Thirstymuppet's Indoor Soil Grow Of 1 Cinderella99 & 1 Northern Lights 2018

Ah at this late stage I will leave it. I'm 35 days into flower and the small plant in the middle was already in flower when I flipped so she is nearly cooked! I'm watching for amber trichomes before I do. A fortnight off work starting tomorrow will have me itching to chop!! I'll chalk "more light penatration" into the lessons learned for next time. Thanks @Agemon

Very nice grow.

Some of that ugly lower stuff can get tossed....decaying material is not a good thing.

I am curious if you got another led could you orient them 90 degrees and place a pair in there?

I have some C99 I have not sprouted yet. Came in here to watch yours.

Very nice grow.

Some of that ugly lower stuff can get tossed....decaying material is not a good thing.

I am curious if you got another led could you orient them 90 degrees and place a pair in there?

I have some C99 I have not sprouted yet. Came in here to watch yours.

Glad to have you. I dunno if you have tried C99 before but the smell of the dried bud is amazing. I'm pulling off any dying leaves as they appear and I took a few crap branches off from lower down. I might give lollipoping a go next time.
More light or less plant is needed. The small one wasn't meant to make it so it is a bit crowded.
It's a big improvement on the last grow so maybe more lights for the next one!

With space getting ridiculously tight I was worried that the best light in the tent was centered on freakshow in the middle. Not an ideal setup in my opinion. Yesterday was 35 days since flip. When I flipped freakshow had already gone into flower herself (Oh freakshow, you stubborn pup:rolleyes:!!) so she had at least a week on top of that. Very few white pistils and the trichomes...well some were still glassy looking, most were cloudy, and some amber. A little bit too early for harvest imo but I was interested in comparing different harvest times.
The decision was made to chop some of freakshow, centre the 2 main plants directly under the light and throw what's left of freakshow out to the side if I can. The fact that I'm off work and have no smoke factored heavily too!! :p
When I took freakshow out it became apparent that they were now heavily dependent on each other for support! The weight of the colas were going to break branches only for me holding them! The plants were a bit dried out too but I'd say they have grown with less need for strong branches due to the enclosed environment, instead relying on each other.

Before chop

After

Main cola(I accidentally cut off a chunk off at the bottom :oops:)

I also have a load of popcorn to keep me going until the rest dries. :slide:

So that's it. Another week or 2 and it will all be over! Man it will be strange not having the grow going. It's been a long one!
A few more pics of the new setup. I turned both pots to get the big colas under the lights.
The darker northern lights on the right was and is strong. No drooping branches at all. The C99 on the left has wires all over the place holding it up! The really tall branch of the NL is actually supporting some!

Cindy...

I love the look of indica plants. Those big fat dark glossy leaves just look so cool for some reason!!

I've had a couple autos lay buds like the plant you just chopped. Barely worth trimming. In both of the instances I stressed the plants by not enough lights and bad pH and too small of pots. It's like their trying to make up for crap growth with the larfy thin buds before they die.

Just my experience. Both of those plants smoked well, and were strong as everything, the yield just was not there.

I've had a couple autos lay buds like the plant you just chopped. Barely worth trimming. In both of the instances I stressed the plants by not enough lights and bad pH and too small of pots. It's like their trying to make up for crap growth with the larfy thin buds before they die.

Just my experience. Both of those plants smoked well, and were strong as everything, the yield just was not there.

The plant I topped there was weird from the start.
See here!...weird!!:p

These aren't auto's incidentally. I had the 1st taproot 4 months ago on April fools Day!

Plants are still not ready for the chop. A lot of white pistals still showing. Seems to be taking a long time to wrap up! There is some discoloration on some leaves that I would like to get any opinions on. The 1st image is the C99, the 2nd the northern lights. I'm not really worried. There can only be a week or 2 left in them. However in the interest of expanding my knowledge I would like your opinions. It must be over fertilization or something I'm guessing. Feeding them with cal mag and bio buzz, bio bloom organic fertilizer. Npk 2-7-4. Every 3 days. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20180812_174455.jpg
    IMG_20180812_174455.jpg
    631.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20180812_174440.jpg
    IMG_20180812_174440.jpg
    671.7 KB · Views: 50
So after topping 2 of Cindy's colas 2 days ago I came home to find a little fuzziness around another. Bud rot! Fuuuuuuck. I'm fuckin rage'n. And when I looked around the back of it I nearly died!
Chopped anything I thought looked dodge and cut out the bad spot in the pic. I'm hoping I caught this in time. What a load of shite!! Ah it's my own fault. I should have been controlling the humidity better. It's up in the 70's! High humidity would be normal in Ireland.
Just gonna leave the tent open and keep the room in darkness. The fan is on as always. Anyone any advice? Should I chop the lot? Can it spread through the drying buds?!!

All mold needs to survive is moisture and organic matter. And those spores will go anywhere. Your best hope is to do some healthy amputations, keep the humidity low and ventilation high. From there just keep an eye out for recurrence.

I chopped the rest of the northern lights and it's drying now with the jarred stuff. Bit left on the remaining C99 that didn't look ready.
The bud rot was kept to a minimum but I've quarantined any bud that has a kinda white dust. It's a mould no doubt but the bud isn't rotten. Anyone any ideas about this? Can it be smoked? I was thinking of making cannabutter with it. Would that be safe/safer?!!

Hello!! :welcome:
So far I have 150 grams of trimmed dried bud. That's over 5 oz.

I'm happy out but there's a third of it in a bag that I may use for making edibles. They either have a teeny tiny bit of mold or look like they could have it. I don't wanna chance smoking that. Still more to come off the branch in photo and the remaining C99 is still growing!!

The lower branches of the C99 were very underdeveloped but in flower. Same with the northern lights but I chopped the lot. So for like an extra month the C99 has had the lights lowered down to these lower underdeveloped flowers. I didn't change the light schedule, kept things 18/6. They are doing great. Loads of new growth of sugar leaves. They are doing great despite 1 half of the mars hydro light panel packing it in! Not impressed. :(
Here's a few pics.
Be well fellow earthlings! :p

Sorry I did not check in earlier, hope it is still not too late. :hug:
Humidity during veg should be more than 50% but during flowering, should be 40~50%. And if light is not strong, you can add some compensate lights. :Namaste: I am sure, you will grow better in your next run. We are all keep growing on.

Hi @SmokeSara , what kind of guarantee do mars give for the LED's, (if any)? Half mine are gone after 1 grow!
Hi @SmokeSara , what kind of guarantee do mars give for the LED's, (if any)? Half mine are gone after 1 grow!
Hi Thirsty, sorry for the late reply. We just get back from the national holiday. I went back home, there is no VPN, so I cannot reply in time. :surf:
Mars Hydro now offers 3 years warranty, if you have any questions with your light, leds, fans, power supplies, just email us, solutions@mars-hydro.com with your order info, light problem pictures, we will handle it. Within 3 months, all is free. After three months to 3 years, there will be some extra handling fees, but not too much. :high-five: Hope this helps. :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom