The RDWC Club

The nice thing about uniseals is that they allow a degree of offset that bulkheads can't. The sides of the tote don't have to be perfectly perpendicular to the hard pipe. You can kinda see how these totes are angled down toward the drain. And if your holes are properly sized and deburred you don't need and sealant. Some Sil Gylde or keg tap lube is almost a necessity because the fit is TIGHT and that's what creates the seal.

IMG_3182_1.JPG
My tub sides aren't parallel, that's why I did hoses. These uniseal things look pretty cool. There is a black grommet that holds a water gauge in the side of my tub that may be a uniseal. I may have been a uniseal user all along.
773ec5c0d21d384bb7e3f8e50a69f32e.jpg

Hi team...I’m loving this thread! I’m an Old schooler from way back very excited to get back at it. First grow was a batch of SK#1’s from the SSSC in 1999 and of course many wonderful ladies in many different grows over the years. So I’m back at it! I have all my setup in the mail and some freebies I germinated ready to plant. I have decided to go with DWC and 2 600 W CREE in a 5x5 gorilla tent. I’m psyched to try LED’s.
I’m a lover of the old school classics. Dispensary herbs just don’t cut it for me, so I’m psyched. I have some Skunk#1, Sour Diesel, and Chocoloco from Vision seeds....which is motherflippin awesome btw!
So I have my training wheels crop of freebies. 2 Blueberry, 1 Amnesia Haze, a WW, and a Neville’s Haze. Big reason I did not yet do RDWC is I know I’ll need completely different needs for notes and flower times.
What do you think I’ll see for yield and quality as compared to HID? Psyched to give them a try. What notes are the best? GH? I used FOx Farm on outdoor plants a few times but way to nasty for inside:)...
Looking for any and all help and advice. I’ll be journaling this grow and all others.
Anyone left over from the old Overgrow Forums?

Hi team...I’m loving this thread! I’m an Old schooler from way back very excited to get back at it. First grow was a batch of SK#1’s from the SSSC in 1999 and of course many wonderful ladies in many different grows over the years. So I’m back at it! I have all my setup in the mail and some freebies I germinated ready to plant. I have decided to go with DWC and 2 600 W CREE in a 5x5 gorilla tent. I’m psyched to try LED’s.
I’m a lover of the old school classics. Dispensary herbs just don’t cut it for me, so I’m psyched. I have some Skunk#1, Sour Diesel, and Chocoloco from Vision seeds....which is motherflippin awesome btw!
So I have my training wheels crop of freebies. 2 Blueberry, 1 Amnesia Haze, a WW, and a Neville’s Haze. Big reason I did not yet do RDWC is I know I’ll need completely different needs for notes and flower times.
What do you think I’ll see for yield and quality as compared to HID? Psyched to give them a try. What notes are the best? GH? I used FOx Farm on outdoor plants a few times but way to nasty for inside:)...
Looking for any and all help and advice. I’ll be journaling this grow and all others.
Welcome to the 420 forums, ognedster. Sounds like you're jumping right back in to the deep end! You've got that right about Fox Farms being stinky. Bad stuff in R/DWC unless you want to fight organic slime growth for fun. Do you still have any of the original Skunk #1s? It'd be cool to grow both old and new and see how the strain changed over time.

Hi team...I'm loving this thread! I'm an Old schooler from way back very excited to get back at it. First grow was a batch of SK#1's from the SSSC in 1999 and of course many wonderful ladies in many different grows over the years. So I'm back at it! I have all my setup in the mail and some freebies I germinated ready to plant. I have decided to go with DWC and 2 600 W CREE in a 5x5 gorilla tent. I'm psyched to try LED's.
I'm a lover of the old school classics. Dispensary herbs just don't cut it for me, so I'm psyched. I have some Skunk#1, Sour Diesel, and Chocoloco from Vision seeds....which is motherflippin awesome btw!
So I have my training wheels crop of freebies. 2 Blueberry, 1 Amnesia Haze, a WW, and a Neville's Haze. Big reason I did not yet do RDWC is I know I'll need completely different needs for notes and flower times.
What do you think I'll see for yield and quality as compared to HID? Psyched to give them a try. What notes are the best? GH? I used FOx Farm on outdoor plants a few times but way to nasty for inside:)...
Looking for any and all help and advice. I'll be journaling this grow and all others.
I remember Super Sativa Seed Club. Goin way back for that one. I always wondered what happened them.

The strain I'm growing now is half Skunk #1.

As for nutrients you can't go wrong with General Hydro's Flora trio. Cheap, easy, and very effective. Everyone has their favorites, and there's are always better than yours, so i wont sell it too hard.

Im not sure why you would go DWC and not recirculate.

Sounds like your on the right track. Just make sure you have all the necessary "stuff" to grow with hydroponically... meters, water treatment ( Hydroguard, or the like) and then all that you will need for growing indoors. These guys will sort you out if you have questions

Im not sure why you would go DWC and not recirculate.
He said it! LOL. "Big reason I did not yet do RDWC is I know I’ll need completely different needs for nutes and flower times." And he has a point. I've got three strains at different stages and it's a balancing act to keep them all marginally happy.

Although I'm a big fan of RDWC I don't blame you for not circulating with all those different strains. It is a pain for sure and gets a little tricky.

Make sure you post a link to your journal in here so we can all subscribe to it. Good luck...:high-five:

I've got three strains at different stages and it's a balancing act to keep them all marginally happy.

Ya, we've all seen your "marginally" happy plants..............Fuck Off.
:rofl:

He said it! LOL. "Big reason I did not yet do RDWC is I know I'll need completely different needs for nutes and flower times." And he has a point. I've got three strains at different stages and it's a balancing act to keep them all marginally happy.
He did, didn't he. Haha. Sorry fellas

Yes, different strains so I kept them all separate. I’ll certainly go with a reservoir etc when I get my training wheels off. What kind of lights are you folks using? I’m really excited to try LED’s. What should I expect from 2 600w CREE lights over 25 sq feet? I used to use 2 x 1000 hps for an area this size and had good yields, but to be candid I really don’t recall what I was getting way back then.

Yes, different strains so I kept them all separate. I'll certainly go with a reservoir etc when I get my training wheels off. What kind of lights are you folks using? I'm really excited to try LED's. What should I expect from 2 600w CREE lights over 25 sq feet? I used to use 2 x 1000 hps for an area this size and had good yields, but to be candid I really don't recall what I was getting way back then.

So 1200W total? You're golden. Are your lights DIY or a kit? And yeah, you'll like them a lot when you don't have to battle the heat generated by 2000 watts of HID lamps and when it comes time to pay the power bill. LED is where it's at.

edit: but we digress. this is the RDWC club. don't get me started on lighting, lmao!

Glad to hear. Edited for forum rules.

2000W was real bitch to keep cool I ended up with enclosed reflectors that had 6" holes on each and and ducted all my exit air through them.

Apparently they take talking about lighting seriously. I was ratted out for an off topic conversation. Then they went through my posts and deleted all the posts with any talk of name brand lights... Apparently they really don't like one brand in particular.

It's really too bad. A huge portion of what we do entails lights. 95% of the new folks want an opinion on lights and we can't discuss it or we'll get shelled. Let's face it's no different than nutrients, or soil, or meters etc. Kind of silly.

I've grown with 5 different brands of lights. 4 of them right this second. I truly wish i could share

Thanks for the info, was not looking to rock the boat! I edited my post accordingly. I'll find out how the lights do and I did do quite a bit of research so I'll hope for the best. Thank you again I do not want to get in hot water so soon as a new member.

On another note, my buddy thinks I am insane to go DWC even though I had great results when I did it before. He claims I'll have problems with mold & humidity. I'm in New England, but I hate humidity and run central AC from May-Aug LOL.
He is a very experienced grower and insists I should be doing a soiless mixture and just hand watering. He is an old school master and his fruits are top notch. I have many grows under the belt, and I used Ebb & Flow with a 50G res in my space for years under 2000W. How could DWC be more prone to problems when the water is being constantly circulated by air? Seems very safe and if some supplements are used root rot should not be an issue.
I had a huge result with DWC the few times I used it, which were very limited hobby grows, like 1 plant in a Hyrofarm bucket thing.

I never got yields anywhere near that with Rockwool cubes on a table. And I did have great yield in soil for a few years when I got on a soil kick. Also, delicious goods with low effort. I grew a strain called Lifesaver from BOG years ago in 5 gal buckets of Fox farm soils and perlite, vermiculite, etc. I received avg 60g plus per plant, each about 2 feet tall in a very height restricted space. Across 6 plants one of the best harvests per sq foot as I think about it.

Please keep me on course as I can still return the DWC kits.

Thanks for the info, was not looking to rock the boat!
Seriously dude. I see it like this, it's not my house, so im not gonna be a problem. It's not really that big of a deal, just terribly unfortunate that lights of all things are taboo. It's not helping anyone.

Back
Top Bottom