hormones.. leave the male in there for several days, the ladies go crazy... then bam chop and drop. Life goes on. There's no need for all those balls! hahaha

Daily Update: Monday, November 7, 2016

Good evening everyone. :love:

Let's take our stroll through the garden. I started off festivities today by getting the Industrial Plant seed into the aloe-soaked Rapid Rooter.

IMG_115334.JPG

IMG_115537.JPG

Dropped her in on top of her pot. I'll be replacing the soil in this pot before planting. I figure I'll get that done tomorrow and get it hydrated. The seed should be up within 48 hours so I can't dawdle too long.

IMG_115640.JPG

IMG_115735.JPG

Train Wreck Auto (Day 17) Still not ready for topping. She's stalled while she grows roots, or at least that'd be my best guess. She feels strong, just getting geared up. My friend that gifted the seeds harvested his today after testing it last night. He proclaims it an uplifting high similar to the type you got back in the late 70s and early 80s when you'd get together with your buddies and sit around laughing. :laughtwo: He's pretty sure I'm gonna appreciate this one.

IMG_115839.JPG

IMG_115934.JPG

It's time to feed Emerald, so I checked the ph. Sure enough it's drifted a bit. I brought it back down to 5.79 before watering. I also added 1/4 tsp of CaCo3 (limestone) to the gallon of water. bobrown14 and I were discussing Conradino's high brix plants and the possibility that they grow that well in part because Italy used to be a sea bed, which suggests that limestone can be found in the river waters. He made a good point and there's nothing detrimental about adding small amounts of limestone to my own watering system. We'll get to see what benefit this provides.

IMG_116034.JPG

Emerald (Day 13) Still holding her own. I haven't burnt her any more, but she could stand to green up a bit. This is what I'm hoping the limestone helps with. I clipped off the burned leaves.

IMG_116136.JPG

IMG_116240.JPG

A glance down the clone shelf. This is due for a drastic change in two days.

IMG_116336.JPG

On to the tiny closet and Dark Devil Auto 4 (Day 76)
IMG_116433.JPG

IMG_116532.JPG

IMG_116633.JPG

IMG_116737.JPG

IMG_116835.JPG

IMG_116931.JPG

IMG_117129.JPG

The main colas are finishing faster than the popcorn. I may do a rolling harvest.

IMG_11727.JPG

IMG_117337.JPG

IMG_117430.JPG

She still has at least one more week in my estimation. I'm trying to let her go as far as she can. Every day is more bulk.

That's the the brood for today. I thank you kindly for stopping. Please, make yourself comfy and join in with the conversation. I'll be baking some brownies. I want to try the Early Miss in brownie form as bedtime meds.

I'll be seeing you later around the yards. Until then

:Namaste:

Finishing Up The Harvest: Early Miss

I'll be converting her into BioBomb Brownies, so I'll need another three grams to make 8 grams.

IMG_111637.JPG

Into the oven for a preliminary decarb.

IMG_111844.JPG

Thirty minutes

IMG_111936.JPG

245 degrees F

IMG_112043.JPG

While that was baking I jarred up the rest of the Early Miss.

IMG_112349.JPG

A grand total of 17 grams. :straightface: Time for a change. The next pot planted will be fresh soil. At the very least it's two batches of brownies. I'll do better next time. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

IMG_112438.JPG

On to brownies. :yahoo:

I added the fan leaves I'd cleaned off the buds. I'll add a bit of hemp oil to help keep it from being too dry. To the plant material I add 1/3 cup coconut oil and a tablespoons of liquid sunflower lecithin.

IMG_112540.JPG

While I'm stirring I use the broad end of the chopstick to mash up any larger pieces of plant material. I'm working for a smooth mix to downplay the plant material. It shouldn't feel or taste like you're eating weeds.

IMG_112640.JPG

I used the roasting bags to cook soil, so I double-wrapped the pan in aluminum foil and tossed it back into the oven for another thirty minutes.

IMG_112836.JPG

IMG_112933.JPG

When the timer goes off I turn the heat off, crack the door and let it cool down until it's cool enough to go into the fridge for at least six hours.

IMG_115235.JPG

Then I make the brownies, as per the package instructions.

IMG_117538.JPG

IMG_117636.JPG

Time to test one out. The things I do for science. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom